Clip Baxter
Damien Kazhkz
Mark Sloan
Pris Berkeley
Safi Morcos
Duncan Hale
Crane (Android)

Species you are applying to play: Tajara
What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): RGB (132, 91, 55). It's between Beaver Brown and Kochiba.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:
Well, I've played most of the possible backgrounds of a human, and I want to try something new. This has been a feeling for quite a while. I wasn't sure about applying but I've had my eye on Tajara for a while and I really like the aesthetic they have. The political dynamic they have is unique in our universe and I think it opens the realm to a lot of interesting characters that have a believable reason for being on station. The character concepts that are opened up by a new race, specifically Tajara, are staggering. After I read the lore pages about Tajara, my anticipation for making a character only grew. While it may not seem like the most character-making detail, I had no idea about Tajara sleeping/waking cycles until just earlier and I love it.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:
Well, for starters, as I mentioned in the previous answer their political climate is unlike anything else in our lore. The factions of humanity that are vastly different in their ideals are all spread out, whereas with Tajara these political superpowers are right next to each other. This clash comes with it's own unique atmosphere for characters. These individual characters can be extremely bleak, yet on a grand scale I saw it as relatively hopeful. Tajara players can roleplay essentially an enlightenment that has come with the two revolutions, and the war that threatens to potentially drag them back from this enlightenment. No human can claim to have that conflict. Also, while humans largely don't have any problems with race or gender roles, Tajara still heavily focus on societal roles based on ethnicity, with all the room for conflict or subservience in relationships that can come from that.

Character Name: Nrrardonov Tabbal
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs:

Spoiler

Nrrardornov Tabbal was born on the 18th of September, 2417, to young Hharar parents. They both worked low level jobs in the food industry in Nal'Tor, struggling to raise their child amid the rising tensions between the people and the nobility. After the capture of one of the Tajara that was taken off world, Nrrardonov's parents, like many other families, began to openly show signs of discontent. When news came of the D'as'ral Massacre, they cheered for the actions taken against the unjust regime. They taught their son to do the same. As revolution spread like wildfire around Ahdomai, his parents were eager to right the wrongs of the past and fight for a better future for their child. They were quick to join with their fellows and take arms against the nobility. Nrrardonov followed in their footsteps as soon as he was able, volunteering to run water, rations, and ammunition to any rebel forces that required it at the age of 7. When the time came that the Hadii joined the rebel side, Nrrardonov became a radio operator, helping the rebels coordinate their final offensives. Being near the front lines for a lot of the revolution, Nrrardonov witnessed the horrific aspects of war. However, his belief in the cause did not waver, not even when his mother died. It was only later, after the revolution was officially over, that he began to feel disgust in himself, primarily for his actions at the end of the war assisting in the methodical hunting and slaughter of a primarily beaten foe. He was 13 at the time.

The return home was uneventful, and although there were many doubts about the new government the people were reassured that this time it would be different. The following years were kind to Nrrardonov and his father. Nrrardonov kept his doubts bottled inside, known to only a few trusted friends. He exercised his new right to schooling he had missed. His imagination was captured by the academics, specifically the social sciences. He went so far as to eventually enrol in the Nal'Tor College of Career Excellence, studying the contemporary history of Ahdomai. Those doubts he kept inside were given room to be confided to close friends, where they had the freedom to discuss politics and 'what if?'s. His world like many others was rocked by the news of the assassination of Rhagrrhuzau Hadii. The new government saw many changes in it's quest to seek out 'subversive elements.' Notable professors or academics who started to question the methods used, and compare it to the days of old started disappearing. Friendly political discussions stopped. The dinner table started being more and more silent. Those doubts began nagging at Nrrardonov again, until he felt obligated to act.

It began simply. A few whispered words of discontent, a minute or two of listening to someone unburden their troubles. It turned into quiet conversations over family tables, acknowledging that something in their society was very wrong. He gained more and more of a platform, remembering to be extremely careful who heard his political opinions. Despite this Nrrardonov gained a moderate amount of notoriety, and began to go by the name Samir Yasin. He was eventually sought out by some low level ALA agents who had heard of him. Nrrardonov did not trust their reputation, and viewed them as only a little better than the PRA. He did, however, make use of some of their resources to publish scathing criticisms of the new government under his assumed name. These gained him even more notoriety, and with the help of the ALA he began to speak at secret rallies. The PRA quickly caught wind of these and infiltrated one, arresting almost everyone there, including Nrrardonov.

He was thrown in prison and interrogated. First he gave them his ALA contacts. Some time later, he gave them his friends and colleagues too. After many years being left in prison he was released in 2456 with many other offenders in a propaganda effort to reintegrate prisoners into society. Completely disillusioned, Nrrardonov knew he had to leave Ahdomai. There was no possible way he could return to the life he had. He bought passage to Crevus and then off planet by taking whatever jobs he could. In the completely unfamiliar world of Tau Ceti, he came to work for NanoTrasen as a librarian. Although he remained skeptical of the legitimacy of NanoTrasen's dealings with the Tajara, he had learned to put aside his beliefs and pride in favor of his life.

What do you like about this character?

I really like how far he's fallen since his 'golden days' of philosophizing with friends. He was forced to betray everything he's believed in, and believes it was wholly his fault. He's definitely going to be withdrawn and outwardly supportive of the PRA. I am looking forward to possibly playing a character that's scared of this national force. Also, scared of his own reputation. I have a couple ideas how he can develop depending how things go, and I'm looking forward to fleshing those out.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

8/10, or something of that nature. I'm definitely not the best, but I believe I'm good at roleplaying the little things that make a character interesting and believable.

Notes:
I'm so sorry about how long this turned out, I tried to trim it down a bit but didn't make much of a dent. Also; I know I don't talk about religion in the story. I wasn't sure where to fit in. Nrrardonov would be a follower of S'rrendar and Messa, and very strong in believing that S'rrendar and Messa are behind his causes, supporting him. This faith is definitely shaken by his imprisonment, but he still believes, thinking it was punishment for his hubris.

Edited by Mofo1995

I feel like tajaran academic librarians is a new meme that's starting to crop out, possibly started by my ALA loyal Vahzirthaamro Malithramrar, and recently in another whitelist application. Is this the new paradigm shift form zhan peasant miner? 

I really feel like I've received a clear picture about Nnrardonov's character here. I have a strong sense of his history, his personality, and his convictions, or possibly lack thereof. Considering the NKA as an extension of the old monarchies, he has personally experienced strife and even war against all possible factions. Personally what really stuck out to me was that he served a lengthy prison sentence and didn't conveniently somehow escape or get bailed out or anything. The fact that he actually spent years in prison for ties to rebels as well as the fact that he really fits the bill for many who were convinced the join the ALA by their love of Al'Mari really speaks to me. Giving in under interrogation was a nice touch. 

Whitelist accepted.