[AHHCEPTED]Yonnimer's Skrell App

BYOND Key:

Yonnimer

Character Names:

Grown By Star Light, Michael, Bright, AIM, Iah, Copper, Prospectors Of Shiny Gems

Species you are applying to play:

Skrell

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt):

Light green.

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?:

Yeah.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

With all the new updates and lore additions, the species is starting to just look interesting and unique to play. So it got me interested in it, even more so after fully reading through the lore.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human:

They're honestly just smarter than humans, they likely won't show emotions to other species, although they still do have it. Their history also has them act differently to other species, most certainly to synthetics. They also may take a more logical approach when approaching a situation, more so than humans would.

Character Name:

Ulek Quell

Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs

Ulek Quell was born in 2408 in the Jargon Federation, in a town near the Tups Sea to a young, for skrell, couple. Both engineers who specialized in the maintenance of structures.. Ulek lived a simple life, inspired to grow up and become a structural engineer much like their parents. In their studies, they were a fairly decent student, showing high leadership skills, but as well as a low tolerance for mistakes. And at times a high temper. He also started to grow a general disliking of synthetics around this time.

He eventually attended and graduated from Verl University For Engineering. While not one of the top students, they had passable grades. And this gave them a career in structural engineering throughout Jargon for the next chunk of their life. He spent most of these years working in Qwerel's Designing as, of course, a structural engineer. Their pay was adequate, and by all means a decent job to them. But over the years, the yearnd for something greater. He never had kids, or found a soulmate. Where eventually, he became interested in a job in Biesel, as he believed he had a better opportunity there. Where he eventually got a job with NT as a station engineer in the year 2459.

What do you like about this character?

I like their backstory, it's not something over complicated or tragic. It's just, simple. I also do like their personality.

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

9/10 i'd say.

Notes:

Thanks for reading the app. I'm looking for any feedback with it. Writing backstories like this isn't exactly my strong suit.

Engineering will eventually be overtaken by the squishies.

Yonn can handle Skrell, of this I have no doubt. Despite being a filthy synth. We all make mistakes.

How does Quell view humanity and other species? They're interested in their job, certainly, but what about the coworkers he's going to be around most often?

He wouldn't dislike them as a whole, but he would more likely think of a human, rather then all humans in a way. They may like some, they may dislike others. Same with other species. Although he would see most other species inferior in technology, and to a degree thought.

Ioh is very quiet. although in my play i generally ascribe to the "great men" theory of play where its a couple of people that really push dramatic events ot happen, thats not Ioh. Ioh is quiet, I don't think I've ever encountered them flatfooted in a situation or actually in transit to a job. It's either standing by or in the medical bay treating a person. I guess that eans mechanically, they are alright playing the game.

they are a perfect machine.

• SleepyWolf changed the title to [AHHCEPTED]Yonnimer's Skrell App
  • SleepyWolf locked this topic