[Accepted] Conspiir's Unathi Application

BYOND Key: Conspiir
Character Names: Vedai’Kwia Xizal, Morpho Jrazxza, Drexel Azanti, Odovacar Aquzaxi’Liish, and Arixii Xanav-Aqirii are the most common (I like Skrell, can you tell?) Occasionally a Dionae named Crop Circles Drawn in Dust or a Vaurca named Xckdn.
Species you are applying to play: Unathi

What color do you plan on making your first alien character (Dionaea & IPCs exempt): Sandy. (https://puu.sh/Cul5z/33c9c5fdb1.png)
Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: I have

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: No, it isn’t for the Aut’akh. I read the lore on the Aut’akh and started to try to come up with some kind of character, but transhumanism doesn’t appeal to me so it kind of fell through. But the character idea was too nice to waste, so I ended up reading the rest of the lore while I was at it and, well, it stuck. Here’s Vitusek.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human Skrell: Let’s face it, Skrell are my default. And if the races were a spectrum, I’d probably put Unathi and Skrell on opposite ends. This will be the deepest into politics and religion I’ve dug, so it’ll definitely be a challenge to view it not from me: “I don’t care” but from the character’s: “this is life.” Unathi are far more about physical might and societal structure and stratification. Where Skrell are all about “everyone is equal, figure out who is the best”, traditional Unathi would never claim any such thing and would probably laugh if you suggested it. Only the best are the best, there is no equality.

Character Name: Zenodorun Vitusek
Please provide a short backstory for this character, approximately 2 paragraphs.
Hailing from Moghes is… difficult. I remember being very young and riding on the shoulders of my mother as we trekked from our village.

“Do not look back, Dorun” she told me. “Bad things happen to those who turn back from a set path.”

I did not know it at the time, but the Waste was engulfing our village. Food was too scarce. We were forced to abandon it for purer lands to the south. I only knew the kind and elderly shaman woman, body covered in the names of many lost, who oft gifted me sweet treats when no one saw, was among those who were not taking the walk. But I did as my mother bade. I did not look back.

I never met my oldest brother. I was told he was a great fighter, extremely strong, a source of great pride. But strength was no match for obliteration. And I remember pondering for many sunrises, if anyone could pick up a gun, or drop an explosive, what use is great strength? Why not build up fortitude, perseverance, and a necessary trade?

While others were off attempting to beat fantastical odds and aimed to become a warrior of great renown for Izweski (by fighting what? Common vermin?) I worked at a craft. I… cooked. My mother had no daughters, and I was the youngest. She was ecstatic that someone (anyone, truly) was interested in her day-to-day. My father and brothers were always trying to toughen me, harden me, defeminize me, and my mother supported that. At the setting sun, a son should be a son. And I believe that as well. I am a son.

But on dark nights, when Chantarel rose in the west and my scales ached from unparried blows, I would look up through the air and dust and see those burning dots. And I would think, “I believe they, too, would enjoy something warm to eat right about now.”

I aimed to find out.

I will not turn from my path. And I will not stop learning just because it is not done. I am a proper Sinta, but in this, I will not yield.

What do you like about this character?
He’s a goody-two-shoes. Extremely respectful and by-the-book, except for this one thing he’s stubborn about. He would not be caught dead speaking poorly of the Hegemony. And he would not be caught as a rotting corpse being polite to a Guwan. He’s also in an awkward middle where his clan is traditionally Th’akh but is too attached to the Izweski ways after growing up in the nation to turn down Sk’akh. (A very, “If you talk to my mother, I’m Th’akh” situation.) Even more fun (to me, at least) he’ll be using some archaic language and mixing up words on occasion. I’m busting out the thesaurus for this one. He’s striving to take a traditionally dismissed women’s activity and raise it to be something worthy of consideration. He passed the Culinary Aptitude Test and would begin working in the civilian sector of the Aurora while giving traditional college a try.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I do okay for myself and I enjoy it. Could always be worse, but could always be better.

Edited by Senpai Jackboot
changed the font color from gray to regular black to make it readable on my screen

Conspiir to no end impresses me with how they take various character ideas. They're one of the better roleplayers we've got on server, and I would be happy to see them work with a Unathi whitelist.

As for this particular character, it'd be enjoyable to see how traditional female Unathi working in the kitchen would react to a male taking up a notably "feminine" line of work, while still staying true to their morals. 

Can't give enough support, but I think a firm +1 will do just fine. 

Literally just give Conspiir all whitelists wtf

Seriously speaking, though, Conspiir is indeed one of the best roleplayers on the entire server. All of my interactions with their characters have been nothing short of outstanding RP. (Yes even the sexy clown masks) In fact, Conspiir's fantastic RP is what made me stay on the server when I just started out.

Big +1.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello,
Sorry for the considerable delay.

You show a good dichotomy between the traditional upbringing informing a Unathi as a Th'akh who has to navigate the Sk'akh world of the Hegemony - and now the confusing world of the humans. With your good character concept and strong feedback I will be glad to accept this application.

• Guest locked this topic