[Declined] SeniorScore's Human Lore Developer Application

Ckey/BYOND Username: SeniorScore

Position Being Applied For: Human Lore Developer

Past Experiences/Knowledge: Previous working as a human lore deputy, and continued writing for humanity even when not in that position.

Examples of Past Work: https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Jupiter
https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Luna
https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=Sports (Turbo Quoit specifically, in case anything else gets added at the time of submission)
https://wiki.aurorastation.org/index.php?title=The_Worker's_Party (the skeleton that this is)
And two Earth provinces but I don't even want to bring that up with recent changes to Earth.

Additional Comments: In terms of requirements in terms of creative work to show for humanity, a write-up being worked on that I had in mind for Saturn. 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JxsPKIplrUEe6SZDC4t2I7mTONHAvMCJ_iZclAQCa2I/edit?usp=sharing

I think as I've made clear in my time working for the lore team, I'm much more focused on refining what we have instead of finding out what grand thing to next slap into the setting. I think a large point of note, is making sure Sol Alliance, and by extension, the Frontier Alliance, get refined, and given a proper relationship for a good sounding board for both of them so Sol isn't talking to it's self to (literal) death while the Frontier just sits in a glum, dejected silence.

I think a question that is naturally going to come up, and I think deservedly so, is my track record of dropping the deputy position, and then reapplying at a later time. I felt, at the time, I could join, do what good I can, and when i felt myself slowing down, leave, and allow someone else to take that slot. I recognize that the developer position is more geared to a long term position, and I feel I can commit to that, as well as seeing a , I personally feel, need for a steadier presence in humanities lore at large.

A suitable counter as well I feel is: How much of an issue is an inactive developer, and point to some of our developers' previous track records. Not to say they weren't needed, or warranted absences.

Edited by Senpai Jackboot

seniorscore, albeit a memer, isn't quite lord fowl tier of  infuriating comments that piss off the new players to the server. that being said, his dedication to aurora, his work portfolio and what I would call flexible personability should make him an apt candidate for lore development.

he's rather down-to-earth, but with a good creative spark which could easily splash some new paint on human lore to be refreshing for an otherwise mundane, and rightly so, species of fleshy meatbags. nothing seems too exorbitant (i find the skrell changes to be slightly so) and these ideas he has presented alongside his contributions are very interesting for someone trying to get knee deep in making a well developed human. i like his approach to finer, yet ambiguous details that allow for more character depth, it's one of the things I personally find to be a good driving force for engaging lore and developed characters which is the existence of prefabricated branding. bars, entertainment, games, corner stores, customs, diplomacy.

if i could find a complaint it would be mainly towards learning how he would treat the shouldered responsibility as a direct contributor again. however, that is not remotely close to a speculation so much as a concern for his well-being and maintaining of quality. a few good ideas isn't enough, and commitment to finishing out an idea so that others need not worry about leftovers (spaghetti code but in lore. something we've had plenty of), and a vague outline of a roadmap are significant qualities in my eyes towards a well geared application and transparent lore developer. if he's ready to commit and if the stretch goal is to boost the relevancy of humanity then I think that's a good enough start.

its, not it's. its is possessive, it's is it is. grammar will be important.

hope he makes it back in. :)

6 hours ago, veradox said:

its, not it's. its is possessive, it's is it is. grammar will be important.

its and it's are my absolute fucking bane in writing I swear.

A roadmap isn't an awful idea however, so I will put something together. I know the fear of spaghetti lore is a very justifiable one, and an ever-looming threat to our lore.

Edited by SeniorScore
asking me this is a violation of the NAP

@veradox

Spoiler

⦁    Start with Sol, largest human faction, supposedly most powerful, so it making sense will be vital to forces having to respond to it, as well as how they initiate conversations/conflict with them, requiring less suspension of disbelief to go along with, and to try and interact with it further on station.

- REVIEW AND REVISE SOL ALLIANCE GOVERNMENT: Most important place to start with this would be in how it's ran. I feel currently, that Sol's governing parties either lack presence, or that presence is nothing more than a joke (when the fuck was the last time you talked to a GAIA supporter, or an ATLAS supporter that wasn't full on gas the xenos). ATLAS is mostly an image issue, which while difficult, I think can be changed (see: Dominia) . GAIA is an issue of not being interesting. It's a moderate group going 'well if we just stay we're fine' for the most part.

- EXPAND UPON TERRITORIES OF SOL ALLIANCE: After its government is put into a more favorable position for narrative use, ensuring its territorial scope is more clearly defined, in terms of other colonies so to help better paint the picture that the Sol Alliance is not just the Sol system (though even the Sol system needs to be finished), which as it stands is easier to roll right on by, given the lack of accessible writing in regards to places outside of it, by and large. Clearly defined outer and middle colonies will also benefit greatly in terms of the, if allowed, conflict between the Frontier and Sol to have more impact to hopefully a wider variety of characters.
⦁    After Sol's governance and territories make sense, and are enjoyable to play with a background from with, moving onto the Frontier Alliance, while also a large player in the galactic scale of things, has even less substanially written pieces on it then Sol. I think a good start would be more clearly defining how the two function differently with it's contained groups, as opposed to Sol's operation. This requires also making the groups within it interesting, and fitting for what it is.

- FORM A MORE CONCRETE IDEA OF FRONTIER ALLIANCE THROUGH CLARIFYING OF EXISTING GROUPS WITHIN IT: Unlike Sol, the Frontier Alliance's 'governance' is largely unknown, which reduces issues of preexisting notions fucking with the views of it. That being said, I don't think one can be properly formed without first having the groups in the Frontier Alliance considered, seeing as its a defensive pact between many varied groups, which would leave its handling of issues different to the culturally blind imperialistic juggernaut that is Sol Alliance, which lends those cultures/groups more power in forming what is defending them.
⦁    After those two very large tasks are completed, it'll then come to the minor factions, which I believe will be much easier. The minor factions are already rather focused in scope, due to their size I feel. However, what exactly they do in the galaxy at large can be better put across. Elyra, as it stands in the inds of many, is 'That one place that keeps getting invaded by Lii'dra, also they're really Arabian', when they're also one of the holders of a sizeable pocket of phoron in opposition to Nanotrasen, and I don't think this is reflected in terms of it's pull in the galactic scale.
Dominia is still putting it's toes in the water in regards to the broader world they've been now allowed into, seeing how people inside react to it could be interesting.
Eridani is a corporate hotspot, but no corporation really has a substantial presence yet in comparison to Nanotrasen, so any fun implications of this would ring rather hollow. The affinity with augments would definitely be fun to explore however.

This is a "short" version of it, but it is none the less a lot of work needed to make

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Guest locked this topic