[Accepted]CCIAA Application

CCIA Staff Application

Basic Information

Byond key: Resilynn

Character names: Fernando Gonzales, Ellie Shoshanna, Cara, Tyler McMullen

Timezone: MST in the winter, Pacific in the summer

What times are you most available?:  It's all over the place, really.  Evenings are consistent.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: 2+ years.

How long have you played on Aurora?: 2+ years.

How active on the forums, discord and/or server are you? I'm pretty sure I'm statistically one of the most active players on the server.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Nope.

Have you ever volunteered as moderation staff for any other servers, SS13 or otherwise?: Nope.

Do you have any other experience that you believe would be relevant to a position in the CCIA?: Well, I set the record for most IRs in a week, if that counts.  Mostly I've just been an adult for about 9 years now so paperwork is my jam.

Personality

Why do you want to join the CCIA?: I love the idea of creative consequences over incident reports, beyond just, you're fired.  I've seen CCIA do things like issue restraining orders and community service, and I think that's a pretty neat way to build character development.  I've had characters be slowly molded by CCIA actions and it was awesome to see that ICly, the company was having an impact on shaping this particularly troublesome member of command.  Lastly, I really, really want to be the guy responding to faxes from Central.

What do you think are the most important qualities for a CCIA Agent to possess?: Attention to detail, patience, and being particularly soulless and unbiased.   As a character, at the very least.  OOC, it's also crucial to be able to keep OOC and IC separate.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is in an ongoing round?: Answering faxes and enabling the progress of the round, backing antags as needed (in rev rounds especially) to help with storytelling.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is outside of the server?: CCIAAs facilitate the ongoing story of the server.  Make a big IC mistake?  Have IC consequences.  I've seen firsthand how ongoing CCIA involvement can shape rounds and characters over long periods of time.

How do you handle stress?: I don't get stressed by deadlines and paperwork, I trudged through a useless BA in English.

How well do you work autonomously?: Exceptionally.

Additional Notes: I think I'd be an excellent candidate for CCIAA.  I already do a ton of paperwork in round, my CCIA messages in antag roles have all been believable, grammatically correct, and carefully constructed to facilitate a round.  I've sat through an impressive number of CCIA interviews and am about as familiar with the process as non CCIAA can be.  I basically have regulations memorized at this point.

I'd also like to emphasize, because it has come up a number of times, that my penchant for being a rulebreaker IC should not be confused for any misunderstanding of rules OOC.  I've never been banned, my 4 warnings have all long expired, and lately I haven't even managed to get in trouble ICly.

Edited by Mofo1995
  • 3 months later...