Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Soultheif96

[Denied] Soultheif96's Command Application

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

BYOND key: Soultheif96

Character names: 

image.png.56ed83253863613c47ab7214d8c267c0.png

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

5 months and a half.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

I was encouraged by multiple people to run for command as they see that I have skills to lead and also know in-depth of multiple departments but security. So, in this scenario, I wish to be on the whitelist as I am confident in my skills to lead and manage departments I am head of. 

Why did you come to Aurora?:

I came to Aurora and SS13 as a whole because I was introduced to it by UnknownMurder, along with that, I came here because I enjoy the community and the roleplay atmosphere.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

I have read the wiki regarding of the head roles along with the qualifications that follows with it. I plan to play as Chief Engineer, Research Director, and Chief Medical Officer as these roles are to what I am comfortable with. Head of Personnel is still questionable for me. 

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

image.png.c0023dd4568e69c4ed93f80549cbca83.png

As you may see in the previous picture, it discusses that I need to stick to my character knowledge and also refrain from ganking as I did not escalate properly in the vampire round. These are my only two warnings.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: 

Roleplay is like theater, you immerse yourself as your character, you take on their personality and background to help articulate your character to other characters ingame. As you articulate your character to others, you help formulate stories, friendships, and undergo the hardships of your character goes through. You develop a work-like atmosphere with others while enjoying yourselves. That is what role-play is like to me.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

The OOC purpose of a head of staff is to help other players preform their duties in-game, make sure they are following regulations and doing their jobs properly. Through this, you aim to make sure your department is functioning properly and co-exist with other departments. If one person messes up, it is your responsibility to correct their mistake and act accordingly to their wrongdoings. If the mistake is severe, it comes down to you and command to decide what punishment would be for the person who committed the mistake. Outside that, it is notable to make sure you keep a professional atmosphere while being enjoyable. It is a game after all. 

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

The OOC responsibilities of a whitelisted player to other players is to be a role model for them, help them learn as they go on in there play. You are the mentor, there to help teach them how to do their job and well. I aim to be sincere but stern as a head of staff as no body likes a jerk for a head of staff. (Not speaking about Gonzales, he does it well and it still amazes me.) It is your responsibility to act as a the boss of your workplace to make sure that they are not screwing around, with exception of interacting with others in public spaces. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau Ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

Currently what happened in Tau Ceti now is that the Aut'akh has arrived in New Gibson and we have received a flock of new employees for NanoTrasen, along with that, we have Off-Worlders (Or spacers in the situation). As for the situation in Tau Ceti, particularly the Republic of Biesel, it is a little unstable as there are multitudes of scenarios that caused issues for the Republic.  

Wayland Mayfly is a newcomer to NanoTrasen but has experience as a Research Director for the Scarab Fleet in Weapons Development division. As a newcomer, NanoTrasen may be skeptical with his work performance on NSS Aurora but may permit him to lead, under supervision. His current residence is on Biesel, Mendell City, District 12, where he is surrounded by brilliant minded people and is able to learn from them and practice his Tau Ceti Basic language skills. He does frequent District 7 for the night life on his spare time away from NSS Aurora and The Scarab Fleet.

Ryder Philips has been in NanoTrasen for over 8 years and has been with the megacorperation for a long time as a Pharmacist, through his time, he has learn how lead and manage his workplace. However, he has recently worked with Sol Gov under contract for a month for medical research that he cannot disclose due to a loyalty implant preventing him from doing so. He currently lives in Phoenixport, where he enjoys the steady life and actively work to better improve himself to become a Chief Medical Officer. Ryder is still not over his recently deceased husband. 

ORION was a stationbound central intelligence recently implemented into a integrated positronic chassis. During its time as an engineering unit, it has massively improved on its skills with the workings of the engines available to it, while actively learning atmospherics. It draws its knowledge from his time as an AI through the engineering database, however, majority of it knowledge is barred behind series of firewalls implemented by NanoTrasen to prevent it from overreaching or sharing exploitable information that compromises the megacorperation. ORION has been given freedom, but the unit still faces harsh discrimination from people around him as it is an IPC. The unit requested NanoTrasen if it can become a Chief Engineer.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Research Director, Chief Medical Officer, and Chief Engineer. 

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking:

Research Director - Wayland Mayfly, Scarab Fleet Off-Worlder. Chief Medical Officer - Ryder Philips, Solarian Human. Chief Engineer - ORION, Baseline IPC.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

I would rate it as a 7/10, with room to improve. 

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

I understand that the whitelist is not permanent and can be stripped followed by administrative action. 

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Yes.

Extra notes:

I am acting on request by multiple people to run for command whitelist and in hopes that I can become head of staff. Additionally, I am undergoing trial phase as CCIA so I am still be tested for it. 

 

Edited by ReadThisNamePlz

Share this post


Link to post

My character enjoys working with Ryder, he thinks he's easily approachable and very knowledgeable about medical in general. I haven't really seen him display many "decision-making" skills so I don't want to comment on that but as a member of the crew, he's a great guy and always pleasant to deal with.

I think ORION is one of the better station engineers around and have no doubt that he (it) holds the knowledge required to be a CE and that, as an IPC, will be able to make objective decisions with ease.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't doubt that you're a capable roleplayer, but working with you in Research and generally observing rounds you participated in brought up some questions. You seem to be power/metagaming and disregarding the rules from time to time (such as suggesting to rob an SSD character, or preparing offworlder meds on their introduction event BEFORE they boarded the station), although you easily and without conflict change your approach if poked about it in LOOC. I'm slightly concerned that this tendency might creep over into your command play. Do you think you can be trusted to correct this issue?

Share this post


Link to post

The times I've played in rounds with your characters, I've noticed, as mentioned just above, you have a bit of a tendency to dip into powergaming and metagaming. When you played Ryder, I often saw rounds where you would take the syringe gun and grenade kits early in the rounds before much has happened, you'd produce chloral as soon as things started to go slightly amiss in rounds; and started teaching new chemists too that this was a good thing to do, when it very much isn't. Not just that, but I'd often see you leaving your lab extremely often to treat patients when doctors were present, even going so far to all but shoo doctors away so you could treat their patients instead, or outright contradicting a doctor's advice in front of the patient. Sometimes I'd see you responding to calls when there were paramedics. I'd even seen you assisting with surgery on Ryder once. Now to my understanding you don't particularly play him much any more, so you may have improved some from those days, but he was not the only character I'd seen some questionable things done on. On Flamel, I've seen you hop between a number of station roles with him, which is somewhat questionable for an IPC, given that they're generally supposed to be built for a highly specialized purpose. I've seen him do chemistry, virology, xenobotany to an extent, R&D, I even saw you waltzing in and out of the robotics lab when I was playing roboticist once, and when I fell SSD, I came back to have found myself in cryo with my gear stripped (that part is fair), but also you having taken my ID (which I'm pretty sure is against the rules) and built a number of things like RIG suits and various modules in the lab. Even with Wayland who I believe is a regular scientist, I recall another round where an AI ended up with an ion law, and rather than contacting command and allowing them time to fix it, you went straight to building a law console in R&D, and applied the PALADIN lawset to them on the spot; then handed me an intelliCard as Captain, and told me "You know what you have to do.", though I believe I warned you about that incident IC already. There was another round I believe too, where you performed surgery in the medical bay while playing a xenobiologist, too.

I want to emphasise that I don't bring these situations up in an attempt to smear you or your application attempt, but simply because these are situations I've experienced with you and your characters that I feel are of considerable concern for anyone, but especially for somebody that's applying to be a head of staff. As it is, I don't think I could confidently say that I personally think you're ready for a head of staff whitelist. These issues aside, roleplay wise, I think you do okay, but I would have to give you a -1 until I know that you've improved on these tendencies.

Share this post


Link to post

-1. I've only really seen Flamel, but that sets off several red flags. I'm gonna go full roast on this, but this is only about your roleplay, and I have no ill will against you as a player.

I've gone out of my way to interact with them before, and you were VERY begrudging to accept any roleplay cues I sent your way, even when I went so far down as to hunt you down at roundstart as a Corporate Reporter. I play incredibly reclusive and antisocial characters, and I get that sometimes you need to cut loose from roleplay situations because it wouldn't make sense for your character. But through speaking to them, I didn't get any sense of character from you. I got a constant feeling that you didn't really know WHY your character was there, besides being a chemist IPC for the NSS Aurora. You didn't know why your character did what they did, and it played into a sense of feeling very OOC. I don't have logs of the specific evidence, so I'm afraid I can't back that up with logs or anything, and it was a small while ago. In addition, I don't really see you talking like an IPC, nor a human, just a player.

Flamel was recently barred from job-hopping after being seen as a variety of roles (at the very least, in one round, Chemistry, Research, and Robotics). This was far too recent for me to be entirely comfortable with giving you a head whitelist; the fact you needed to be spoken to about it means you didn't understand of your own volition why jobhopping to that degree, even as an IPC, is wrong. I think that if you can't interpret that even without knowing the ruling directly, then you aren't ready for a Head of Staff position.

In that same round, I saw several other red flags: a very simplified view of research, for one, which is very harmful to a roleplay environment. I get it; research is, in game terms, categorized into a variety of things that can be mechanically finished 'finished'. But it's damaging to roleplay to rush research at round-start and then say Flamel (Scientist) says, "Research is completely done." . An AI at the time attempted to roleplay with you by talking about your research, to which you were VERY laconic and mechanical, and I don't think it was solely for the characterization. This tendency to look at rounds in terms of a game rather than a shift at work is prevalent in all interactions I've had with you, and ties into Cactus' analysis of your playstyle. You try to do everything, and thus don't view what you're doing as roleplay but something to check off a list. This leaves you, and others, with nothing to do, because you've done it all as efficiently as possible. And that, in turn, leaves people feeling bored, and forces people to chairRP or start getting silly.

As well, your character, an IPC, did not seem to have any understanding of how serious many of their actions were. An IPC is slightly alien, yes, and can be held to a different regard than a human. But this power comes with the responsibility to use it for the greater good; of your character and the round. Handing out circuit printers to anyone and everyone, talking about 'illegal research' without any regard for the fact that it's LITERALLY ILLEGAL within Tau Ceti, and thus shouldn't be exactly publicized. What falls within the grounds of 'illegal research'? Why is your character so interested in pursuing it? These are questions that I don't think you, as a player, would have been able to answer at the time.

One of your lines, after being asked to be careful, was "Chamleon kits are harmless by the way.". What does this mean as a statement that a character is making? It's 'illegal', by your own admission. You're assuming other people will know what chameleon kits are, ICly, because they're a mechanically well-known item. You could have said anything, made up any kind of excuse to talk about and roleplay with it ICly, but you fell back on mechanical terms and playstyle again. The same attitude came up when you literally broke into the AI's private binary channel, and you didn't treat it with any degree of significance. Literally being able to break into the private communications of the omnipresent artificial intelligence should have been huge, and worthy of tonnes of reaction. Instead, it was treated as 'huh, neat' and glossed over. I prompted you in LOOC to take it more seriously, and you said, "I am".

Even stuff like upgrading machines is a facet for roleplay, that can and should be encouraged. This playstyle is hazardous because, as Cactus noted, you encourage other players to follow suit through your IC actions as well- which tears down the experience for others even while you're not there. As a head of staff, you'll be a role model, and that will only further encourage people to pursue this.

Finally, you're planning to upgrade SEVERAL of your characters here. Why? What does that add to their arcs, to their characters? It feels like you view this as another mechanical step, as evidenced by statements like "I wish to be on the whitelist as I am confident in my skills to lead and manage departments I am head of". Competency is not a reason to be a head of staff. It's another tool that should be used to promote roleplay.

 

And with that huge roast out of the way, I think you can and will massively improve. I just think you need to think about your playstyle and work to improve it. Any questions, feel free to PM me on Discord.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 Not just that, but I'd often see you leaving your lab extremely often to treat patients when doctors were present, even going so far to all but shoo doctors away so you could treat their patients instead, or outright contradicting a doctor's advice in front of the patient. Sometimes I'd see you responding to calls when there were paramedics. I'd even seen you assisting with surgery on Ryder once. 

Echoing this. Ryder was a headache to deal with in medical back when you started here with him. I don't know if you've improved since, but seeing Ryder was enough to make me want to stop playing as a co-chemist, and playing my EMT while Ryder was around was a headache because he was always THERE in treatment.

I find myself agreeing with Cactus and Ornias here, so I'm not going to repeat their points beyond what I already mentioned. I've noticed much of the same as them and it's pretty consistent. You can improve a lot, but until you do, I can't say I'd like to see you handle any sort of command role. -1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, VTCobaltblood said:

I don't doubt that you're a capable roleplayer, but working with you in Research and generally observing rounds you participated in brought up some questions. You seem to be power/metagaming and disregarding the rules from time to time (such as suggesting to rob an SSD character, or preparing offworlder meds on their introduction event BEFORE they boarded the station), although you easily and without conflict change your approach if poked about it in LOOC. I'm slightly concerned that this tendency might creep over into your command play. Do you think you can be trusted to correct this issue?

Through reading the feedback here, I understand the mistakes and slight disregard of the rules from time to time that I have made and will sit down to think how will I improve for the future. I will also be making a post that will include character feedback so I can fix and improve my characters that I frequent often. 

8 hours ago, furrycactus said:

The times I've played in rounds with your characters, I've noticed, as mentioned just above, you have a bit of a tendency to dip into powergaming and metagaming. When you played Ryder, I often saw rounds where you would take the syringe gun and grenade kits early in the rounds before much has happened, you'd produce chloral as soon as things started to go slightly amiss in rounds; and started teaching new chemists too that this was a good thing to do, when it very much isn't. Not just that, but I'd often see you leaving your lab extremely often to treat patients when doctors were present, even going so far to all but shoo doctors away so you could treat their patients instead, or outright contradicting a doctor's advice in front of the patient. Sometimes I'd see you responding to calls when there were paramedics. I'd even seen you assisting with surgery on Ryder once. Now to my understanding you don't particularly play him much any more, so you may have improved some from those days, but he was not the only character I'd seen some questionable things done on. On Flamel, I've seen you hop between a number of station roles with him, which is somewhat questionable for an IPC, given that they're generally supposed to be built for a highly specialized purpose. I've seen him do chemistry, virology, xenobotany to an extent, R&D, I even saw you waltzing in and out of the robotics lab when I was playing roboticist once, and when I fell SSD, I came back to have found myself in cryo with my gear stripped (that part is fair), but also you having taken my ID (which I'm pretty sure is against the rules) and built a number of things like RIG suits and various modules in the lab. Even with Wayland who I believe is a regular scientist, I recall another round where an AI ended up with an ion law, and rather than contacting command and allowing them time to fix it, you went straight to building a law console in R&D, and applied the PALADIN lawset to them on the spot; then handed me an intelliCard as Captain, and told me "You know what you have to do.", though I believe I warned you about that incident IC already. There was another round I believe too, where you performed surgery in the medical bay while playing a xenobiologist, too.

I have received feedback based on Flamel, seeing that even if he made great strides in research as he was intended to be, a medical and research IPC, but realizing it is overbearing and near-human like. So, in this case, I have restricted him to scientist and biochemist roles as it give it a specific area to work in. As for helping medical, peer pressure got to me and I should have just not went in the first place and blocked with a phrase of, "I am not programmed to do surgery of that level, sir/madame [name]," and walk off.

As for Ryder, I spoke ICly that I will be restricting myself to my lab and not help at all unless I am absolutely need for medical resident things like strip down a corpse for post-cloning, prepare a patient for surgery with anesthetics, and handle basic medical care for when medical gets swamped. Regarding the crate of syringer and grenades, with some feedback, I have decided to not touch those unless I am using the grenades for medical experimentation or a legitimate cause to bring it up when the round turns hectic, outside that, will just leave it in the bottom level. 

For my newest character, Wayland Mayfly, god I love him for the things I do, my whole vision on him was weapons development, and with that comes with rather high levels of R&D in order to get what I want in order to experiment with weapons. I won't justify the SSD part as it was wrong of me to do so, outside stripping off the essentials for the next roboticist, and being reminded again not to do that will stick. 

8 hours ago, Ornias said:

In that same round, I saw several other red flags: a very simplified view of research, for one, which is very harmful to a roleplay environment. I get it; research is, in game terms, categorized into a variety of things that can be mechanically finished 'finished'. But it's damaging to roleplay to rush research at round-start and then say Flamel (Scientist) says, "Research is completely done." . An AI at the time attempted to roleplay with you by talking about your research, to which you were VERY laconic and mechanical, and I don't think it was solely for the characterization. This tendency to look at rounds in terms of a game rather than a shift at work is prevalent in all interactions I've had with you, and ties into Cactus' analysis of your playstyle. You try to do everything, and thus don't view what you're doing as roleplay but something to check off a list. This leaves you, and others, with nothing to do, because you've done it all as efficiently as possible. And that, in turn, leaves people feeling bored, and forces people to chairRP or start getting silly.

As well, your character, an IPC, did not seem to have any understanding of how serious many of their actions were. An IPC is slightly alien, yes, and can be held to a different regard than a human. But this power comes with the responsibility to use it for the greater good; of your character and the round. Handing out circuit printers to anyone and everyone, talking about 'illegal research' without any regard for the fact that it's LITERALLY ILLEGAL within Tau Ceti, and thus shouldn't be exactly publicized. What falls within the grounds of 'illegal research'? Why is your character so interested in pursuing it? These are questions that I don't think you, as a player, would have been able to answer at the time.

One of your lines, after being asked to be careful, was "Chamleon kits are harmless by the way.". What does this mean as a statement that a character is making? It's 'illegal', by your own admission. You're assuming other people will know what chameleon kits are, ICly, because they're a mechanically well-known item. You could have said anything, made up any kind of excuse to talk about and roleplay with it ICly, but you fell back on mechanical terms and playstyle again. The same attitude came up when you literally broke into the AI's private binary channel, and you didn't treat it with any degree of significance. Literally being able to break into the private communications of the omnipresent artificial intelligence should have been huge, and worthy of tonnes of reaction. Instead, it was treated as 'huh, neat' and glossed over. I prompted you in LOOC to take it more seriously, and you said, "I am".

Even stuff like upgrading machines is a facet for roleplay, that can and should be encouraged. This playstyle is hazardous because, as Cactus noted, you encourage other players to follow suit through your IC actions as well- which tears down the experience for others even while you're not there. As a head of staff, you'll be a role model, and that will only further encourage people to pursue this.

Finally, you're planning to upgrade SEVERAL of your characters here. Why? What does that add to their arcs, to their characters? It feels like you view this as another mechanical step, as evidenced by statements like "I wish to be on the whitelist as I am confident in my skills to lead and manage departments I am head of". Competency is not a reason to be a head of staff. It's another tool that should be used to promote roleplay.

 

And with that huge roast out of the way, I think you can and will massively improve. I just think you need to think about your playstyle and work to improve it. Any questions, feel free to PM me on Discord.

I will admit that I do rush R&D at round start because it generally takes 20 minutes to get it out of the way and be able to let roboticists do their job, along with the xenobiologists, seeing they need freeze rays as of late. Certain miners also utilize me for mining equipment as it does help them do their job effectively and bring back larger yields. 

However, I do plan to curb ball those who requests for circuitry and parts for certain machines like the autolathe or the circuit board printer as it does enable other players to create their own things to better themselves. Like what I do with people asking for chemicals, I ask the characters to provide me a form filled out stating why they need these things and also have heads of staff's approval before they can use the said equipment/chemicals. 

I will speak from Wayland's perspective on illegal research as he done loads of times. NSS Aurora is a research facility for NanoTrasen and is to be treated as such, and with research comes potential to delve into fields of knowledge that would be taboo or illegal in certain areas of the known universe simply because it is dangerous in the wrong hands. In order to progress with research in the known field, his goal is to get into anything in order to advance in technology and report his findings to NanoTrasen. As mention before, Wayland is a weapons developer, so he only focuses on manufacturing tools for killing and disabling the opponent. This type of field is generally frowned upon and is met with criticism. Illegal technologies such as the binary encryption key to stationbound communication and the holographic clothing/weapon kits for infiltration uses are rather dangerous if used correctly. One would be highly beneficial in Malf Rounds, while the other would be beneficial in any other game mode as people would just only glance at you and move on. But what is more tangible for Wayland is weapon modules such as the Gatling cycler and energy net modulator. Without advancing in illegal technologies and other areas, he would not be able to get these items. He is currently experimenting on these.

If they were an issue to pursue, it could be one's duty to ICly impede one's research by rejecting his requests for specific things and file incidents on him to prevent him from going down these routes as character themselves would see it can be very dangerous. Some scientists on NSS Aurora have injunction forms on them to prevent them from doing certain actions and instead of being an OOC issue, press it to be an IC issue so that I face a certain challenge.

As for upgrading machines and handing out items like experimental welding tools and nanopaste, I see these as beneficial to the station's crew and don't see the issue of handing them out. It is a scientist's role to upgrade machines around the station for better use such as the cloning pod to churn out nearly perfect clones, the robot rechargers for moderate healing and better charge. It does state so explicitly in the scientist's page. Other characters can refuse the upgrades when I ask them, or just outright tell me not to do it at all so that others can face a challenge in the roleplay. However, I cannot stop upgrading robotics general because many research directors and roboticists had made it an ingrained procedure that it is also seen fit for me to carry it on as well. 

Outside of the underlying issues and onto upgrade several characters. I am hesitant on upgrading Ryder as he can be overburdening so I will make a CMO model character instead, or not at all. ORION on the other hand, has been a pleasure to play as purely for the IPC personality I gave. It carries on a snarky in a robotic fashion and does not refer itself as he, but it or this unit. I do see ORION fit for Chief Engineer role simply because of his deep understanding of the engines and atmospherics. ORION is deeply driven by Chief Engineers before it and wants to improve itself to become one. With that being said, it would allow me to teach new engineers and improve other engineers on these fields. Heads of staff is a role of authority but also a role of being a mentor to others, and I intend to teach as well. As for Wayland Mayfly, in the perspective of NanoTrasen, they are hesitant on letting him onto Research Director since he is a new addition to the crew, however, he was a research director in the weapon development division on the Scarab Fleet and would be interested on how that can translate to NanoTrasen's expectations of a Research Director. In his perspective, he does feel like it is a downgrade from his previous position and would want to try his efforts with NanoTrasen to bring himself back up, help regulate and lead the research on NSS Aurora. 

======================================

Outside of these feedbacks, I will see to it on how to improve and also create a feedback post for each of my characters and hope to use those criticism to better regulate my characters. Thank you for taking the time to provide the honest opinions as it has been informative to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Soultheif96 said:

I will admit that I do rush R&D at round start because it generally takes 20 minutes to get it out of the way and be able to let roboticists do their job, along with the xenobiologists, seeing they need freeze rays as of late. Certain miners also utilize me for mining equipment as it does help them do their job effectively and bring back larger yields. 

That's not the issue Ornias was having. Ornias's issue is that research can't be "done" - research levels only exist mechanically, not ICly. Saying that it's "done" or calling them by "levels" breaks immersion.

3 hours ago, Soultheif96 said:

As for Wayland Mayfly, in the perspective of NanoTrasen, they are hesitant on letting him onto Research Director since he is a new addition to the crew, however, he was a research director in the weapon development division on the Scarab Fleet and would be interested on how that can translate to NanoTrasen's expectations of a Research Director. In his perspective, he does feel like it is a downgrade from his previous position and would want to try his efforts with NanoTrasen to bring himself back up, help regulate and lead the research on NSS Aurora. 

Uhh, no, sorry, that definitely wouldn't fly. While I worked with him in Research, Mayfly:

  • Broke into two secure areas without giving it much thought;
  • Focused entirely on guns and grenades, throwing one of them, knowing full well that it will render misc research entirely unusable, into the small borosillicate... thing instead of a safer place;
  • Got drunk with a co-worker at work;
  • Constantly neglected speaking TCB over the radio;
  • Basically earned the ire of an AI;
  • Constructed things like telecomms with little purpose or reason;
  • Broke into the RD's office just to get the code to spy on the AI's PDA messages;
  • Hacked an APC and an intercom;
  • Helped crack a crate that his co-worker definitely shouldn't have access to;
  • etc. etc.

That doesn't sound like someone whom NT would promote to Director, does it? I had fun with him, but he definitely wouldn't become a director at this rate. Make a different character for it.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, VTCobaltblood said:

That's not the issue Ornias was having. Ornias's issue is that research can't be "done" - research levels only exist mechanically, not ICly. Saying that it's "done" or calling them by "levels" breaks immersion.

Uhh, no, sorry, that definitely wouldn't fly. While I worked with him in Research, Mayfly:

  • Broke into two secure areas without giving it much thought;
  • Focused entirely on guns and grenades, throwing one of them, knowing full well that it will render misc research entirely unusable, into the small borosillicate... thing instead of a safer place;
  • Got drunk with a co-worker at work;
  • Constantly neglected speaking TCB over the radio;
  • Basically earned the ire of an AI;
  • Constructed things like telecomms with little purpose or reason;
  •  Broke into the RD's office just to get the code to spy on the AI's PDA messages;
  •  Hacked an APC and an intercom;
  • Helped crack a crate that his co-worker definitely shouldn't have access to;
  • etc. etc.

That doesn't sound like someone whom NT would promote to Director, does it? I had fun with him, but he definitely wouldn't become a director at this rate. Make a different character for it.

In this case, I will make a different character other than Wayland Mayfly.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

After speaking with Ornias, I have decided to not let Wayland and Ryder be elevated, however, I am going to elevate ORION. Here is how it will be done for it.

"Generally, ORION is a free Baseline IPC that was once NanoTrasen's central intelligence and some people remember the unit from before, so it understands how command works and how to make command-level decisions on the level with synthetic subordinates. ORION looks forward to elevating itself to a higher position in order to effectively lead engineering and also carry out its duties as a primary engine technician and atmospherics technician. Along with this, it can help teach those who are willing to learn from their senior engineers. NanoTrasen would be comfortable with ORION in position as they know it can operate at a command level and delegate duties to its subordinates.

I would say that ORION would suggest a more logical approach at problems and provide solutions that may be much more rational. To translate that to story telling, would be in a midst of chaos, ORION would be at the back, discerning how to best resolve the issue with command and its available assets.

As per directives of the unit, ORION would see to it that engineering is ran with optimal effectiveness while letting the organic counterparts carry on their own needs, as long as it does not conflict with work." 

Edited by Soultheif96

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, after some long consideration, we've decided to deny this application for now.

Those of us at the whitelist team hope that you will take the feedback that you have received and use it to better yourself for your future application. 

While this current application has been denied. We encourage you to create another one in the future. 
Don't let this demoralize you. Good luck!


Locking and archiving.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...