VTCobaltblood

Staff Complaint - Senpai Jackboot

2 minutes ago, VTCobaltblood said:
On 07/05/2019 at 14:27, VTCobaltblood said:

I am expecting other lore writers, current and former, to post on this as well - the entire team is involved here. 

I'm not saying they shouldn't post, just that their views aren't reflective of our compliant, seeing as Neinbox has posted a lot here.

@Mofo1995 It's why I raised this point, and this isn't about drama. If we're all honest we can come out of this better. Oversight is part of his role, but the way it seems does look somewhat negligent? Might not be the suitable word but you get my point here. A fully even spread of attention is impossible but it can stand to be more even. I feel team morale has tanked to a degree because of this as well. Coalf has spoken to me about certain issues as well. He personally felt that it was too overbearing, while the degree of what both of you feel might differ, the point I'm trying to drive is still experienced by both of you. Additionally I'm unsure if you're aware but he also felt he was unfairly scrutinized for their work, that he found it less of a hassle if others tried to push content in his stead, even if he was the one to work on it. 

@Senpai Jackboot I'm not asking you to internalize all your thoughts. I do appreciate that the projects being referred to have been canned due to push-back and/or feedback. The point I'm making in those projects is that there tends to sometimes be a lack of diversity and painted in "red". There was a proposal by you to have GAIA merge with the other parties being Workers Party and Utopia, which was cancelled yes. Then what I cited before about the Syndicalists and Populists in Tau Ceti. I'm not hounding you for the act of suggesting things, but when it comes to politics and governments, it could stand to diversify a bit more when it comes to these suggestions. We're in the future, we can try so many different things out there. Perhaps new beliefs even. 

Additionally when it comes to your comment about @Skull132 being your boss and forcing @VTCobaltblood to pick someone, I'd like to show you a brief portion of a conversation I had with Skull.

Spoiler

AboshehabYesterday at 9:34 AM

Hi, I don't want to bloat the complaint anymore. But was it mandatory that someone would be removed from the skrell team when the new deputy was hired, in that case, me?

Skull132Yesterday at 12:31 PM

Also, re your previous question. It wasn't mandatory that someone be fired. But we were and are against the idea of a species having 3 deputies.

So initially, we were against the apps being opened in the first place

@Neinbox I don't want to shift this complaint towards you but for fairness, I feel the need to say there's a level of unfairness levied towards Jackboot by you. Presently Jackboot is the Lore Master and responsible for the lore team. He's entitled to making his opinions known about your projects, so asking for commenting permissions on a doc you're writing is not something out of place. Secondly, the perception of activity plays a big role, you can be working and people can still feel you're absent. Your work has been trickling in slightly compared to before yes, but their visibility is not exactly out there compared to other teams. You could also stand to be less hostile towards them in general, I felt uncomfortable trying to imagine myself at the receiving end of some of the conversations you had with them.

2 hours ago, Aboshedab said:

@Neinbox I don't want to shift this complaint towards you but for fairness, I feel the need to say there's a level of unfairness levied towards Jackboot by you. Presently Jackboot is the Lore Master and responsible for the lore team. He's entitled to making his opinions known about your projects, so asking for commenting permissions on a doc you're writing is not something out of place. Secondly, the perception of activity plays a big role, you can be working and people can still feel you're absent. Your work has been trickling in slightly compared to before yes, but their visibility is not exactly out there compared to other teams. You could also stand to be less hostile towards them in general, I felt uncomfortable trying to imagine myself at the receiving end of some of the conversations you had with them.

I was 100% fine with him telling his opinions about my document to me in full and wanted it, but I thoroughly believe that Google Docs is *not* the place. It does not allow for actual conversation, and if someone were to try it would have led to a horrific, cluttered mess that would have been impossible to read and focus on. I've seen how Bygone's doc turned out after they posted theirs, and I balked at the chaos I saw. We ended up talking about it all on my private Discord channel which I suggested in the first place- please note that I not once said that I never said I didn't want opinions, I just didn't want them on the doc itself- which made things a thousand times easier. The only irritance to JB is perhaps copy-pasting information and switching between windows, but on the staff channel I am able to actually hold long conversations about the topic without cluttering up the document itself and highlighting the hell out of it. I'm also able to easier find things that were talked about as well, and it's overall more comfortable to read instead of the little boxes to the side. JB did was ask a *lot* of questions, all of which was needed to be answered, and Google Docs isn't the best option for those kinds of conversations whatsoever.

As for my apparent invisibility, I know it's been said before but I've been working on a large project that's been taking up quite a bit of my attention from other things such as wiki editing, as the project itself is going to include a lot of lore. I also went through a hard time and it really socially threw my groove off where I became more withdrawn and instead became more focused on the project. It was also more demanding due to it being the first for what it's for and just how big it is. It was never my intention to make people worry and I seriously didn't realize what my social withdrawal was doing as no one had come to me before with it with their complaints.

As for my behavior during this whole thing. I was in a very, very bad spot when everything started to happen between me and JB. My temper was shortened due to stress from life during this time period, but I was still doing work during my recovery. and thought that my situation was understandable especially since I've been working on such a large, radical new project. But then the constant demands for things that didn't make sense to me came along. As I became more irritated, JB in turn became the same I felt which only led to the building of negativity between the both of us.

I've been feeling that I've more or less been feeling a lot better and overall recovered and I've been feeling my inspiration start to come back, and I've been jumping on this project more as of late, wanting to finally pick up wiki editing on top of the project as well and making more requests for Dionae code (I'm so sorry PoZe). Yes, there are times where my emotions have still gotten the better of me as I start to return to normalcy, which can make me a bit heated- particularly the sensitive issue between me and Cobalt which I do want to work out since I've had more time to calm down, step back, and think on the issue, but what Mofo did here was incredibly upsetting.

With it more brought to my attention as it's hard to see what I'm doing wrong with only two people being involved, that being me and JB, it's hard for me to see that I'm being too harsh with them. I'm usually a lot better with my temper but with the way of how life has been, my ability to do so has been degraded and I've been slowly regaining control of it again. It's harder when you've taught yourself to be upset at someone because they've upset you before, And honestly, part of the reason why I like to have disagreements out in the open is so that there are others who can tell me I'm being a bit too harsh instead of either being ignorant because I feel I'm right, or figure it out too late after the fact. Which is why I appreciate complaint forms, because it's a fair and neutral place to work things out between everyone. I have people telling me that I've been a jerk, and I've taken a step back to read it all again.

It's most likely going to sound hollow or just for show at this point in time because of how much time has past and how much I've let myself believe that it was deserved with how emotional I've been lately@Senpai Jackboot, but I am sincerely sorry for being a major ass to you. I wasn't in a good place for a while and I let it affect my work/relationships here when I shouldn't have, and I let minor things get the best of me and let it build up. It's not okay and it wasn't right. It should have been done sooner, but I'll have a better grip on things now. You're not a horrible person, and it wasn't very deserving.

With emotions set aside, I do still firmly believe that you've been having difficulties yourself with your own position that need to be looked at however.

What specific actions and policies do the people involved in this complaint want to see? We a are already "looking at" my management. What do you want me to do?

I want a better manager, and I don't really think new policies suffice for this. We need a new loremaster, although I would be satisfied to still see Jackboot as the Unathi loredev. Issues just keep piling up, and the deputy situation shows that Jackboot's poor management is a recurrent pattern of behavior. New policies enforced by Jackboot honestly often seem like knee-jerk, such as the slowdown mode or kicking people out of the lore chat for aggressive behavior, which have been introduced while we were discussing Aut'akh, but never spoken of again (which faintly smells of bias?) despite kick-worthy situations occurring again. Because of this, I don't have a lot of faith in policy improvement. 

36 minutes ago, VTCobaltblood said:

deputy situation shows that Jackboot's poor management is a recurrent pattern of behavior

You share responsibility. You were extremely eager to open a deputy slot. You were told about a removal of a deputy. You chose to tell me you didnt want to discuss it further until later. You delayed me. Listening to you at face value is the issue that happened. I should have overruled you and been more firm. Which i will be.

Youre putting me in a lot of catch22s. I shouldn't overrule you but i should have overruled your deputy slot decision. You gaslit me about never having told about the possibility at all and insist i should have somehow read your mind.

I dont make new policy to respond to behavior and when i do make new policy with mofo its kneejerk and unnecessary. 

Im sorry you didnt like the slowdown. You were told it was a temporary solution to explore it as an option.  It didn't get implemented.

Kicking from the chat is still policy and now we have a full formal policy of escalation. No ones done anything kick worthy yet.

Who do you want to put in charge after firing myself and Mofo that will address all your issues, never overrule you, overrule others when you deem it necessary, and overrule you, without overruling you?

Who should skull replace me with, do you think?

Edited by Senpai Jackboot

47 minutes ago, VTCobaltblood said:

despite kick-worthy situations occurring again.

Im suprised youre using this against me when you were vocally against the policy. Why are you upset it supposedly ended?

You wanted immediate escalation to a dismissal which isnt policy then or now.

Screenshot_20190513-154714_Discord.jpg

1 minute ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

. You were extremely eager to open a deputy slot.

You allowed me to do so and approved it personally despite knowing that it breaks a rule.

You were told about a removal of a deputy.

You told me it's "preference". There was precedent for three deputies, so I considered it a soft preference that will not cause me to lose a deputy. There was no indication that the precedent is invalid because the rule is new.

2 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

You chose to tell me you didnt want to discuss it further until later.

We discussed it. You asked me about the activity of my deputies a day before your decision. I replied saying that it's satisfactory. Despite that, you went on to remove my deputy even though Skull and Alberyk both say you did not have to.

We've been over this several times already in this thread and I always have the same responses. I have told you I want a headmin/headdev to sort this out - that's why it's a staff complaint. Stop bringing this up because my responses will be the same, and yours will be too.

5 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

I dont make new policy to respond to behavior and when i do make new policy with mofo its kneejerk and unnecessary. 

I'm not saying policy is unnecessary. I'm saying that policy feels like kneejerk because it's created to respond to a specific case and is then never brought again.

7 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

Kicking from the chat is still policy

It wasn't ever enforced since the initial two cases. There were some cases which would logically invoke it, like the recent Kyres-Bygone thing that quickly turned the chat very aggressive. Despite me being one of the main offenders in that discussion, I wasn't kicked or even given a talking-to. I presume you had a talk with Bygone because of a suddenly and abruptly posted apology later, while you could have, and according to your policy, should have kicked him. Paradox did milder things than what happened that night and got kicked. 

13 minutes ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

Who do you want to put in charge after firing myself and Mofo that will address all your issues, never overrule you, overrule others when you deem it necessary, and overrule you? 

Who should skull replace me with, do you think?

That's all up to Skull to decide. 

Why are you upset it supposedly ended?

I am not upset. It is an example of your policies going unenforced. 

1 hour ago, VTCobaltblood said:

Despite that, you went on to remove my deputy even though Skull and Alberyk both say you did not have to.

Incorrect. I asked skull if there was a metric to make an exception. He said there was not. He was annoyed a third deputy was hired and i asked if we could keep all three. He did not outline an alternative and there was no alternative. Weve never, for example, moved someone to a new team to stay under a cap. You can go from a maintainer to a dev (sleepy) but you cant really go lower from a deputy. So it was a remove to remain unless i made up a whole new policy on the fly.

You made a lot of assumptions about my intent and want me to clearly read your own assumptions.

The issues of several complaint makers has been addressed.

I am finishing a tajara collab and will not work with or on tajara unless asked.

We have a policy of punishment and escalation and schedule rehabilitation already in use on several devs.

I am going to dedicate my time to vaurca and skrell as well as unathi.

I will overrule devs where indicated in this chat, as i already do, because sometimes you have to pick between two options. Ie i had to overrule the human devs on frost or overrule the people who didnt want frost.

Communication will be more clear. You will not be allowed to ever open an app for more than 2 deputies nor will anyone else.

Is there anything anyone wants to see?

As for it being up to skull... demanding to remove someone in charge after 3 years of their design philosophy being the philosophy of the department should have more thought than a passing of the buck. Ive always considered who'd replace me when i retire. Thats why there is a deputy loremaster, but you want him gone too.

1 hour ago, Senpai Jackboot said:

Incorrect. I asked skull if there was a metric to make an exception. He said there was not. He was annoyed a third deputy was hired and i asked if we could keep all three. He did not outline an alternative and there was no alternative. Weve never, for example, moved someone to a new team to stay under a cap. You can go from a maintainer to a dev (sleepy) but you cant really go lower from a deputy. So it was a remove to remain unless i made up a whole new policy on the fly.

You made a lot of assumptions about my intent and want me to clearly read your own assumptions.

For the sake of clarity and future reference. You could have indeed transitioned Nursie to another task, something which was actually even discussed once during the initial discussion I think? How the mandate of 2 deputies per team was achieved was largely irrelevant, though suppose I did not explicitly mention that you had alternatives. Mostly because my patience on the issue was done.

Skull said that in this very thread, actually! He very specifically mentioned that it was discussed. An alternative was VERY CLEARLY outlined and it was even brought up later in this thread, then denied by you. You accused VT of lying about such, or made assumptions that they did, and then accused VT of making assumptions about YOU.

On 10/05/2019 at 13:57, Senpai Jackboot said:

On 10/05/2019 at 00:29, SleepyWolf said:

I also agree JB puts a lot of his own politics into things

Can you describe how?

I can, yes. The obvious parallels between Frost and Thorn and certain current political figures, ATLAS being an alt-right parallel (which isn't entirely Jackboot's fault as that originated with Tytos, but also allowing the Biesel division of ATLAS to be called the Biesel Storm Division was a really bad move as it already had neo-nazi associations; it is Jackboot's job as loremaster to override these decisions when necessary, such as when a pseudo-fascist party is essentially named after the Nazi SA, or Sturmabteilung, which literally means Storm Division/Storm Department/Storm Detachment.)

The planned union arc seemed incredibly hamfisted, as did the depression arc, and I had to go ham running damage control and proposing new mechanics to offset the crippling blow it would have dealt to the station. There's the Tajara lore article that is a clear reference to Stalin's twenty minute clap, as well, and numerous other clear Soviet Union parallels. Not just facetious references, but full-blown blatant parallels. The Zhan, commonly farmers and peasants, are being oppressed by a communist government; this is a clear parallel of the Red Terror's persecution of supposed kulaks, and I'm frankly surprised Jackboot didn't call the persecution of the Zhan-Khazan the Black Terror or something like that.

Also, the handling of the end of the murder mystery arc was awful. I loved the arc, as I've said many, many times, and was a major player in it. However, everything that happened with Halstere, the mistrial, the SHOOTING, and then the fact that Halstere didn't receive any consequences was awful. That entire over-the-top attack with Halstere should have been made non-canon, since it was an admin ruling after all and not something Jackboot could have prevented in-round. It destroyed the efforts made by all of the players in the arc, our interactions with other players, the investigations, the in-round mini-events, and so on. While other people have brought this up this one is very personal to me.

This goes for my next complaint, too. The handling of maintainer apps, specifically Cake's. Cake was already rather inactive, and had pre-existing lore team obligations. Rather than scrutinizing Cake's application more HEAVILY, as would be reasonable and expected, the application was marked redundant and Jackboot said "You're already a loredev, you goof. You don't need to apply to work on another department, just ask and be persuasive!" This treatment has never, to my knowledge, been extended to anyone else. This directly supports the complaints of favoritism brought up by others; I've seen no one else besides Jackboot and Mofo hold multiple lore team positions at once, and even then those are already special cases involving upper management roles which can be done mostly without interfering with their primary obligations.

Additionally, there is the matter of encouraging people to "retire". This happened not only with me, in which Jackboot repeatedly alluded to my resignation (which I had no plans to do at the time) in PMs. I was actually becoming more active and was even writing lore for drones (anyone from synth lore who reads this, please do not add this lore now without my express permission, by the way) that I was going to add when Jackboot PM'd me and once again tried to encourage me to resign. Regrettably, I decided to finally "take the hint" and resign. According to at least one other loredev, this was also attempted on them, and others were threatened. There's also the euphemistic approach to this, like saying that Nursie was "devoting her time fully to mod," which is really screwed up. There's also the announcement of my "deciding to retire" when I was in fact pressured into it, which was only amended after very frankly saying that it was fucked up to do something like that. This doesn't appear to be an isolated incident according to several people.

In addition to the favoritism of players, there's also the micromanaging of certain species like Tajara, which has already been addressed by others. However, to show the other side of this, he staunchly refused to join the synth lore chat; while my phrasing of the request was tongue-in-cheek as part of a joke/dare it was very much a serious request, and it seems odd that he'd refuse to join a chat specifically dedicated to planning and organizing synth lore.

Additionally, his behavior to lots of would-be contributors is rather hostile, as mentioned by many including former contributors. In fact, it was the entire reason several people, for example Coalf, even joined the lore team to begin with; their suggestions were flippantly discarded with "well you should apply if you feel so strongly", when supposedly we're open to player contributions and being a member of the lore team isn't necessary to write and submit lore. The lore canonization applications forum has been dreadfully inactive and many accepted or quasi-accepted applications have been outright left to rot.

This wide collection of systematic issues displays not just an issue with how lore has been handled, but with Jackboot's character in a position of power, period. I would suggest a vote of no-confidence by the lore staff only to determine if he is fit to remain as loremaster.

This vote of no-confidence would preferably be held in a system that can't be gamed. That rules out Discord emoji votes (as mods can remove reactions to a post), strawpolls (easy to game with proxies/tor), and in-game votes (alt accounts). I also have reservations about a forum vote as people with database/server access could fudge it, but I have a reasonable enough level of trust in Arrow/Skull to not do that.

In the event the vote succeeds, Jackboot would be dismissed from loremaster only. He would remain a unathi maintainer as I don't believe I've seen any complaints regarding his work for unathi, and as several of the people in this complaint have even said, he is a capable writer... for Unathi. I'm a huge fan of his work for them, even. But for things like human lore or overarching plots, I have doubts about his capabilities, which hopefully this vote would resolve; if a majority of lore team members have faith in his capabilities as a manager, he remains, but if they don't, he's replaced.

His replacement would probably be Mofo, though as he is already the CCIA leader the administrators may have an issue with that. He could either choose to remain the CCIA leader or abdicate his position and become the loremaster. In the event Mofo chooses not to become the new loremaster I presume Skull or Alberyk or someone like that would pick a suitable replacement. In fact, it may be easier to simply do that from the start to avoid any issues cropping up with people having complaints about Mofo's management as well.

As an aside, I'd also like to suggest making the lore canonization forum like the developer suggestions forum. A loredev/loredevs or deputies can vote to reject it or they can take it on as a project and make it canon, without needing loremaster oversight for each and every thing. Anyone who takes one on as a project would be expected to integrate it into the universe as a whole and not leave it as an isolated bubble.

While I'm on a roll, making lore staff have some sort of light permissions on the server, like build mode or VV or something, would be really useful to reduce the workload of running events. I'm sure Alb would be onboard with doing this or giving select lore staff members an event manager role, since Alberyk is effectively the only admin willing to run canon events anymore.

Theres a lot to unpack with your post. 

Skull did not explicitly outline alternative options for keeping three deputies. I asked if there was a metric by which to keep three deputies. He said no.

This was in the chat with myself, skull, arrow, alb, and garn.

If nursie was a maintainer she would be able to move down to deputy like sleepywolf did but you can't step down from a deputy. Skull was highly annoyed the slots were opened in the first plaxe. This I understand. As i have said multiple times

5 hours ago, MoondancerPony said:

Additionally, there is the matter of encouraging people to "retire".

If its not for behavioral issues I didn't like saying they're dismissed because of the negative connotations. Being talked into a retirement was trying to avoid people thinking there was bad behavior. I get awkward about it because its my least favorite thing to do, and I was over eager to find alternatives and it made me a flighty push over. It wasnt appreciated so no ones going to be asked to retire anymore. You're dismissed if you don't retire of your own volition. Its been a mistake to put so much worry into the feelings of people getting dismissed. Dont worry about that.

The obvious parallels between Frost and Thorn and certain current political figures

Are you accusing me of being alt right?? wtf.

Frost and Thorne are populists. Draw whatever parallels you want. Thats the great thing about art. I loosely draw from huey long and caesar, honestly, but the authors intent is usually irrelevant when its being interpreted.

You're already a loredev, you goof. You don't need to apply to work on another department, just ask and be persuasive!" This treatment has never, to my knowledge, been extended to anyone else.

Because it was a mistake. You need to apply now.

The planned union arc seemed incredibly hamfisted, as did the depression arc, and I had to go ham running damage control

Thats why they were cancelled. Irrelevant. Don't drag me for bad ideas that aren't implemented.

There's the Tajara lore article that is a clear reference to Stalin's twenty minute clap,

Did you see the hidden link? :) the article was ham intentionally to avoid the censors.

Zhan, commonly farmers and peasants, are being oppressed by a communist government

Thats been a thing since 2016... im responsible for them calming them down... if youre still unhappy talk to mofo and make a complaint on them instead. Im not touching tajara after I conclude the on-going projects I started with them.

he staunchly refused to join the synth lore chat;

I don't want to. I'm in chats where the devs are avoiding spoiling major plot arcs. Right now thats tajara. It used to be others. I leave chats to clear clutter. Talk to me in the lore chat or dms. Ill join if you have big secrets. Otherwise its redundant. Ive given an entire year to developing lore and events revolving around synths. Now their maintainer is extrodinarily active and capable and experimental. Dont accuse me of neglecting them.

Also it's super funny to me that "he staunchly refused" is being used as if I aggressively and firmly rejected your offer, when it was me politely declining.

This vote of no-confidence would preferably be held in a system

Absolutely never. Popularity contests will be the death of this team. My bosses are Skull132 and Arrow.  This hierarchy will remain.

and then the fact that Halstere didn't receive any consequences

He's in prison for life. Or dead. I dont remember. The character is permanently retired. Do you mean the player?

As an aside, I'd also like to suggest making the lore canonization forum like the developer suggestions forum. A loredev/loredevs or deputies can vote to reject it or they can take it on as a project and make it canon, without needing loremaster oversight for each and every thing.

Rejected. All you need to do is ping me. The process is already slow unless I hold your hand and I'm not interested in doing that. Trying to arrange votes would kill the already slow process.

The lore canonization applications forum has been dreadfully inactive and many accepted or quasi-accepted applications have been outright left to rot.

I ask and ask and ask. Im not doing it all myself. I might just give wiki devs the power to upload accepted apps. Or give someone unilateral power...

His replacement would probably be Mofo, though as he is already the CCIA leader the administrators may have an issue with that.

I really appreciate your thought put into it. You have a game plan.

Biesel Storm Division

Speak to Zundy. Or join the counter movement that burned down the ATLAS headquarters in mendell city.

15 hours ago, MoondancerPony said:

His replacement would probably be Mofo, though as he is already the CCIA leader the administrators may have an issue with that. He could either choose to remain the CCIA leader or abdicate his position and become the loremaster. In the event Mofo chooses not to become the new loremaster I presume Skull or Alberyk or someone like that would pick a suitable replacement. In fact, it may be easier to simply do that from the start to avoid any issues cropping up with people having complaints about Mofo's management as well.

I just wanna be clear, from the moment I ascended to CCIABS, my game plan has been to select from among the agents someone who would replace me to step back down to agent so that I wouldn't be running one team and deputy running another team. I had an agent in mind, and told the other heads the agent I wanted as well, when this first started and by now that agent has been crystallized as who I will choose to be the next CCIABS. I have held onto head CCIA for as long as I have because I felt it was changing hands too often with Elliot's short tenure, and I wanted to return some stability to the bureau. I think one look at the IR forum shows, however, that I'm not as capable as my predecessors Whiterabit and Synnono, and that the task of CCIA and Lore at the same time is a bit too much for me to handle, as I often feel I'm being constantly bombarded with both lore concerns and bureau concerns at the same time and its difficult to balance.  

But also I am looking for some clarity, namely, am I also a subject of this complaint? Glancing through the thread, my name is brought up by Jackboot in majority of times it has appeared. Many big level decisions were run through me before implementation, such as the kicking people from lore writers temporarily when arguments get too fierce, implementing slow mode in lore writers, and hiring abo as deputy were approved by me. There are more but those three are the ones I remember. The kicking thing came at at time when lore writers felt like a war zone. I haven't done anything in the way of kicking others or enforcing it because I felt it was out of my line as just the deputy. I had high hopes for slowmode killing spaghetti posting, or at least, posts where people make a series of posts that are either one word or sentence at a time instead of one coherent post. And as I stated earlier in the thread, I had not remembered that there were already two skrell deputies, and was ecstatic about bringing abo on board. Of course, not all his decisions were done with my approval, such as removing Nursie. The new probation system is sort of a hybrid where he implemented it while I was asleep, and afterwards I woke up and told him I thought it was a good idea. There were also other decisions he did not proceed with because I advised against them though. I can't think of any time at the top of my head where he proceeded with something as loremaster that I told him not to during my tenure as deputy.

17 hours ago, MoondancerPony said:

Also, the handling of the end of the murder mystery arc was awful. I loved the arc, as I've said many, many times, and was a major player in it. However, everything that happened with Halstere, the mistrial, the SHOOTING, and then the fact that Halstere didn't receive any consequences was awful. That entire over-the-top attack with Halstere should have been made non-canon, since it was an admin ruling after all and not something Jackboot could have prevented in-round. It destroyed the efforts made by all of the players in the arc, our interactions with other players, the investigations, the in-round mini-events, and so on. While other people have brought this up this one is very personal to me.

hey, my character was permanently imprisoned for life after that and i have since then stopped playing for the most part. jackboot had nothing to do with this decision, and it's not appropriate for the complaint, he did the best he could given the circumstances forced upon him. had to play the cards given as a lore master.