[Denied] TheAbsoluteMadMan - HOS Application

BYOND key:TheAbsoluteMadMan

Character names:Martin Braun

How long have you been playing on Aurora?

About six months?

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?

I wish to be on the whitelist so I can facilitate an optimal environment for the server and it's players, and assist new security players.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

While I do enjoy the chaos of low-med RP, there are a lot of elements missing, and HighRP provides what low-med RP lacks.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: 

Yes, I have read the forum. My character sheet reflects the qualifications to be appointed to the position.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

Two warnings, "Fairly minor" is how'd I'd rate them.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is all about the character, and their choices. The who, the what, why. You create your character with those questions in mind, and it will practically write its self.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

To be a leader and facilitate a healthy relationship with all your fellow players. You ensure that your department acts accordingly to the standards set by their peers and the staff. Command staff also can make, or break the game for new players, or new individuals in a department, as your conduct will either capture their attention, and want them to come back for more, or make them leave.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

whitelisted Individuals are there to set an example for new, and old players alike. With a good grasp of roleplay, and the mechanics of their department, with a knowledge of rules and the regulations that come with the department. Individuals in command are in a great position to assist new players through IC, or LOOC. 

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

Originally hailing from Sol, their core loyalties and family remain in the Sol Alliance. 

Due to their employment at Nanotrasen, they moved to Tau Ceti for convenience of travel.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Head of Security, Security Officer, and Warden - for Martin Braun's Character.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Martin Braun - Head of Security.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

I'd rate my roleplay at a solid seven or eight, even with a decade of playing this game, there is always new things to improve on, and old things to reflect on, and fix or change.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles? 

Yes

Extra notes:

I understand my application was rather thin on the verbiage, I often lack the words to convey myself properly, especially when constrained to a format. If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Thanks for reading folks.

You may want to re-do the formatting, since the entire post shouldn't be in bold.

I'd also suggest you get a bit more active in the forums, making a Command whitelist (you can't apply for a single Head of Staff position, just the entire Command whitelist itself) as your very first post is not suggested.

Please go ahead and fix your format, removing the bold from the answers and fixing up the spaces between the lines. Remember that in order to move into a trial, you need to gather the community's feedback. For that, you are allowed to post your application once per round on the OOC channel. We'll re-review this application in about a week. If the feedback is not enough, it will be denied.

TheAbsoluteMadLad's a cool guy. I enjoy playing with him, and against him! As Braun he's taught me much about Sec, and been fun to RP with. As antagonist he really prioritizes on telling a story over winning the round.

Martin Braun has served as Interim HoS a couple times, and did a great job coordinating Sec each time I was present to witness.

That's why I think you should whitelist him. I'm surprised he hadn't been already.

+1

I don't know much about the player OOCly, but I can confirm they do some pretty decent RP and they hold a Command position well. I've placed Braun as my Interim a few times and I've never really been disappointed.

The player can lead a department, and help push the rounds narrative.

You should ghost some time and just watch him RP Braun when Braun gets injured. It's some pretty legit stuff.

So here's the thing.

I like Braun, he's hot-headed, passionate, and a good security officer. Roleplaying with him is great, dealing with him in game is great. Would NanoTrasen ever give Martin Braun a promotion. EHHHHHHHHHH.....

The man is hot headed and is liable and did do things that were unfitting as someone within the position of command. People are expensive, Equipment is expensive, it is easier to replace equipment than people. I don't actually believe that NanoTrasen would promote Martin Braun due to his tendency to vainglory when antagonized and provoked. When that doesn't occur though he's solid, keeps people organized and cares about the lives of his department and others, just not his own.

A loyalty implant would probably fix that in him but would Central Command want a man who would self-sacrifice? If I was on the promotion board I would take that as a risk not a benefit.

All the same:

+1

Roleplay quality is great, don't know if Braun would be a good Chief of Security ICly but I know TheAbsoluteMadMan has the ability to be in command.

Just finished up an antag round with Braun as a vampire, and his roleplay was pretty goddamn fantastic. He went loud but kept it HRP, which can be hard to do, and his weird creepy dominating "gonna suck your blood idiot" RP was genuinely intimidating and incredibly immersive. Easy +1, assuming that level of atmosphere building can carry over into normal rounds (which I see no reason why it wouldn't)

Hello.

We've decided to grant you a trial that will last for a week. It will be starting today 23/MAY/2019 and will last until the 30/MAY/2019, including it. Please continue to gather feedback and advertise your application through this important phase, or you might face denial once it ends.

Have fun.

You've begun playing a Captain, which is your HoS, but with a different name. I presume this was in response to the request that you not play your HoS as a Captain after such a brief period of being a HoS since that would mean an IC promotion from Officer/Warden to HoS to Captain in under a week. I'm not sure how or why that'd be okay, but it doesn't tell me anything good about how you perceive the game. Other than that, your behavior as HoS has been alright. I wouldn't say it was exceptional, as I have seen you spend a fair bit of time armed and ready for action, rather than focusing on administrative duties, all the while there being a full or nearly full roster of Officers. My suggestion would be to refocus, and coordinate the team,oversee them, rather than do any actual fighting yourself. Frankly, though, I cannot put my support behind someone who is willing to make a second character which is the same as their first, just to play a role they were told they ought to not until a reasonable amount of time passed.

After several points raised by the server's administration during the trial, and an error during the processing of the initial application, moving forward into trial when it should had not due to a few factors, this application is being denied.

You are free to contact me for any questions in regards to this. You are also free to reapply if you so desire at any time.