TheOrleans

Command Whitelist APP - TheOrleans

5 hours ago, Mogelix said:

He gets suspended on a round by round basis. The only reason he doesn't get Incident Reports is because no one can really bother, too much of a headache, crossing their fingers OOC action will be taken, or that you'll maybe start playing cadet.

You should check the differences between IC and OOC more often!

I'd also like to say that I don't think Nick is a 3d character or a reasonable asshole. He's more of a clown, cartwheeling in and saying what he pleases, doing whatever he feels like, then shouting over comms when he is punished.

This is your opinion, I respect it, others here (people who roleplayed like, a lot more than you probably have with Nick) said the opposite.

You have admitted that around 2/3 of your time spent in-game is as Nick. That leaves some pretty thin time slots to play three other characters, which now, one may become Head of Personnel, despite you admittedly, rarely playing them.

I mean, you're even allowed to create a totally new character to play it as Command, playing a character daily is not a requirement for him to become Command.

There's also, nothing stopping you from taking any position you please. You say you won't instantly give Nick HoS, but with a all of command whitelist, who's to say how long you'll play your new bob mcfriendly HoS and HoP, and start rushing to get a half-arsed IC reason to have Nick play HoS.

One thing is to say Nick's an asshole and whatever you want. A very much different thing is to call me a liar. I said what I said, and what you're saying now shows a total lack of respect. If had an urge to play HoS, I would have deleted Nick, made a typical friendly officer, play half a month daily, interacting with as many people as I could in a friendly way to get their +1 and cya folks. I accept all the hate you want to throw at Nick, but when talking to me as a player, please, control yourself. Thank you.

3 hours ago, TheOrleans said:

You should check the differences between IC and OOC more often!

Alright, OOCly, it'd be a headache to deal with Nick. ICly, it'd be a headache to deal with Nick. I ICly dislike Nick for being a asshole. I OOCly dislike Nick for being a 2D Asshole character. The IC and OOC is seperate yet exactly the same.

One thing is to say Nick's an asshole and whatever you want. A very much different thing is to call me a liar. I said what I said, and what you're saying now shows a total lack of respect. If had an urge to play HoS, I would have deleted Nick, made a typical friendly officer, play half a month daily, interacting with as many people as I could in a friendly way to get their +1 and cya folks. I accept all the hate you want to throw at Nick, but when talking to me as a player, please, control yourself. Thank you.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying, that's the kind of shit people do, they compromise the cohesion and quality of the RP to play their fantasy command staff. It's why we have applications, to OOCly screen people before they go around being big important boys on the station, and yet despite that we still have some pretty low effort command players. 

I mean, you're even allowed to create a totally new character to play it as Command, playing a character daily is not a requirement for him to become Command.

That's not the context. We're discussing character  and RP quality. If you have sparse time to play a character, it's hard for others to define their quality of RP due to lack of experience with them. With the time I've spent with Nick, I don't like how his character is designed and is RPed. With him in my head as the primary example for your RP, I can't help but think that you shouldn't be command.

This is your opinion, I respect it, others here (people who roleplayed like, a lot more than you probably have with Nick) said the opposite.

Okay, thanks.

Let's just drop this. I'm going to keep the Minus One cause it's my dead-set opinion. Arguing with me is mostly just annoying the moderator who's going through this crap RN, although it's always good to honestly state your opinion.

Edited by Mogelix

6 hours ago, Mogelix said:

Alright, OOCly, it'd be a headache to deal with Nick. ICly, it'd be a headache to deal with Nick. I ICly dislike Nick for being a asshole. I OOCly dislike Nick for being a 2D Asshole character. The IC and OOC is seperate yet exactly the same.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying, that's the kind of shit people do, they compromise the cohesion and quality of the RP to play their fantasy command staff. It's why we have applications, to OOCly screen people before they go around being big important boys on the station, and yet despite that we still have some pretty low effort command players. 

That's not the context. We're discussing character  and RP quality. If you have sparse time to play a character, it's hard for others to define their quality of RP due to lack of experience with them. With the time I've spent with Nick, I don't like how his character is designed and is RPed. With him in my head as the primary example for your RP, I can't help but think that you shouldn't be command.

Okay, thanks.

Let's just drop this. I'm going to keep the Minus One cause it's my dead-set opinion. Arguing with me is mostly just annoying the moderator who's going through this crap RN, although it's always good to honestly state your opinion.

I mean, I'm ''arguing'' (I prefer discussing) with you, not to make you change your -1 to +1, that was never my idea. I'm speaking with you to gather feedback, as much as I can. The idea of this app was to gather feedback, since I was like 90% sure I wasn't going to get through it! I don't think this is annoying for the moderator, in this case Juani, he volunteered for this job, don't think he's annoyed *shrug*

By what I've seen of your characters, Volvolaad and Kotchal- the Detective one- you are not someone I want to see as a whitelisted Head player.

4 minutes ago, AmoryBlaine said:

By what I've seen of your characters, Volvolaad and Kotchal- the Detective one- you are not someone I want to see as a whitelisted Head player.

If you developed a bit more it would be useful for me to learn or to understand it! Thanks.

From what little I've seen/interacted with Volvalaad, you seem to have either quite poor understanding of the lore, little care for it or perhaps both, a rather bad thing for a Head. -1

3 hours ago, stev said:

From what little I've seen/interacted with Volvalaad, you seem to have either quite poor understanding of the lore, little care for it or perhaps both, a rather bad thing for a Head. -1

If you're talking about the Dominian LORE, I would say I'm probably one of the persons who know it better. However, Volvalaad has a 7 months development as character, and you probably lack a lot of knowledge about him.