[Accepted]KingOfThePing's CCIA Application: Joining the Paperpushers

CCIA Staff Application

Basic Information

Byond key: KingOfThePing

Character names: wesdrfgf.png.03e5b203f6068628f31c1f3c9e0e3992.png

I am probably best known for Julienne and Sei, the rest are also sometimes played but I intend to reduce their playtime drastically to return to Sei way more often. The crossed out characters have either not been played at all, not played anymore and one is a joke character (in appearance) I also only rarely play.

Timezone: Central European Time UTC +1/Central European Summer Time UTST +2

What times are you most available?: Afternoons. Weekends more. Currently more in general because I am almost done with uni and have quite some free time. It might get less in October/January.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: I have started five years ago, with my old ckey. But back then it was on/off, sometimes not playing for weeks and months.

How long have you played on Aurora?: On Aurora three years, I think, maybe a bit longer with this ckey. A tiny bit with my old ckey, which I will never disclose it's name here, but that playtime is negligible.

How active on the forums, discord and/or server are you? I used to be not active on the forums at all (took me over a year of playing to register) but lately I am lurking more, usually when I'm playing I have them open in a tab on the second monitor. Discord I am very active, not always on the Aurora Discord but when I play I'm on Discord, too.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No, I can behave myself. I have very, very, very few notes. The most serious thing I did was misinterpreting laws as an AI. I have never ever recieved a legitimate player or character complaint. There have been two group complaints I have been in but in one I was deemed innocent and in the other one I will be deemed innocent of doing anything wrong.

Have you ever volunteered as moderation staff for any other servers, SS13 or otherwise?: No

Do you have any other experience that you believe would be relevant to a position in the CCIA?: I pretty much write reports and papers (not only in german but english) for a living. That will be useful, I guess.

Personality

Why do you want to join the CCIA?: CCIA can greatly drive the story of a round in many ways. I am always happy when the magnitude of faxes, situation reports, etc. get answered. The fact that people can be influenced by canon investigations and even punishments can make and drive a character forwards. I've seen quite some people change how their character behaves due to CCIA actions. It can also drive RP between the crew and that is always a good thing.

What do you think are the most important qualities for a CCIA Agent to possess?: The most important thing is to stay unbiased, when reviewing IRs and be as accurate as possible, when investigating one. It's expected of you to not prefer any player over another, based on OOC or IC interactions in the past. Some people cannot put a strict divide between IC and OOC, which is problematic as an agent.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is in an ongoing round?: As I outlined above, driving the story, answering the sent faxes and situation reports.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is outside of the server?: Outside of the server it's crucial to sort out any posted IRs in the forums. Nothing is more frustrating when you submit one and it does not get handled or concluded within a reasonable timeframe. That's something the players expect and that should be met.

How do you handle stress?: I have graduated in a natural science (biology, more specific molecular plant physiology, with my thesis being in electroanalysis at the biophysics institute of my uni, for anyone who cares) and work in a lab. This can be much hell, with deadlines, experiments going wrong and generally tight schedules. And I am still alive and have not gone insane. So I guess I can handle stress relatively well.

How well do you work autonomously?: Again, in a scientific/research field of work autonomously working is required and expected. I practically work without a direct supervisor and plan/execute my days at uni or at my institute alone. I say I am very capable of working on my own.

Additional Notes: yikes

Edited by The lancer
what are formats xd