Kira Ta'za
Toza Lee
Hans Kraus
Chloe Shultz
Viva Elsaka

Species you are applying to play: Vaurca

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: green

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: ye 

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: Been recommended by friends and the lore dev themselves to try them out. They seem fun and interesting as most of my interactions with other vaurca have been pretty entertaining. I want to be able to do that for other people as well and have a little fun experimenting with their play-style.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Vaurca tend to be broken up into Hives/factions, cells, workers and soliders (as far as non-event choices are concerned). Vaurca have likely the most radically different alien physiology not including dionae. Surgery, diet, and post-mortem tasks are all unique to them. Their bound forms have less humanity than an IPC, working off a set of laws and doing things all in the interest in the hive, with little to no will of their own. Unbounds however, break the mold, still working in the interested of their hive or cell, but have attained more intellect and sentience. They appear much more docile and lack a sense of competition when compared to humanity. Bound vaurca can be hard to make unique because of their lack of personality, but there is still a sense of RP to be had in being that obedient drone.

Character Name: Ka'Akaix'Tzu K'lax

Please provide a short backstory for this character Tzu hails from the K'lax hive, Leto brood, designate to be one of the unbound workers for their cell. Durring and after their VR upbringing, they showed interest in the cultivation and processing of Kois. To them, it seemed like a massive waste to let such an abundant and resilient food source go untapped by the other races. Being able to supply the system with a source of cheap, plentiful food seemed to good to be true, as other species cannot digest phoron safely and risk mycosis. Tzu began pouring their time into study on botany, genetics, and selective breeding. Their goal was to develop the ultimate food source. An inert Kois that could be safely consumed while retaining its amazing resilience. This could be patented and sold on the behalf of the hive and fill their coffers greatly.

They could see it now, space hunger ended and shed a new light on their hive, perhaps even overcoming the vast wealth of the C'thur. After thorough research they came aboard the aurora, taking on as an assistant to observe and get hands-on experience handling horticulture and gene manipulation. Their time in the labs were fruitful, gaining the knowledge needed to achieve their goal as well as the side effect of creating an odd assortment of hybrid fruits for the crew to enjoy. They are currently awaiting the notarization of their avowel to take on the full responsibility of a Xenobotanist and preform their line of kois experiments.

What do you like about this character? They have a clear and defined goal that I can keep in mind whilst playing that would directly benefit their hive, as well as put some use to one of the least appreciated science occupations.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? 6-7/10

Notes: Not wholly sure if I need to do an Avowel in game or if it can be considered part of my history at round start.

From your story, I can definitely like your character concept. It feels like you are working well on your way to making this character your own. From your backstory, you mentioned yourself being from Leto's brood. What traits do you think are consistent among her brood?

5 minutes ago, Bygonehero said:

From your story, I can definitely like your character concept. It feels like you are working well on your way to making this character your own. From your backstory, you mentioned yourself being from Leto's brood. What traits do you think are consistent among her brood?

Being the main agricultural mode for their brood, I figured it was fitting. They like to hold the past against themselves and other people, using it as a bar for what things should be like. Sort of like "back in my day" but to an extreme, seeing things in the light of their "glory days" as well as sharing a fascination with ancient alien races, due to their perceived tampering of the species by some ancient being. Perhaps making this (honestly disgusting) food source available to the general population is just one way they could honor those old days by making people more like vaurca.

• Bygonehero changed the title to [ACCEPTED]GlitterGuts termite simulation waiver
  • Bygonehero locked this topic