Sign in to follow this  
Arrow768

Ghost Roles

I am currently working on adding ghost roles and ghost spawners.
The ghost spawner menu will replace the "Spawn Rat" and "Join as Drone" ghost command, as well as various staff spawners.

The goal is to provide a single, relatively easy to expand system which can be used to add ghost roles.

If you have any ideas for or questions about those roles, reply below.

https://github.com/Aurorastation/Aurora.3/pull/6706

Posted (edited)

Will this system encompass human/silicon mobs in all flavours, with being able to spawn them in specific outfits?

Edited by ferner

25 minutes ago, ferner said:

Will this system encompass human/silicon mobs in all flavours, with being able to spawn them in specific outfits?

Humans definitely.
Silicons should be possible aswell.

1 minute ago, Datamatt said:

will derelict survivors ever happen?

Quite Possible

Will ERT/TCFL also be moved to this system, and if so will this mean people will finally know which they're signing up as before committing to joining?

ERT / TCFL will be moved to that system aswell, but I am not sure how "verbose" the menu will be when telling you what it is you are signing up for.
(i.e. if its just Response Team or the actual name of the team)

Alright, thank you for answering. 
What about other ghost traps, such as Positronic brains and Nymphs? Will they work mostly the same as now on the basis that they aren't something you select via verb?

I havnt looked into those yet.
It might be interesting to replace them aswell, so there´s one system that lists all the roles available

2 hours ago, Arrow768 said:

I havnt looked into those yet.
It might be interesting to replace them aswell, so there´s one system that lists all the roles available

Will maint drones still be a thing

I had an idea for a potential ghost role, something that the merchant can summon if they want to, like a guard, assisting merchant, or perhaps a pet?
I've seen them be adminbussed in before, and the merchant job can get lonesome at times.