[Accepted] Dionae Whitelist Application By: Fortelian

BYOND KEY: Fortelian

Character Names: Rodrigo Langston

Species you are applying to play: Dionae

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Exempt

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Yes

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race: I wish to play as a Dionae cyclops because of a few reasons. One thing about Dionae is that the cyclops is actually made up of multiple organisms and I think that this would be a very interesting race to play as. Another is that I do not often see Dionae on Aurora, so I thought that it was high time we got one. I only have one character and this is the first whitelist I am applying for because I want to add another character to my roster. Dionae are very interesting and very unique compared to all other species and I find this makes them very -being honest- cool. The lore for Dionae enables are a broad spectrum to play as a Dionae, from a gardener trying to grow more of its kind to a librarian holding onto the knowledge of the station and many more.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Well, Dionae are very different from humans for one thing. Cyclops Dionaea are made up of multiple beings as aforementioned meaning that you will be very different than a human just in that standard alone. Another thing that sets Dionae apart is that they feed off radiation, such as standing near the supermatter without safety gear, to feed off its radiation - a feat that would land humans in the hospital - and heal from it. As well as being made up of multiple nymphs and feeding off radiation, Dioane do not have a gender. Another fun thing, back on the topic of multiple nymphs, is that younger nymphs who merge might refer to themselves as "we" instead of "I" however they generally learn to refer to themselves as one, so as to not confuse others. Overall it would be a different perspective to be a dionae as opposed to a human, saying "We say hello" whereas a human would simply say "Hello".

Character Name: Kept as One

Please provide a short backstory for this character: Kept as One was grown on the Odin in the residential sector by a group of friends. They wanted a way to remember each other so they decided that each friend would grow a nymph, then they would merge so the friends would always be kept as one. Hence the name they gave their newly merged Dionae. After a while, the friends grew up and left the Odin and eventually Kept as One was the only reminder they had been there. 

Time went on as it often does and Kept as One decided for itself to get employed on one of the research stations near the Odin. It chose the NSS Aurora because the friends had always favored it over the others for reasons Kept as One never got to know. It started work at the NSS Aurora as the librarian so it could record all the good times it had with its friends and their bond. It also loved the job that let it keep knowledge safe. As a librarian, it had an arsenal of knowledge at its disposal and could read its stories on the Odin of its friends and reminisce about the "Good Ol' Days". It never forget its old friends and always thought of the bond they shared. It loved being a librarian and it knew that every day it could always think of its friends.

What do you like about this character? What I like about Kept as One is that it is a bond of friendship that some friends thought of cleverly to keep their spirit as one. It is like a time capsule some friends put together to dig up later and remember themselves. It is a bond of friendship that's life will last as long as their bond does.

How would you rate your role-playing ability? I would give myself a 7/10 just normally and an 8/10 if I am in a situation that has to do with an investigation or some HRP security or command issue. (That is why I stick to non-command/sec jobs)

Notes: This is my first Whitelist

Edited by Neinbox
Application accepted.

You mentioned to me in-game that my own application was an inspiration for you so I wanted to take a look here. You display the basics in understanding the race and I kinda love the character backstory bit. Can I preemptively ask how you think this character could spark RP with others? As of right now, based on what you have gathered there for the lore, mechanics, and the character backstory, I give you a +1. I'd love to get to RP with you at some point. If you want to see my current Dionae, I have three: Chasing forgotten Dreams, Approaching the Rain, and Advancing the Mind. Hope to see you in game.

Thanks Xelnagahunter. I think that the perfect way to Role play is to be my character. If I just follow the rules and do my job I am sure to find opportunities. After all, that's what SS13 is all about. As a Dionae I intend to act like a real Dionae would. If I do this I can interact with players, I could talk to myself and then when someone asks me why I could vindicate myself (Or should I say ourselves?) And be an overall planty person to talk to. After all, Dionae have far different perspectives than humans. Maybe I could play Lab Assistant and as well as learn how to do science I could learn a new emotion. Every new round is an opportunity for something new and exciting.

Edited by Fortelian
  • Fortelian changed the title to Dionae Whitelist Application By: Fortelian

Hello, @Fortelian! My browser's been fixed, so here I am!

I've looked over your application, and I've got to say, I've been seeing an influx of applications, let alone unique ones. People have been getting creative lately, and by far, yours is the most wholesome, whimsical one out of the current batch and it really warms my heart. The background is solid and makes sense, and that aside, everything else looks pretty good too. You have your heart in the right place, and you have a good grasp on what the species is and what they're about.

I honestly don't have any questions, so there's no reason to keep you waiting any longer.

Hope you enjoy your first whitelist!

Application accepted.

Edited by Neinbox