DronzTheWolf

Give the Gauss Thumper armor penetration

As the title says. The thumper shoots solid tungsten slugs, and tungsten is used in armor penetrating round because of it's extreme hardness and mass, making it a very powerful penetrator. 
I agree that having it not leave shrapnel is a good thing, as the bullet would probably pass clean through or remain whole and not shard into sharp bits, but giving it penetration wouldn't make it too OP. 

Seems a decent idea. What's the damage on it? If AP properties are added, a very minor damage nerf may be needed to round it out.

22 hours ago, Carver said:

Seems a decent idea. What's the damage on it? If AP properties are added, a very minor damage nerf may be needed to round it out.

30 damage iirc, I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's worth noting that last I heard, armor penetration works pretty damn poorly, mechanically speaking, often doing nothing at all.

Armor penetration works pretty well, it's just that armor penetration properties are incredibly rare.

My information is outdated then. 30 brute is pretty mild for an ERT weapon that can't shrapnel, so I support this change.

I'd lessen it just a little bit to 25 brute but that's my only input.