[Withdrawn] Grom's command whitelist application

BYOND key: Gromnax

Character names: Mostly : Shiri Miko (Detective), Ezechiel Branwen (Paramedic), Osborn Pritchard (Xenobotanist), Dmitry Voronov (Xenobiologist), Ceri Alwenn (Scientist)

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: I’ve started to play seriously in here during the beginning of June of this year.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I’d like to play a bit more than the basic roles. I’m far from being interested in everything – I don’t like security as itself, and only play as a detective. And I’m really not good with engineering. However, I now have quite the experience with science and medical and I’d like to go further on these departements.

Why did you come to Aurora?: I was playing on a small, non-english speaking server a while ago, but it shut down. I knew someone from Aurora that also was here, and decided to play on their server.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes. As told, I plan on playing RD mainly, and maybe CMO in the future (but not now). I had to read the RD wiki page multiple times for clarification over Research and Development.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

The only I can think of is a bwoink about an inappropriate vampiric screeching at the end of the round. We discussed and settled this on the spot and it didn’t go further than that, so I’d say it wasn’t pretty serious.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: As it’s said in the name, playing a role. The point is to be part of a story built with others, and, if possible, to make said story interesting for everyone. Since we’re on a HRP server, it should be the main focus of any given round. Roleplay asks us to take in consideration a given setting, and to expand it with our own characters. Said characters must stay what they are supposed to be – part of the setting and the story, and not an heroic self insert.

Relations should also be a part of building an interesting character, and thus, an interesting story when we play them. However, this might be the hardest part inside Space Station 13 when we’re talking about relations that goes from one round to another.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: Heads should be firstly the link between their department and the rest of the station through the Command channel, and secondly to coordinate their own department to be as efficient as possible and to be sure that everything runs smoothly. For the Research Director especially, they should make sure that nothing dangerous leaks out of their department per directive four and should take care of explaning anything abnormal aboard the station.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

As someone who’s been trusted with some roles or species, the whitelisted should give credible roleplay and characters, and not abuse of their new accesses (for heads applications) to grief. Roleplay with them should be enjoyable and, as they are taking unique slots for the round, they should be present and active during said round – in other words, they should not take it for nothing.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

GRAHAM ROSEMOND : After Tau Ceti’s independance, Rosemond had two years to come back to Tau Ceti to get his new citizenship, as someone who was born on Biesel. With the blockus during his studies, he had to work on xenobotany to get his plants to be more efficient and productive, thus NT agreed to finace his researches.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted? Research Director. I’d like to play Chief Medical Officer in the future, too, but that’s not my priority.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Graham Rosemond, Research Director.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

I’ve been roleplaying in many forms and for quite a lot of time. I’ve started with forum roleplay, that helped me with my writing skills, too. I then discovered tabletop roleplay with Naheulbeuk, Call of Chtulhu and Dungeons and Dragons, and had a lot of fun with it. I discovered Space Station 13 when I was looking for a game like Mush: The Dawn, and found it, except unlike Mush, space station 13 focused more on roleplay than gameplay. I enjoyed the idea and decided to jump in with a little non-english server. When it closed, I came here. Some of my characters are created so I could discover a role. But I have some that focus entirely on roleplay, too. The most prominent example is my detective, and I enjoyed playing her a lot – but stopped because I was tired of playing security and wanted to try the other departments.

So, about roleplay, I’d say I am quite efficient at it and that I enjoy it. I have lost a few rounds as an antagonist because I wanted to put on a gimmick and, unfortunately, it wouldn’t be taken seriously or even played out by the others, which saddened me.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Yes.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

I did for the roles I intend to play – Research Director mainly, and maybe CMO in the future.

Extra notes:

None.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! I've rp'd with Doctor Alwenn with multiple characters and so far I like, I like a lot. I haven't gotten to RP with your other characters so this might change. While I really do want to see you with with whitelist, can you tell me more about your Director? Maybe a draft of employement records? Some back story? I want to see where your head is with your new character. 

(I know it's not required, but I do want to know <3) I'd recommend looking at the other roles, the chain of command, and etc other pages to understand things before hopping in the deep end. Otherwise you got my vote. +1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, this seems to have fell through the cracks. In the future, if an application stays unanswered by staff over a certain limit, dependent on the type, contact staff to remind them. For command whitelists, it's a week.

Here is a link that helps you in finding out who to contact. 

If an application lasts for more than one week, refer to https://forums.aurorastation.org/staff/

Regarding the whitelist itself, the application is decent enough and you as a player have a good record on the server, only minor accidental stuff.

You do however lack feedback, but I'm willing to grant you a trial, but before I do, I need you to affirm that you're going to be sufficiently active for the trial period, being a week. Just write a reply here.

If there is no reply within three days, it will be denied.

Hello! thanks for your answer.

Agreed with that. I will be active for the next week as a science player.

However, please note that I'm not satisfied anymore with my current Xenobotanist (Pritchard) and I'm working currently on a better character for this job I love. I'll edit it when I have the name!

• Faris locked this topic