[Accepted] Xelnagahunter - Moderator application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information
Byond Account: Xelnagahunter
Character Name(s): Standing Among the Rain, Everett Millhouse, and Nazar Kudryoshov are the ones I play currently.
AI Name(s): I don't play AI anymore.
Discord username + tag: Xelnagahunter#8830
Timezone: EST(-5GMT)
When are you on Aurora?: Fairly randomly, I might be on first thing in the morning or late at night and anywhere in between. It depends on my schedule and activities for the day.

Experience
How long have you played SS13?: I started in 2015 but took a 3 year break at some point in there.
How long have you played on Aurora: See Above.
How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Not as much as I want to. I'm fairly good with the basics and engineering. I know the concept of most science stuff, even if I don't know how it all works. I know nothing about medical at all. For sec, I know regulation pretty well as former CCIAA
Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: On this one actually. It was only for a few months though.
Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes.
Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No.

Personality
Why do you play SS13?: As a way to fill my itch to RP within a system that includes a set of mechanics and rules that help limit the characters.
Why do you play on Aurora?: Because I enjoy the HRP intent and I was introduced to this server as the first and only server I've played on.
What do moderators do?: Moderators are here to serve several purposes. They help players with questions when they can. They stop griefers and others who disregard the rules and remove those players if they seem to be doing so intentionally. They also handle complaints and moderate the forums. All in all, general moderation stuff.
What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It's being someone to whom the players can turn for help, if it's a question or a problem, and to do your best to try to resolve it.
Why do you want to be a moderator?: I like helping people, I like this server and it's community. I feel like I've learned more then I knew on my first run as moderator and like I might be able to make a difference.
What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I feel I meet the criteria as mentioned in the linked thread, I have some experience, cool and level headed, and I'm able to go with the flow as needed.
How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Pretty well. I internalize it and let it go to a confidant when I feel it's become too much.

Anything Else You Want to Add:
The question will come about me leaving the CCIAA team and making a moderator app just after. I disagreed with some ideas and there were other issues internal to the team that I no longer felt like dealing with. This does not mean that I am right and they are wrong or that I left them with any hard feelings. I hope that the direction of the team is always going to be an improvement and I personally wish every member of the team well and consider them friends. Part of my own issues was thinking it hadn't changed from when I was a part of the team last, things changed however and it wasn't really the same, albeit similar. I'm not making that mistake in my application for moderator.

On 26/09/2019 at 06:22, Xelnagahunter said:

Not as much as I want to. I'm fairly good with the basics and engineering. I know the concept of most science stuff, even if I don't know how it all works. I know nothing about medical at all. For sec, I know regulation pretty well as former CCIAA

Real talk. You'll see all the tickets. You'll be bombarded with the knowledge whether you want it or not. I have no doubt that you'll pick up whatever you need quickly and not be afraid to ask for help as I've so far seen you as a smart one when it comes to the borders of your knowledge ^^

Do I trust you to handle shitters and conflicts? Absolutely. You are one of the most chill people we have and I think that attitude is the most important thing about moderation.

On 26/09/2019 at 06:22, Xelnagahunter said:

They help players with questions when they can.

More often than not it includes figuring stuff out together with the player. I remember  a round where you where made interim CE and even having the right whitelist you asked more experienced engineers to help you with things because ICly Rain didn't feel ready yet. Helping out people takes time and a calm mind and sometimes stuff just doesn't work. I think your engineering has more often than not shown that you can absolutely handle that approach.

+1 pL0x Twial

• Goret changed the title to [On-Trial] Xelnagahunter - Moderator application
  • The lancer locked this topic
  • Goret unlocked this topic