[Denied] Application for a dionae 2

BYOND Key: (AngryPotato_69)

Character Names: (The Asteroid Colonist)

Species you are applying to play: (Dionae)

What color do you plan on making your first alien character: Green? Dionae standard color.  (Color of your character; Dionaea & IPCs exception)

Have you read our lore section's page on this species?: Of course I did, how would I be playing a character without reading any lore about it?

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph format. One paragraph minimum per question.

Why do you wish to play this specific race:

(One paragraph minimum) This specific race attracts me with it’s way of playing. Im pretty sure that dionaes are doing a great job in maintaining the station as well as doing their desired job.

Identify what makes role-playing this species different than role-playing a Human: Literally everything Is different, from body shape and colours to interaction with crew. The best is that dionaes don't need food or water, just the lights or radiation.

Character Name:(The Asteroid Colonist)

Please provide a short backstory for this character

(Aproxomately two paragraphs)
Backstory for that dionae. Once upon a time, on a planet where dionaes and diona nymphs were spread, a bunch of seeds were launched, they landed onto a meteor with a little water supply under it's crust. The seeds grew, and soon a few diona nymphs appeared, they merged into one gestalt and formed a dionae cyclops named "The Asteroid Colonist". Many years it spent waiting for an opportunity to escape it's home-jail. And finally, an NSS Aurora Research Shuttle was passing by. Finally, the Colonist decided and jumped onto it, connected to a catwalk he climbed onto and waited shuttle's arrival. After arrival he went off, as security noticed him. He was chipped, and counted as a crew member of NSS Aurora.

What do you like about this character? I like literally everything! It requires high RP and that’s what I really need, it also requires knowledge about dionae history as well as way of life.

(Describe what you like about this character)

How would you rate your role-playing ability?

Out of 10? 6/10.

Notes: As a note, I say that diona as a very helpful and friendly creature.

Sadly, your nymph play is not that good. I don't know your other characters so I can't comment on how you play in general, but neither your naming nor your behaviour is really good, when you play a nymph. I know Diona lore is not much, in comparison to other species. I assume you're new and it's nice that you show interest, but I recommend observing other gestalts, even though they are played rarely and learn/ask from them.

Also, aside from all that, what is said above. While the story is creative it's quite short and barebones, maybe you should rewrite it. Also, I still don't understand why people are being allowed to play nymphs without a whitelist, lmao, but that's just a side remark.

13 minutes ago, KingOfThePing said:

Sadly, your nymph play is not that good. I don't know your other characters so I can't comment on how you play in general, but neither your naming nor your behaviour is really good, when you play a nymph. I know Diona lore is not much, in comparison to other species. I assume you're new and it's nice that you show interest, but I recommend observing other gestalts, even though they are played rarely and learn/ask from them.

Also, aside from all that, what is said above. While the story is creative it's quite short and barebones, maybe you should rewrite it. Also, I still don't understand why people are being allowed to play nymphs without a whitelist, lmao, but that's just a side remark.

Maybe so they can learn?

I'm sorry for the delay on how long this took to process.

I'm going to be denying this app. The app itself is rather bare bones, especially the backstory. How would they act, what job would they have, how would they feel about the people who found them? Things like that could be included to expand upon it.

My other issue is your behavior on the server, it's still rather LRPish. I'm going to have to ask you to wait until February of 2020 until you reapply to see if your behavior improves.

Until then, application denied.

• Yonnimer changed the title to [Denied] Application for a dionae 2
  • Yonnimer locked this topic