Basic Information

Byond Account: BoryaTheSlayer

Character Name(s): Well... 

Spoiler

3980bd41ede9ae36e6ee214bee3f92a4.png.b3aef363cee606d3406851b015872a56.png

AI Name(s): None for now.

Discord username: BoryaTheSlayer#2462.

Timezone:+3 GMT, Moscow time.

When are you on Aurora?: Whenever I'm home, basically. Mostly from 3 PM my time until 11 PM, on and off, depending on how interested I'm in the round. I can be seen throughout all the day depending on the circumstances, though, really.

Experience I'm currently a moderator for one of the server's affiliated discords, NT-SEC. Otherwise I never held similar positions before.

How long have you played SS13?: Since may of this year.

How long have you played on Aurora: Since may of this year.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: I know them relatively well although I don't put most of the "robust" mechanics to use because I don't play antag rounds too often. I know medical extremely well, I know most sections of science, basics of engineering, and know how cargo and civ jobs work. I don't really look at code, though, but that may change soon.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: No.

Have you read through the criteria thread; https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4198 - and believe that you mark off all the criteria?: Yes, I believe so.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: No.

Personality

Why do you play SS13?: For RP. I came here after hearing that people RP in this game, when I was very disenchanted by the RP community of the game I played before.

Why do you play on Aurora?: It's the only server that people actually RP on, and is actually populated. I came to aurora immediately when I started playing and had never any reason to branch out to other servers.

What do moderators do?: Moderators respond to ahelps, deal with complaints and appeals on the forums. They uphold server rules, preserve the community and keep those damn griefers out of our sanctuary. They help the new players, guide them, and facilitate their integration in the community.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It means to deal with player-related behaviour. IC issues should be left IC, what moderators deal with are OOC issues. If Gornanez Fezando the CMO throws a doctor out of their department for commiting malpractice and the said doctor ahelps that Gornanez is being a stinky that's most likely an IC issue. Other than that, it means to deal with issues as a team, as well as help people out if they are new and don't know something(since we don't have mentors).

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I wanna help everyone on the server and make it a better place.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I am willing to help, calm and understanding, and always try to get any bias out of the way and deal with the situation objectively. I also like to think I work well in a team, considering my experience in the lore team so far.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: I think I handle it extremely well. I understand that most anger and insults directed at me come from misunderstandings or difference of opinions, and I don't take my frustration out on people. If I have qualms with something,

Anything Else You Want to Add:
Nah. Thanks for reading.

Edited by BoryaTheSlayer
attached the image file instead of making a link

Borya's been a great mentor,  a great friend and will be.

Borya is also a big lore nerd that helps me out with my gaps, a very good roleplayer and a person with very good standards.

Borya is even now very sociable and sparks interesting conversations. He also contributes a lot and very well everytime.

Not gonna lie. Borya is a great  person I'd love to see as a mod. ❤?

You are a good bean but like everyone I know who applies for the position of a moderator, I worry about burn out or becoming otherwise disenfranchised with the community. Have you considered this may happen or if do, what will you do to off set the possibility? 

I trust you in the position nevertheless. You have a level head, and a fair approach to situations. I've seen you raise points or opinions with friends, giving me the confidence you will approach moderation without bias. You have my full support. +1

1 hour ago, niennab said:

You are a good bean but like everyone I know who applies for the position of a moderator, I worry about burn out or becoming otherwise disenfranchised with the community. Have you considered this may happen or if do, what will you do to off set the possibility? 

I trust you in the position nevertheless. You have a level head, and a fair approach to situations. I've seen you raise points or opinions with friends, giving me the confidence you will approach moderation without bias. You have my full support. +1

Thanks for the concern. If I feel like me doing moderator work will burn me out or make me turn away from the community for any other reason, I will simply step down. Or take a short break and reconsider things. It is hard to give a definitive answer as I would just judge by the situation at hand, really. In any case I'm not a fan of self-destructive behaviour and will surely do something in case something like burn-out happens. I suppose I already went through one recently, and holidays are helping me get over it.
Thank you for the support, you and everyone else who already posted :)

10 hours ago, Pratepresidenten said:

You come to my fucking doorstep, leave this shit here and expect not to be roasted in the fiery depths of hell......

We'll save that for the trial.

Give this man waifu bait a trial.

Good conduct, clean slate and even motivated. I've seen you do the right thing more than once, even if it was the hard thing to do. That's what counts.

• Goret changed the title to [On Trial]Borya's Moderator Application
  • 1 month later...
  • Goret changed the title to [Accepted]Borya's Moderator Application
  • Goret locked this topic