[Denied] Marlon Phoenix Command Whitelist

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Schev raised a lot of my concerns and I mostly echo his thoughts.

tbh as long as I don't see another Jawdat from you I'm not opposed to another trial. I was present for the whole four-way IR incident that resulted in several punishments for people and I don't want to see you repeat what parts you did wrong in that (Forcing yourself onto the shuttle on an away mission as HoP, for one example, is pretty spotlighty. I apply that criticism to ALL heads who went with, though, not just you).

4RJTwrW.png.d35d03903c8881f02fed1676b4a0a37a.png

Positive interaction tbh.

Disclaimer, Jawdat was an antag in this screen

Anyway, I don't have a particular issue with the trialing of your command whitelist so long as it is closely observed not to violate any of the many repeated issues you've demonstrated before, as detailed by previous posters. I begrudgingly admit that the vast majority of rounds, you were a perfectly acceptable command member; you've just had some very, very bad ones leading to your whitelist removal. Don't repeat those mistakes, please.

He had goofy moments where he and his son did raps and used the announcement system for that and that was hilarious. As a character he was pretty alright. As a command member... he just didn't work. My main issue with him was spotlighting, and in my personal experience, he didn't do a whole lot of coordinating departments (but I haven't played supply/civ under him much, so my experiences may not be the norm). I don't mind goofy characters in command so long as they do some semblance of their job and don't try to center-stage.

Guest BoxWulf

Marlon Phoenix taught me that characters can be well-rounded, interesting, and have fun moments that bring a breath of fresh air into an otherwise grim setting. 

When I first started a year ago, I worked under a few command members who were impossible to get along with at first and were ready to suspend someone at the drop of a hat and it was scary. I thought all of Command was like that: tough, disciplined, and intimidating. 

And then I met Jawdat, and then Zuhare, and both of them were inclusive towards me, even though they had no idea who I was ICly or OOCly... I felt welcome, and obviously this is from an IC-perspective but I am a player, not an NPC.
I can honestly say if it wasn’t for Marlon and a select few others, I might not have stayed around as long as I have and, to me, that is what a command player is supposed to exemplify. A welcoming beacon to new players. Someone to instruct and include people who would otherwise be disregarded by longtime characters.

+1 and I’ve never said it, but thank you for making Aurora enjoyable for me and, I’m sure, many others. 

Edited by BoxWulf
Grammar, I drank sake. I literally wrote “tip of a hat” I obviously meant “drop of a hat.”
Guest Marlon Phoenix

For unathi i always try to play them fresh off the boat. This is not replicated with command unathi who go through a lot more vetting and sensitivity training.

My philosophy regarding command whitelist play is important to me and i know very well the impact it has on rounds.

This will be proven with a trial. This whitelist removal was not in regards to my command play. My command play has been pretty good. And the issues i had were addressed already.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

Hey so, after a very very long time deliberating, and even passing the day I said I'd have an answer to you by.. I don't think I'm going to be giving you a trial.

However; this does not mean you cannot get one in the future. I'd like to see you reapply in a month or two, after I see you online more, and how you play the game, etc. I won't get into specifics with you on the forums, but if you'd like, feel free to dm me on discord at Mini Moose#6944