Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gangstafary

Allow you to drink while wearing scarves.

Recommended Posts

Basically the title is self-explanatory: make it so you can drink while wearing scarves. It wouldn't mean much and it's a qol stuff. Also, you can drink with a breath mask so why not with a scarf. Alternatively add a "lower scarf" verb which would allow to do this.

Edited by Gangstafary

Share this post


Link to post

Why are they not just an accessory? We can add accessories to overwear now, so there's no reason unless they're somehow a filter mask or some odd fellow uses them to protect from being sprayed by acid.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Carver said:

Why are they not just an accessory? We can add accessories to overwear now, so there's no reason unless they're somehow a filter mask or some odd fellow uses them to protect from being sprayed by acid.

The item I have the issue with is the pioneer's scarf.

Share this post


Link to post

Well that one does cover the mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Carver said:

Well that one does cover the mouth.

Indeed, and so does a breath mask, yet you can perfectly eat and drink with it on. It's just a qol change that can't really be abused for powergamey reasons. Alternatively, I also suggested a "Lower scarf" verb to lower it and reveal the mouth without removing it.

Share this post


Link to post

You can also eat and drink with a lowered welding mask, or a raised surgical or dust mask. I agree that being able to eat or drink through a pioneer's scarf would be ideal. Could we just make it an accessory again, instead of a mask slot item?

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Gangstafary said:

Indeed, and so does a breath mask, yet you can perfectly eat and drink with it on. It's just a qol change that can't really be abused for powergamey reasons. Alternatively, I also suggested a "Lower scarf" verb to lower it and reveal the mouth without removing it.

If the scarf would be lowerable, then I'd agree. It's likely a bug if you can eat/drink when your breath mask is up and over the mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Carver said:

If the scarf would be lowerable, then I'd agree. It's likely a bug if you can eat/drink when your breath mask is up and over the mouth.

If it's a bug, it's one of the oldest. Doubt it's a bug, since bugs are ultimately fixed soon or later. Maybe it's like that cause people complained about autoinhalers/pills/etc being unable to be used with a breath mask, while removing the breath mask in an oxyless environment even if just for a little bit could get you a popped lung if RNGesus thought it was your time.

Edited by Gangstafary

Share this post


Link to post

Indeed, it is not a bug. I just peeked at the code. Breath masks have a a FLEXIBLEMATERIAL flag which exists specifically to say "this item won't prevent you from eating/drinking." I imagine it was added for the reasons OP posted in the post above.

It's reasonable to assume you could move a scarf out of the way while eating/drinking without having to clog it up with a verb. All other scarves have this flag, just was left off the pioneer one.

I'll add the flag in a PR later if someone else doesn't get to it first. 

Edited by Doxxmedearly

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Doxxmedearly said:

Indeed, it is not a bug. I just peeked at the code. Breath masks have a a FLEXIBLEMATERIAL flag which exists specifically to say "this item won't prevent you from eating/drinking." I imagine it was added for the reasons OP posted in the post above.

It's reasonable to assume you could move a scarf out of the way while eating/drinking without having to clog it up with a verb. All other scarves have this flag, just was left off the pioneer one.

I'll add the flag in a PR later if someone else doesn't get to it first. 

Thanks, really appreciate it since I barely know anything about coding, not to say I know nothing at all. Really weird that all scarves fulfill that "flexiblematerial" flag but the pioneer's one doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post

It was probably just an oversight when it was added. Offworlder stuff was all done in large groups so it's not unreasonable that specific things went unnoticed. Hard to think of every situation for testing. Which is why it's great to see bug reports and suggestion threads like this.

Share this post


Link to post

the answer is clear : offworlder is shitcode

 

actually, wait, it's actually so eating food doesn't snap an offworlder's neck off from too much exertion from moving the scarf out of the way.

their bones are too fragile /s

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...