[Accepted]Borya's Human Maintainer Application

Ckey/BYOND Username: BoryaTheSlayer
Position Being Applied For: Human Species Maintainer.
Past Experiences/Knowledge: I do a lot of academic writing and I have been the Human Lore Deputy since around October. I kinda have been acting as the manager of the team for a while, despite not having the power to make decisions.
Examples of Past Work: I ask for a lot of input on my work and I like to collaborate a lot, so I can't claim anything as my own, but here are some things that I have worked on and have had a significant, if not the main, role in writing:
The new Mars page, the transformation into CoC and the various new additions, and am currently slowly writing the full page for one of the Coalition planets(among other things) together with Schwann. 

Additional Comments: Read this baby here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zb7HfH5gPKaEJl07DsDRrIf0fDIOIqklUbRZJ2IhvGM/edit?usp=sharing
All comments and questions are welcome.

Edited by Mofo1995

My only criticism of Borya is that he undervalues himself. Without his assistance I would not have gotten half of what I get done finished, and would not even be on the team in the first place. Borya has been a steadfast coworker and somebody that is always willing to listen to my ideas, no matter how outlandish or spur-of-the-moment they may be.. He has been, arguably, serving as the human lore developer for several months now due to the inactivity of the previous holder of the position. In my admittedly biased eyes, he is the perfect fit for the position. He has my respect, and has proven that he can effectively work around my habit of running off in random directions with ideas I find interesting. However, it is my belief that my approval is not just enough. Thus, onto my questions.

1). A major issue with the previous human lore developer was inactivity. In the case that you must become inactive, how do you plan to deal with this?

2). How do you intend to coordinate with other lore developers?

3). If appointed to the position, when do you intend to open deputy applications?

4). If not appointed to the position, will you remain as a deputy?

There are no wrong answers, and I look forward to your responses. Best of luck!

Borya is an incredibly creative, level headed and well rounded person. I honestly wasn't sure who was going to apply for the maintainer position because both Borya and Schwann are wonderful choices. I have no particular questions. I believe you manage your time swimmingly and you are a good source of feedback on proposed ideas.

Calm, collected, and always willing to reason with and work through multiple perspectives. A lot of fun and creative ideas come from Borya. Along with his willingness to help others and be easily reachable, he is an easy +1 of support for the position.

Borya has been doing fantastic work with human lore as of late, he's always calm and professional, and he's always shown that he genuinely cares about progressing human lore in positive ways. He's also extremely friendly and approachable on just about every matter that you bring to him. Plus, the points that he's outlined that he wishes to address in his google doc link are all very good things. He's the obvious candidate for the position, in my opinion, so it's a massive +1 from me.

7 hours ago, NewOriginalSchwann said:

My only criticism of Borya is that he undervalues himself. Without his assistance I would not have gotten half of what I get done finished, and would not even be on the team in the first place. Borya has been a steadfast coworker and somebody that is always willing to listen to my ideas, no matter how outlandish or spur-of-the-moment they may be.. He has been, arguably, serving as the human lore developer for several months now due to the inactivity of the previous holder of the position. In my admittedly biased eyes, he is the perfect fit for the position. He has my respect, and has proven that he can effectively work around my habit of running off in random directions with ideas I find interesting. However, it is my belief that my approval is not just enough. Thus, onto my questions.

1). A major issue with the previous human lore developer was inactivity. In the case that you must become inactive, how do you plan to deal with this?

2). How do you intend to coordinate with other lore developers?

3). If appointed to the position, when do you intend to open deputy applications?

4). If not appointed to the position, will you remain as a deputy?

There are no wrong answers, and I look forward to your responses. Best of luck!

Th-thanks babe...

1)Even if I can't be actively involved in development doesn't mean I won't be able to communicate. So it's really simple: we'll slow down the tempo while I deal with whatever's keeping me inactive, and I'll stay in touch so as to keep you guys from going crazy.
2)I dunno I just intend to, lol. As I stated in the essay I want to work with everyone else on the team just as I do now, and I want to keep doing that as the maintainer. Our setting is large and interactions between the species that inhabit it are very important.
3)We'll see, probably shortly after.
4)Good question. Probably yes, but I did have some other thoughts so I can not say with 100% certainty.

Thank you to everyone else who posted so far as well.

6 hours ago, BoryaTheSlayer said:

Th-thanks babe...

1)Even if I can't be actively involved in development doesn't mean I won't be able to communicate. So it's really simple: we'll slow down the tempo while I deal with whatever's keeping me inactive, and I'll stay in touch so as to keep you guys from going crazy.
2)I dunno I just intend to, lol. As I stated in the essay I want to work with everyone else on the team just as I do now, and I want to keep doing that as the maintainer. Our setting is large and interactions between the species that inhabit it are very important.
3)We'll see, probably shortly after.
4)Good question. Probably yes, but I did have some other thoughts so I can not say with 100% certainty.

Thank you to everyone else who posted so far as well.

Despite how my soul rebels at your method of formatting a list of responses (where is the PERIOD AND SPACE, BORYA?) these are good responses and I have full confidence in you to be a great developer. This application has my full support, and good luck.

I would love to see Beisel get more fleshed out, please! I hear a lot of good things about Borya ^ so I will +1 too, plus I'm a human main so I'm biased towards getting a new head to make me have more stuff to build around.                                                                                                                                                 

Having seen Borya's stellar conduct and cohesion, as well as the work he's already produced and the way it's more comprehensive and intuitive at various points is enough proof for me to fully support, trust, and look forward to the general wrangling and possibly more from him.

Good luck, Borya!

+1

Borya has been a recent addittion to the lore team, but a great one. I have found myself working with him again and again, even talking about lore which neither of us are responsible for simply because he's a great person to bounce ideas off of.
His personality is nice and fresh and his view on the lore are nice, although I'd consider them naive to some degree.
I do have a few questions I want to ask about:

1) The human race is fucking gigantic compared to every other species. How do you plan to tackle this hugeness, since I believe it is physically impossible to give every faction "the same" coverage.
2) Would you ever consider seperating corporation lore responsibility from the human developer position?
3) Which species would you like to see cooperate with human developers more?
4) As both a developer and a moderator, if the circumstances came about where you would be unable to do one or the other. Would you rather continue being a developer or a moderator?

On 25/02/2020 at 01:31, Soultheif96 said:

I support Borya’s application to be Human Lore Maintainer for reasons already stated. He is a perfect fit for the position. My big question is, will corporate lore be expanded on? Will we see interactions between Megacorporations and governments? 

+1

As outlined in my essay, yes, that is the idea.

On 28/02/2020 at 18:51, Coalf said:

Borya has been a recent addittion to the lore team, but a great one. I have found myself working with him again and again, even talking about lore which neither of us are responsible for simply because he's a great person to bounce ideas off of.
His personality is nice and fresh and his view on the lore are nice, although I'd consider them naive to some degree.
I do have a few questions I want to ask about:

1) The human race is fucking gigantic compared to every other species. How do you plan to tackle this hugeness, since I believe it is physically impossible to give every faction "the same" coverage.
2) Would you ever consider seperating corporation lore responsibility from the human developer position?
3) Which species would you like to see cooperate with human developers more?
4) As both a developer and a moderator, if the circumstances came about where you would be unable to do one or the other. Would you rather continue being a developer or a moderator?

1) Well, for one, it is obvious I probably won't be giving everyone equal attention. It is obviously hard and, actually unnecessary, I find.  Our lore is already sprawling and it can be hard to navigate at times(something I also watn to try and tackle). So the plan is to keep calm and focus on a couple things at once. There are always idea in the community, and so if anyone wants to expand on anything in the lore, they're very much welcome to and I'll do my best to work with them on it.

2) I would consider it, yes. I honestly dislike how departmental the structure of the lore team is, but I suppose that is the necessity and we have to live with that. I would love making corporate lore something the entire team can work on, but I don't think it needs its own slots like all the species do.

3) Honestly, I wish they all cooperated more with us because I love all the alien species we have. But, looking at what we have right now, I would say Unathi and Vaurca could use more interaction with humans in the lore. And also Tajara because I play them the most.

4) I would personally rather continue being a developer, but in reality, I would probably choose to stay moderator since it takes up less of my time. As a developer I think a lot about the lore so if something in real life was straining me, it'd be the obvious thing to do to just make it so that it's not my responsibility anymore.

Thank you for everyone's support again. It's really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...