kyres1

ERT Resprite + Human/Skrell restriction

Posted (edited)

I'm trying my hand at respriting NT ERT suits. Here's how it looks so far.

The order is security - medical - engineering - command.

Only Human/Skrell suit sprites will be made and the PR I put up will restrict ERT to Skrell/Humans, seeing as Unathi have Kataphracts and Tajara being in a famous PMC response team based in the heart of Human space doesn't make much sense.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by kyres1

Personally, I would prefer they carry a similar aesthetic to the Sec and Hazard suits- and the HAPT suits. I'm also not that big a fan of the role colouring, would be nice if they all used the L/Tpr's colours with badges or armbands denoting their role. Or maybe different types of helmets to differentiate them.

All the above being said, the L/Tpr looks fucking hot. The only real complaint I have in regards to the sprite is the cone head.

And the visor, the visor is sorta tiny. You should stick with the NT-Sec visors a la dead spess

I am fine with removing Tajara from the ert, as they can join the iac, tcfl and mercenary response teams.

i love the colour usage, and as fifty percent of the unathi lore team, i'm fine with unathi not being part of the NT ERT

Chewing Gum Response Team is the vibes I get from those weirdly washed out pastels.

I get more of a power rangers vibe. I do agree with Danse however that the sec suit should be more red and less pink. 

Otherwise, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Kyres' work on the ERT in game. 

I think the gradient for the color is a little bit too smooth, but looks pretty good.

I don't know about you, but the pink looks more like cherry to me.

Posted (edited)

The ert is a nanotrasen force. Tajara and unathi work for nanotrasen in high numbers. Therefore tajara and unathi would be be in the ert. The company would explicitly need a race based recruitment policy to make sense of it, which would be good to be upfront about. The other faction based response teams have extenuating circumstances that limit their recruitment outside their species. 

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

I am not a huge fan of the new sprites. 

Imho it would look better if we used the blue one with colored highlights to signify the different roles. 

Blue with highlights would solve my concern with the gross pastels of the Security, Botany and Engineering suits.