[accepted] CobaltTheLizzer's Unathi Whitelist Application

16 hours ago, DanseMacabre said:

Sparks, Nevada, in 2007.

Well, it all started in 2007, when I moved to Sparks, Nevada.

Well, it all started in 2007, in Sparks, Nevada. Long story short, lizards.

give this man his fucking whitelist

+10000000000

(real talk though danse is the most solid rper ive ever had the pleasure of rping with and he's very good. give him whatever he wants. please. Please. he's threatening me. im no longer saf)

so, i've taken a good read over this. it was a really good read and overall you had a big understanding of unathi lore!

you understand the complexity of unathi life, the traditionalist nature embodied in their culture, and the mindset of a coldblooded alien.

however... you didn't include the source for your images, so...

denied sorry

thank you. apply again in a year :)

I have edited the initial application because the bigoted Unathi lore devs insist my original character concept was unacceptable. While I try to fix the fact that they are ignorant and uneducated, I have added a new character concept that will likely be more acceptable, but is woefully inferior to the original.

Kot'zai Ilsek was born in 2434, in the southern hemisphere of Moghes. A native of the city of Razir, his family was one of peasant fishermen - their wealth coming from the sea in the form of the fish staple that for so long had been the most reliable foodstuff available to the Unathi. As is normal of both a citizen of the Hegemony and of the city of Razir, the hatchling's family practiced the faith of Sk'akh. When the contact war broke out but three years after his birth, the life of the hatchling and his family changed relatively little, technically speaking, at first. His father was an older man, too old to fight, but his older brothers did opt to fight for the cause of the Hegemony in glorious battle - and died for it, with every one of his brothers falling in the war, one by one. The oldest of them, Ihilks, would survive long enough to die in the nuclear fire that ended the war (Ironically no longer a soldier, he died as a result of the atomic bombing that ruined the city's countryside.) Raised by his mother to take up that trade which fed so many in these trying times, the sea mostly unmolested by war, the young Ilsek would have been a promising fisherman if he actually cared for the trade he was being brought up to work. No - his brothers had been honorable warriors, fighting for their lord against the treasonous, nearly sub-Unathi masses of the Traditionalist Coalition - why should he not? Alas, too young to fight before the war ended, Kot'zai was cheated of his chance to bring the fight to his enemies and avenge his brothers.

Nuclear fire scorching the land only made his family's work all the more necessary as refugees from the newly-created wasteland marched towards the relative prosperity of the surviving Izweski - an especially true fact for Razir, whose countryside was devastated by atomic bombing. Hungry refugees would die without food, and the only food to be found was fish. And so the young Kot'zai would work and work for years at that - work he did not enjoy at all, slaving away at sea to do the labors that his clan had done for generations, and which his brothers had so luckily escaped. Only did he, too, escape his work when his father died - already relatively old when he was born, the patriarch would pass away in the mid 2450s. And so, the young man would finally have an opportunity to follow in the path of his brothers without the ire of a father who does not wish to lose his only remaining son. Admittedly, there was some great trouble in that - he had no experience as a warrior and skilled fishermen were a bit more necessary than incompetent soldiers in the post-war Hegemony. It would be years before he could put the sea behind him for good - with the reconstitution of the venerable and honorable class of warriors that were the Kataphracts. Attaching himself to one group as a Kataphract-Hopeful, in time the wannabe-warrior would make his way to Tau Ceti, a place with no lack of conflict.

Though attached to established warriors who saw great success fighting whatever they could in the heart of Human space, the Ilsek proved a poor student. Though eager, he was seen as being a great annoyance - his demeanor overzealous and in terms of skill, hopelessly inept. Even worse, his passion and zeal would melt away when faced with a threat, and in mock duels and when viewing true combat he would flinch and panic. Though a capable servant, he was eventually told quite bluntly that he was not yet ready to be a warrior, and largely abandoned. In the immediate aftermath of their departure, the despondent Unathi would struggle for weeks to even find purpose - convinced that he was an individual out of balance, having spent too long expressing the aspect of the Fisherman and neglecting the Warrior and a Healer - he feared for his very existence, worried that in some way he was so out of balance as to be wicked, and that if he perished a stranger in a strange land, he would be cursed as all evil Unathi are.

Now alone in Tau Ceti and with a mostly useless skillset, he had the good fortune of being at least well-built - and therefore suited to manual labor. And thus he engaged with NanoTrasen, becoming a shaft miner - all while longing and planning to somehow follow in the footsteps of his oh-so-honorable brothers.

Edited by DanseMacabre

Originally I was going to edit my first post, but I think it'd be easier if I posted my real support separately from the continuation of the joke as Danse has done with his new character concept. I think an alien whitelist is exactly what Danse needs to expand his horizons a bit more, and you can see from his real effort that he is certainly up to the task. His character concept is a shining example of several aspects of the lore come together- as are all of Danse's characters. It'll be interesting to see what he does with something that isn't Human lore.

+1, good luck buddy.

so, i've taken a good read over this. it was a really good read and overall you had a big understanding of unathi lore!

you understand the complexity of unathi life, the traditionalist nature embodied in their culture, and the mindset of a working unathi.

i also unironically enjoy the character and know you can roleplay well

accepted :)