[ACCEPTED] FieryTech's Command Application

BYOND key: FieryTech.

Character names:

Xiao Zemin (Scientist), Wanghwa Mi-Kyong (Nurse).

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

Approximately one month.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

To evolve in my roleplay, to share my experience, and to bring players together in common projects.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

It was the server with the highest possible level of roleplay on SS13 I found, and that's my style of play (LRP, MRP? Meh!).

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

Of course!

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

I have never been bwoinked.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

The roleplay is a permanent theater play whose actors are also the writers. They not only embody a projection of themselves in a fictional universe, they become a character with their own personality in order to interact with the other players. I think it should be an exchange between points of view and ideas, so that everyone has a good time while using what we know how to do best: Imagining.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

More than a role of event organizer (whether within their department or on the station in general), they are also the ones who train and show the way for the players in their department to find new ways to have fun in their shift, without doing everything for them (which would somewhat ruin the discovery for them, it's a balance to have). Heads are like the IRP moderators of the game, and It's something that must be handled with great care as the shift can depend on what they are doing.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

If someone has responsibilities, there are clear expectations. It is important to be patient, to take time to think about responses that could have far more serious consequences for others than simple mishandling, because the role itself gives a presence that could lead some players to be misguided, to repeat the mistakes made, and thus to have problems with HRP or IRP administration. To ensure that we always provide the best possible solutions, I believe that it is important to listen to advice and make impartial and pragmatic decisions. We must accept that we are fallible, but continue to learn from others despite our position, because the only constant in a roleplay game is change. I will be sure to ask if everything goes wrong, If I don't know something, or If I need help. There is nos shame in asking.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

As a citizen of the Sol Alliance (and proud to be), she dislikes seeing her native nation lose its splendor, but she has also found a home that accepts her and allows her to seek solutions to all these problems. The lack of phoron is something that worries her in view of the consequences it would have on a large part of the galaxy, but her presence on the Aurora also gives her access to research tools, to materials, which will help her in her unstoppable quest for knowledge. After all, the attacks of phoron-eating worms probably have an explanation, as new methods may be found, and even a solution! Hopefully, she and her team will find it sooner or later. Finally, she have been noticed for her devotion to Nanotrasen, having completed so many projects to the point of being appointed interim research director by several captains, even by the central command.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

Research director.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Xiao Zemin, research director.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

It is difficult to give yourself a rating. I have both strengths and weaknesses, and everyone will have their point of view on my actions. I particularly like to take the time to do things, to get as deep as possible into the character's feelings through his/her words, but I sometimes lose my ability to react when I'm in a scene with a lot of action (it's quite logical, actually). So I feel like saying 7/10.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Yes, and It's normal.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Yes.

Extra notes:

Edited by MattAtlas

Xiao is such a lovely character. I can't say anything about how she's been doing as RD (yet!), but I do know that I have had many pleasant interactions with her as my own character(s) - and that can only ever translate in a positive way to how she will be as a Research Director. 
Good luck on your trial! Research are all rooting for you ♥ 

I don't know the full details, and maybe you can help clarify for me, but I am concerned by a recent round. When a Roboticist weaponized an exosuit (I don't know if they had permission but Security was not alerted to this) and after hearing there were spiders in engineering, charged down into the lower levels. Once arriving they shot at and nearly hit an officer. Following this, the Roboticist wasn't suspended, and from the outside looking in, it appeared as though she wasn't suspended in order to take her on the expedition. We were only told the Captain deferred to the RD.

14 minutes ago, niennab said:

I don't know the full details, and maybe you can help clarify for me, but I am concerned by a recent round. When a Roboticist weaponized an exosuit (I don't know if they had permission but Security was not alerted to this) and after hearing there were spiders in engineering, charged down into the lower levels. Once arriving they shot at and nearly hit an officer. Following this, the Roboticist wasn't suspended, and from the outside looking in, it appeared as though she wasn't suspended in order to take her on the expedition. We were only told the Captain deferred to the RD.

Hello!

Yes, a roboticist constructed a mech with a taser without asking anyone, and a warrant has been placed on him by the captain because of the accident in the engineering section. Security handled the case for a moment before releasing him, and the captain told me by radio to remind the roboticist about the regulations. So, I took him into my office and explained him (firmly) how to do a normal procedure (paperwork, radio, don't act like security), and that he can't use any weapons made in science outside of the department. As the captain told me that the offence was not really demotion/suspension worthy, and that I can't really suspend anyone without his stamp, I let him return to his work on non-weaponized projects. It is a question of point of view.

The roboticist I have taken with me on the expedition was Andersen, and the one who have been warned is Green, they were not the same.

So, the roboticist was referred to security by Xiao, and reprimanded, and they were later explicitly told they were not allowed to go on expedition. What I saw of it seemed to be handled pretty competently and by the book. Just echoing that the roboticist on the expedition was NOT the same.

Oh, I should add that while the RD was on expedition, the dumbass roboticist in question (I think the name was Kevin Green or something, but I'm horrible with names), was under consideration for suspension by the captain when they cryo'd.

Edit: Maybe someone else can fill in the detail, but from what I saw, in addittion to driving a mech outside science, they minimum acted aggressive and dismissive against the captain in the science channels.

P.S I was told I shouldn't post twice in a row. Sorry, I'm still learning.

Edited by Astra
Adding stuff instead of spamming with more replies.

Xiao seems to know what they're doing, and the rp from them is always enjoyable, a +1 from me.

And to add to the situation with the robotocist, I was the captain, the robotocist went to fight spiders, I got security to charge them for this, and told Xiao to have a talk with him, as my captain is a firm believer in second chances. After that, I was going to have security investigate a report about them trying to sell company property, and if it turned out to be true, most likely suspend them, but alas, they cryo'd. I didn't see any fault of medtech, in that, and they handled the situation as well as they could.

@MEDTECH Oh okay, thank you for clarifying. I have no issues then. I wasn't aware the Roboticist wasn't taken on the expedition. Having not seen them on the camera feed after the team left, I assumed they were present. There was a lot of unknowns that round so that's why I aimed to inquire first!

With that in mind, I'll also +1 you for when Ghoz was terrorizing Brandon in Robotics, you stuck around to ensure he was repaired.

You've been doing a decent job as Command, and while there are some things I believe you need to improve at, such as relations with coworkers, communication to both your staff and command, but more then anything, faxing. Learn how to properly fax, be it icly or oocly. When giving a situation report to Central, use the situation report fax, not general fax. Don't use cursive, and always make sure the fax actually sent. There have been times where you've said you sent a fax but we didn't receive one, or you sent a fax, got an "improper fax format" message, but didn't bother to even acknowledge it or attempt to send a fixed fax. I believe you can keep improving yourself as command and will make a great command player eventually so long as you keep an open mind to criticism and keep learning in the command role.

@Hepatica Thank you for the feedback, and sorry for the fax problem. I'll make sure to use it properly from now on. I was really thinking It was sent, and didn't knew how to react to the improper format. I'll keep learning, as perfection doesn't exist, and make sure to make up for the issues I had, like the ones I have corrected in this week of trial!

Edited by MEDTECH

@MEDTECH You've been doing a good job so far and I can tell you care about improving and bettering yourself as a Command player. I forgot to put it above, but I meant to give you a +1 as well. Don't worry about the fax issue, just wanted to make sure you knew the situation with it, maaany newer command players struggle with faxing properly at first.