Jump to content
firstact

Staff complaint - Arrow768

Recommended Posts

BYOND Key: Firstact
Staff BYOND Key: Arrow768
Game ID: N/A
Reason for complaint:

Logged on last night for D'Jars CCIA interview after not playing for an entire day and was met with a warning popup issued by arrow stating that having a character with any involvement with odin civil protection is not allowed, declaring it a special role, which would be akin to ERT, TCFL, etc. I was not approached in any way prior to this warning. I was never PM'd while playing, DM'd on discord, nothing at all. With this I believe the warning was applied on impulse since I've never been talked to about it before, and it was done almost immediately after I logged off. Arrow is on all three main discords, as am I, and my DMs are open. We both go by the same exact usernames and he could have easily reached out through the slightest bit of effort before making a decision. As for the context of the warning, I could see arrow being confused about the record and thinking D'Jar is a character to be played via dock security, since that would be an issue and has been shown in the past to be worthy of warning.

So, not only does this warning go against what I've discussed with staff in the past about how civil protection works (since it was barely stated on the wiki) but there's still multiple other characters active and inactive that are current or former civil protection staff. To say the entire internal security department, who's headquarters are located on the Odin, is invalid for any character remotely involved with the Aurora to hold just makes no sense to me. D'Jar has been active with civil protection and very open about it for nearly five years now, nearly the entire duration of the character. I have never once played him as dock sec/specialists. If this was ever an issue I don't think he and other characters would've been allowed to stay with civil protection for very long. If for some reason it was suddenly decided that civil protection is off-limits to touch then it wasn't announced or made clear, and would essentially just delete two of my characters.

TL;DR - I was warned with no contact or context about something that's never been an issue on Aurora for others.
Evidence/logs/etc:
5574895a997eac3402838a26091795c6.png.0bd86153db259d6bb7e45552d9c4ab8b.png

Link to post
10 minutes ago, firstact said:

I was not approached in any way prior to this warning. I was never PM'd while playing, DM'd on discord, nothing at all.

[2020-02-26 02:01:44.212] b5T-aenK ADMIN: PM: ShesTrying/(Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur)->Firstact/(D'Jar Sa'Kuate): Hey, got a sec?
[2020-02-26 02:01:58.149] b5T-aenK ADMIN: PM: Firstact/(D'Jar Sa'Kuate)->ShesTrying/(Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur): Sure
[2020-02-26 02:02:09.994] b5T-aenK ADMIN: PM: ShesTrying/(Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur)->Firstact/(D'Jar Sa'Kuate): Is your character an HOS, or an Odin officer?
[2020-02-26 02:02:33.320] b5T-aenK ADMIN: PM: Firstact/(D'Jar Sa'Kuate)->ShesTrying/(Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur): I decided to move him to officer after a long absence.
[2020-02-26 02:02:55.195] b5T-aenK ADMIN: PM: ShesTrying/(Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur)->Firstact/(D'Jar Sa'Kuate): Okay. Please keep them as an officer/hos, and not Odin sec then
[2020-02-26 02:06:33.091] b5T-aenK ADMIN: ShesTrying/(Ka'Akaix'Voa C'thur) has edited firstact's notes.

You were indeed spoken about this before.

 

13 minutes ago, firstact said:

So, not only does this warning go against what I've discussed with staff in the past about how civil protection works (since it was barely stated on the wiki) but there's still multiple other characters active and inactive that are current or former civil protection staff.

We had a small announcement on the discord about this before the warning was applied.

 

14 minutes ago, firstact said:

To say the entire internal security department, who's headquarters are located on the Odin, is invalid for any character remotely involved with the Aurora to hold just makes no sense to me. D'Jar has been active with civil protection and very open about it for nearly five years now, nearly the entire duration of the character.

Being part of odin security and working in the nss aurora are not allowed. I might even argue that is not possible for a Tajara, because the ghost role only allows human and skrell.

14 minutes ago, firstact said:

If for some reason it was suddenly decided that civil protection is off-limits to touch then it wasn't announced or made clear, and would essentially just delete two of my characters.

Unsure how being security and civil protection at the same time is essential for these two characters to exist. At worst is a small background change.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...