[Accepted]Niennab's CCIA Application

CCIA Staff Application

Basic Information

Byond key: Niennab

Character names: Z.I. Provenance, Khadija Al-Ashab, Gulrez, Z.I. Brandon, IRU-Sentiment, Aubrey Piper, Flotsam and Finley Greyson (as well as a few others that didn’t pan out as successfully as the names here).

Timezone: GMT+2

What times are you most available?: Early morning low-pop to mid day medium-pop of the European hours.

Experience

How long have you played SS13?: Beyond a few rounds played here and there, I came back to playing SS13 in 2019 and have been playing since.

How long have you played on Aurora?: Roughly 3 years.

How active on the forums, discord and/or server are you? I tend to float around the synthetic channels but I am fairly active on the forums, discord and server.

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: N/A

Have you ever volunteered as moderation staff for any other servers, SS13 or otherwise?: I was the Synthetic Maintainer for about a year and six months. By being the maintainer I worked with players to solidify character concepts, built upon the lore and moderated whitelists and rule breakers.

Do you have any other experience that you believe would be relevant to a position in the CCIA?: I think that generally my experience as a DM has offered me a broader understanding of balance when navigating narrative arcs and consequences. Although I think the above has more relevance.

Personality

Why do you want to join the CCIA?: I have always seen the CCIA as kind-of-DMs for the server when it comes to day-to-day matters which I find interesting. Lastly I think that CCIA would give me a healthy work/life balance when it comes to the server and my life outside of it.

What do you think are the most important qualities for a CCIA Agent to possess?: I think that it is important for someone on the CCIA team to possess an understanding of balance when it comes to dishing out punishments. Sometimes matters are going to come up that may require restraint just as there will be issues that call for severe punishments. Knowing how to navigate this is crucial and as far as I am aware, the present team handles this swimmingly.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is in an ongoing round?: I believe that the purpose of a CCIA Agent is to help facilitate, but not hand-hold the on-station characters during any given round. Something that is easier said than done.

What do you think the purpose of a CCIA Agent is outside of the server?: I believe the purpose of a CCIA agent outside of the round is to enforce the setting from a corporate standpoint. When it comes to Incident Reports, CCIA are by and large IC moderators. Ultimately, the CCIA enforce the more nuanced corporate dystopia of the Aurora setting. Arguably, although this might be a by-propduct of their existence rather than intended facilitation but, I think of Incident Reports and CCIA Agents as something that can offer the potential of an arc for a character. Consequences of Incident Reports make the world feel more alive and lived in.

How do you handle stress?: I feel as though I have the necessary tools at my disposal to deal with any hiccups. Typically I’ll go for a run if I am feeling exceptionally stressed, as an example.

How well do you work autonomously?: Once I know the parameters of my role, I can work autonomously.

Additional Notes:

Edited by The lancer
  • The lancer changed the title to [On-Trial]Niennab's CCIA Application
  • 2 months later...
  • The lancer changed the title to [Accepted]Niennab's CCIA Application
  • The lancer locked this topic