Feedback thread for Map Updates

detective closet is gridlocked in a corner. --Dupe report

No firing range, no extra sunglasses/2nd box of flashbangs.

No insanity ward. No brig infirm. --Medical is right next to you

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuke disk, pinpointer, premium cigar, flask, desk lamp are missing from captain's quarters desk. --Fixed

Hand tele is also missing from the open office desk. --Fixed

-Kitchen counter shutters need to have their sprite rotated to be vertical --Fixed

-Side Bar shutters face the same problem --Fixed

-The Arrivals Security Checkpoint has red floor tiles rather than blue ones --Fixed

-Brig briefing room binders should be blue, not red --Fixed

-The green Central Hallway tiles around Medbay follow the layout of the old medbay (look at the map I sent for the newer layout)

-Half of the Medbay's hallway has green tiling while the other half doesn't, plus some of it is placed weirdly --Done stuff, I'm not good at making things look good

-Each Recovery Room bed should have a small lightbulb by the locker, as the tinted windows make them quite dark. --Fixed

-Put the masks/gloves boxes in Chemistry inside of the chemistry wardrobe, and the boxes of pill bottles on the small individual table in medicine storage. The chemists' desks are already cluttered enough. --Swapped

-Odin Sec tiles should be changed to blue while we're at it, to match airlocks.

-Ian is missing from the HoP's office. --Fixed

Edited by Guest

Glad to see Cargo Tugs in Cargo instead of those traitorous MULE's. Now, if I were to only ask for one or two more things, they'd be in Viro.

1. A Medical HUD, since the ones out in MedBay seem to vanish like people in the plague. --Given one and added one extra in medical

2. Chests/Lockers to store Viral Samples and such in after you're done with them. Just having them lying around is a risk, as you can break them very easily. All it takes is accidentally clicking on them with something in your hand (even paper...O_o) --Added a locker

1. Evidence Lockup does not have Cadet access. --Intentional they are beginner security, reduced access.

2. The Security Locker Room is too large and feels like a waste of space.

3. Keycard Authentication Device is appearing in the Security Maintenance next to the Head of Security's office.

No where to keep mental patients at all, medbay might be a cross the hall but they do not have a room suited for mental patients either.

Captain's Quarters is a Death Trap. You'd think the highest ranking officer would have a secure place, not a target for Nuke Ops.

Sec locker room is bigger, yet all the lockers are still cramped into the bottom of the room. I'd recommend adding more or spacing out the lockers.

We have places to dump corpses in Evidence, but CSI doesn't have a facility to process corpses. Unless they wish to drag them across the hall to medical, which makes the Evidence closet's trays kind of redundant.

I'm really not a fan of this update, everything seems far too open for my liking. All the rooms are essentially large empty boxes with a few pieces of furniture thrown inside. The bar is far too big for any possible use, the botany area is just a long corridor with hydro-trays lining the walls, the pasture is a three by three room which is nowhere big enough for livestock to be kept. There is also no pool. Just most of the rooms seem waaay to big, and mostly consist of boring square rooms. Look at the HOP office for example long corridor with basic equipment thrown in. The brig lobby, a large square with chairs and a desk. it's just plain and repetitive and poorly planned and designed in my opinon.

In my opinion.. Most of the new rooms seem too big, even when they're filled out with furniture.

Take for example the bar/restaurant, huge workhouse botany area (with a very random super small garden for animals).. Security lobby as well and some hallways in the central ring too.

Another thing I hate is that the central ring is so open now.. So little privacy, even more so for hydronopics and the bartender, just feels weird to me. Perhaps turn all the outer windows into walls and keep the inner windows?

And ofcourse, the pool is missing! And adding it as an option to the holodeck feels a bit weird when we already have a beach mod. Why not just a separate room, with some privacy as well!

--Dupe

it's just plain and repetitive and poorly planned and designed in my opinon.

Seconded. With the caveat that Medbay is absolutely amazing. The rest is much, much worse than before.

Used to be, you walk down that corridor off the shuttle and you'd see the Command Area. The Captain might be in there, watching you go about your business. You think you should go to your assigned workplace and be productive. You'd think about jacking into EVA, but no, you're right next to Security and the Heads of Staff. Too risky.

Now, you come down that long corridor and immediately find... the bar! And, ooh, is this a zoo? Fuck work, I'm going to lounge here! I'll play on the holodeck with all my friends! If they want me to work, they better call Sec! Hardsuits for everybody!

It was bad enough that the Vault and Armory were exposed to space. But now the bridge, Captains office and AI core are now too. I just. I just can't. This is ridiculous and needs to stop.

--Limit discussion, bullet points and concise reports, please. Thank you.

Edited by Guest

I figured out why the robotics fabricators aren't syncing with R&D.

Their proc that syncs them to the computer uses "get_area" to find the R&D console, not "get_visible" or "get_range", so it doesn't matter how close the computer is to the fabricators, if it's in another area (the surgical area in robotics is 'assembly line' not 'mech bay'), it won't be able to be found.

To fix this, we could change how the fabricators find the console or we could just move the console into the mechbay.

--fixed used oview(src,num)

[*]Security lobby/holding cell blast doors have no control point. No way to drop them.

[*]Front Lobby desk in security does not have blast doors covering windows looking out into main hallway.

[*]Prison wing has no blast doors.

Personal Note:

I'm all for leaving a gap or two in the defenses for a crafty traitor to exploit. However, I do feel that the front lobby should have the ability to turtle fully, and, in the event of a attempted prison breakout/riot, security should have the ability to secure said area. Call me old fashioned and survival oriented.

The power monitoring console on the Bridge doesn't actually work. Says 'No Connection'.

Why did the Engineering section get a Drone Control console instead of a Central Atmospherics console or an Engineering Cameras console? --It's always been that way, and I don't agree with adding or swapping them over. There is no engineering cameras as you have access to sec cameras from the bridge.

* Genetics Lab: Please add a hand labeler and extra box of body bags to this area. This isn't a criticism of the current map, but a general request based on geneticis needs. (Labeling disks, mostly, and body bags for protohumans that have croaked.)

Pipe issue between incoming waste, the wall, and the filter loop in Atmos.

Also, we need a larger escape lounge. Its been filled to the brim before, and its especially bad with antags and flashbangs.

The flow in Medical from the scanner/sleepers to Cryo feels weird, and is a rather large distance which could be clogged by other people. See picture for possibly wall to remove to fix. (Or, you know, rearrange it and make it more open mabye?)

I doubt theres space for it, but a virology-style airlock to enter medical from the hallway, and isnt sealed off with the quarantine shutters, would be useful for dealing with especially nasty outbreaks.

Edit: The table of three rollerbeds in Medical needs a windoor. People like to steal those for some reason.

And clean up the reception desk. Its a mess.

Edited by Guest

Also, we need a larger escape lounge. Its been filled to the brim before, and its especially bad with antags and flashbangs.

This. On a related note, could we get a section of escape that is security-dedicated and attached to the security portion of the shuttle? I see it on a lot of stations, and I suspect it clears up a lot of the chaos.