[Resolved] Mirkolio

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I remember this purely because I had to roll out of bed to investigate this case into where the faxes were coming from. I feel like if a random person were to do this, they would have gotten a stern talking to and a ban for spamming. I do not personally see why this would be different.

A random person shouldn't get banned for doing this, on their first instance, either. Banning somebody for their first instance of something is a bit much, in my opinion, unless it's something related to outright grief. This was what this was. There was no previous incidents of this happening, and thus, the player was told to stop.

Warnings seem to do absolutely nothing, period. The playerbase is not afraid of your silly notes and player warning mechanics.

You do not establish a precedent and hammer it into people that they fucked up without outright threatening a ban or applying it.

A cop is not doing their job if they're only issuing citations to people who have repeatedly screwed up and have proven themselves to disregard the rules for what they are at any given opportunity for personal gain.

Stop being limp-noodles. Do something.

Yes, because giving everybody three-day/week/perma bans is a good idea, for every thing they do.

That's a pretty easy way to alienate people, if you're giving people bans for everything they do. If they know they're going to get banned for their first-slip up, they won't do anything at all.

There is a point where you can rule with an iron fist, but would it be worth being known as "that one admin/moderator/staff member who bans everybody for their first instance"? I think not, but if the general playerbase is supposedly more happy with staff members banning on their first instance, then maybe we have an issue.

And no, before somebody says "well, Mirk did (x)". I'm talking about spamming the faxes, which was what the ban request's original focus was.

We shouldn't act so pre-emptively. Mirkolio probably just doubts the DO will even fire him. IF he is fired and IF he makes Stamos v2, then OoC action should be taken.

That's ridiculous to an extreme. If he is so arrogant to say outright "I will evade any IC action" then you should react accordingly. bugger the IC action and skip to ooc action, the degree of poor behavior from Mirkolio in just the instances mention is pretty excessive, not to mention my own experience with him consistently being a bit of a valid-seeker and racist to a degree that even I(Who REALLY WISH more people would not ignore the settings inherent racism and xenophobia) think is excessive and would lead to demotion/removal/etc.

We can't just assume a shitler because someone says they're a shitler. A real shitler would lie. We shouldn't be banning people because they act arrogant. Again, I stated my theory about why Mirkolio is acting so arrogant. As the old meme goes, 'talk shit, get hit', except Mirkolio doesn't expect to get hit because the DO team has not set a precedence for firing people, and until they do they're honestly a laughable correction force because all they can do is tap people on the shoulders and say 'you probably shouldn't do that, man'. If you ask me, the DO team is the only thing here that's being ridiculous to an extreme.

It's gotten to the point where I don't play Igam when Stamos is on board, because I know at some point he's going to yell 'faggot' over the radio and then that's gonna be part of the round. I get it if he's a jerk, but no one who yells insults on every possible occasion would keep their job as long as Stamos has.

There's sort of an invisible line between ic harassment and just being a dick.

I think spamming someone ICly with words like 'faggot' is crossing that line. IC harassment should be done with the consent and understanding of the involved players, and if there's going to be an escalation (such as fights or REALLY hateful words), there should be clear understanding that the harassment is only ic.

Granted that Houssam is a corrupt cat who likes to steal money....but there's a lot of more tasteful ways to go about this.

TL;DR: Careful that when you harass people icly, you don't end of harassing them oocly...TALK to them first and get some understanding going. I believe in this case Mirk did violate the 'don't be a dick' rule.

Due to displaying conduct that is unsuitable for a whitelisted player, it has been decided that Mirkolio's head whitelist will be revoked.

Additionally, the IC issues regarding this conduct and roleplay will be addressed by the DOs.

Attempting to subvert or dodge any decision that DOs make regarding this, such as making a copy-paste character to dodge a demotion or termination of employment will result in a ban.

This thread will now be locked and archived.

If there are any further remarks of importance you would like to make, or objections regarding this, feel free to PM myself.