TES RP: Dragonhunt

Guest Bokaza

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dragons used to be a fairy tale told to tiny Nords to keep them from trouble, but the harshness and sadness of a civil war was reality. Plenty of coin to be made helping the children and women forget their woes." Strings nods his head sagely near the end of sentence. "Beside, the appreciate of Argonians has always been bleak and colourless. The happiness of Mer and man is more appealing."

The two of them would be coming into sights of Aela, Halla and Nicole. Aela raised her hand to greet them, "Hail." She would ask as they approached, "Have you found anything?"

as she thinks of some strategies on how she could get close to the dragon, she asks Aela. "What about legs? Dragons have four legs right? Though.. it would be a suicide to charge at its leg while it knows some one coming so he will sweep us away.." scratching her chin she pauses and rethinks... "I knew i should have brought a book about dragons.."

Aela turns to Nicole, "No... they have two powerful hind legs and winged arms in the front. Neither are weak spots. The tail is deadly. Your options are either jumping on its back, which may get you killed, or going for its head, trying to either finish it off, occupy it while it bleeds out from minor wounds."

As Nicole sits down on the ground and checks cleans her dagger from the action with the wolf, she remembers something to ask Aela.

"Now that we know this dragon is at fault.. What shall we do now? The dragon from what i recall isnt our primary target, but to confirm the cause of the attacks but we're only to get the coin for scouting.." as she shakes she's done with the cleaning, puts the dagger back into her steel greaves dagger sheathe, she cuddles up, hugging her legs. "One hundred septims isn't really much, but from what i've gotten today is enough.. But the dragon...." She sighs.. i wonder if you could make a sword out of its bones.. and a beautifull scaled steel armor!

Tamira turns to face Aela, Halla and Nicole, resting her eyes on Nicole for a moment before turning back to Aela. "Strange signs, a dead body, appeared to be a bandit in life. Wildlife has fled, and indications of some sort of acid." She gives an aside glance to Strings.

Strings motions to the rotten blood and viscera that coated his armour. "Tamira is right. Bandits, no animals. I think is most likely that the dragon has nothing to do with the missing people, and that the people were waylayed to whatever camp the dead one we found came from. If you would accept my musings, the four of us should look for the camp, and you should try and find the dragon's nest, liar, whatever they have."

Aela listens to their suggestions intently and nods.

"You've already found the lair." She adds, "The smell. It's how dragons mark their territory, almost like animals. You are lucky it didn't notice you."

Tries to hide her chuckle at Strings commenet, so she bows her head and hide it while she's still cuddled up. After she calmed down, with a small smile still on her face, she asks everyone. "So.. is there a chance the dragon itself was provoked and it only wanted to live in peace? If not.. what now?"

Aela adds, "Well... yes, it was only partially urine. Dung for the most part. Dragons only occasionally digest flesh, but when they do, the smell is enough to deter most creatures. The smell of brimstone and rotting corpses deters everything else." She turns to Nicole, "It is possible. The existence of a lair so close the town and other tracks tells me it's been here for a while. Longer than the villagers originally claimed. It's why we need to talk to those bandits. By force if need be. The Dragon itself is likely hibernating, so it hasn't noticed us."

Strings puts his hands up in front of his chest, waving them side to side, "Hold on. TALK to the bandits? Why would we waste our time with those brigands, if not to send their dirty souls to Lady Namira? We know it wasn't the dragon, we know where the dragon is. Let's just take care of the camp, and you can go back to your dragon hunting buddies and deal with the dragon at another time."

"We don't know their numbers and we don't know if the the Dragon did it yet. I am going to investigate the lair, you take whatever approach you want to the task, kill them if you want, but just asking to ransom the townsfolk back will save you a lot of trouble. Killing local bandits is not our task, our task is to find who's responsible."

As she nods, "Well guess it is bandit interogation time.. But do we know where they are? A fortress, camp or something? As much as i hate being near those bastards.. I'd say, let's see what they say. Who knows what we will find. As long as i have my back backed up, i wont mind stepping forward while an archer covers me atleast one of the bastards incase things get dicey!" she nods again and smiles, as she smacks her hand with her fist. "Im ready for some action, but still would like to come out alive of course.."

Strings nods over to Nicole, "Well, if we must hold hostilities against the brainless bandits until they inevitably try to kill us anyway, we'll have to let the Imperial speak to them. The body we found was a Nord, so Im willing to bet the rest are as well. And, well..." The sentence hangs on his tongue as he looks down over himself, and then over towards Tamira. and lastly over at Halla. "Well, I don't think they will be as receptive towards the rest of us."

Aela nods agreeably, "Yes, good luck with that. I am sure you are more than capable of handling this matter, find the truth, or the missing villagers." She points to the west, "Go that way, you'll find the site we found, where the dragon attacked them. Follow the footprints, from where they came from, back the their hideout." She glances at Halla and Nicole, "These two know the way."

As she checks her belongings again, and covers her face with a small scarf, she looks at the rest. "Allright people! Let's head out to the bandits camp and before we even greet them, it's best we talk strategy." smirks and holds her grip on her sheathe tighter.

"Let's watch each other people, and if this go well, let's have a great party at a local inn, and drink all their mead!" brightly smiles and raises her head high and looks at the sky. May fortune favors us all and we return safe!

Tamira stares at Nicole, her eyes narrowing. " Fortune and safety favor the prepared. " She frowns, runs her fingers along her satchels, like skeletal spiders. "Take this" she says as she fishes out a small narrow vial, the image of a three headed snake coiled onto it. " Cheap, old poison. Dulls the mind somewhat, makes them more impressionable, easier to manipulate. Tastes like pumpkin sweetrolls." Tamira holds out the poison to Nicole, not quite looking her in the eye.

As she takes the vial, she thoroughly inspects its, and looks at Tamira. "Huh.. thanks sister! Everything will help to know the truth or help us avoid bloodshed.. unless necesary.." She smiles and shows thumbs up at at Tamira, as she puts the vial carefully in her own satchel. "Think you could tell me how to use it or any tips on how to use it on bandits?"

Aela walks away from the group, east, towards the lair confident that they can handle it.

The group, supposedly, starts walking west to find the bandit attack site. They are going to need Halla from there, to follow the tracks back to the camp.

Halla

The footprints of the bandits seem to lead northeast, but that was after the attack. A bit ahead, they split up in the opposite directions. It is possible that following one of these will lead you to the bandit hideout, but considering that directions they are running at seem to be somewhat random, maybe finding the footprints coming to the area would be wiser. You think to yourself.