TES RP: Rescue

Guest Bokaza

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garvunn

The woman nods, "Yes, he is with the Thane, he informed us you may be coming." She steps by the doorway and gestures him to come in, "Please, come inside."

The manor appears to be of traditional build, with a large hall and a large fireplace at the end of it. A bit dark, but the fireplace gave it a cozy feel and lit the room quite well. No one else was inside the hall at the moment.

Zahgorim continues down the (paved?) path out of the town, making sure to watch the hillsides for bandits. He decides to sit down on a large rock on the side of the road a fair distance from Falkreath, not entirely sure how much farther the journey will take him. He scans the area around himself and attempts to spot out any movement in the vicinity - predators or prey.

Zahgorim

As he was sitting on the rock, a rabbit ran across the broken, paved road. Zahgorim thinks to himself. I probably won't find anything this close to the road. Maybe look for tracks or something else of note.

Rather than diluting the liquid, Talen-kai will merely collect the potions bringing his total to two health and three stamina potions. With the alchemical tasks completed, he throws all his dead and lost ingredients into a waste bin, and decides to go search for the scene of the thane's daughter's disappearance.

Garvunn

The housekeeper leads him though the building, up the stairs to a large room. An older Nord was sitting there, with gray hair and beard, and Bjorn next to him. The latter nodded in greeting. The nord, however, stared at him and asked, "You are the Companion that I've hired to return my daughter?"

Talen-kai

Where do you start looking? The town is large and your information is short. Maybe ask questions or search for answers some other way.

Talen-kai thought about where he could find Bjorn, then he remember that he told him at the Thane Silver-Stag's manor, which was at the middle of the village. Upon being asked, one of the locals looked at him strangely, then pointed at the manor in the middle of the town.

((Prolly, I'll put you on hold then, if you want))

Garvunn

Bjorn looked at the old man told him, "I'll handle it, my Thane."The Thane nods and waves his hand. Bjorn walks towards Garvunn and gestures him to leave the room. When they are outside the doorway, Bjorn asks, "What happened, friend?"

Bjorn puts his hand onto a wall and looks down for a few seconds, "Damn it... I knew this would happen." He looks back at Garvunn, "The night-trp, not the Orc." He sighs than says quietly, "Please, keep it between ourselves, but I believe someone may attempt to murder the Thane, during a night, it's when the kidnappings and murders happen. It's why I dread leaving his side at night."

Garvunn

Bjorn sighs, "A local priest of Arkay was killed recently. No one knows what happened, but his body was found near the Altar, dried of blood. The guard said they were investigating, but there were no results. Then a few more people went missing, with seemingly no witnesses or explanation. Few days later they blamed one of the locals, said he was a vampire and they found corpses in his basement. Folk were satisfied for a while, but... " He shakes his head, "You see where I'm going with this? Something extremely foul is afoot."

Garvunn runs a hand over his head, taking a deep breath. "Alright. Way I see this, you stay here and protect your thane, or" he paused for a moment, mulling over his words. "You can try leaving him in someone's company while we're gone. Like the guards, or.." He waved his hands uncertainly. "You know. Look, how sure are we that it was hagravens who took his daughter?"

Bjorn shook his head, "I'm not. I doubt the Hagravens alone could kidnap someone from the village. They either have followers in the town... or." He sighs, "I am sorry for the deception, but I knew not who I could trust, so I had to tell people they were Hagravens. I would've lead you and explained on the way, however, I did not lie concerning the location itself. I tracked the footsteps where I told you, the cave itself, rumored to have a Hagraven Coven." He looks around a bit, "We can do it in the morning, or we can do it during the night. I think the Thane would want me to get his daughter back, even if it means leaving him in peril. I have not confirmed any threat, at the moment, but the Jarl is deathly ill, long past his age and Thane Silver-Stag is likely to be elected as a successor. As a former Stormcloak, he holds respect with the High King."

He nodded, biting his lip and considering the options. "We stick to the plan, then. Leave by sunset, likely find the cave by night..With any luck, those vampires will be far too occupied to commit any other atrocities tonight." Garvunn frowned. "I just hope the orc hasn't damned himself by trying to find that cave alone. Can you be ready to leave by nightfall?"

Zahgorim

Zahgorim, sitting with his arms crossed on his favorite roadside boulder, attempts to locate any cave entrances on the hill/mountainsides surrounding the road as he then idly sharpens his axe with a smooth rock.
Gameworld, IC rules & GMing

• This Skyrim is magnitudes larger than the game one. Bandit to civilian ratio isn't 20:1, it's 1:50.

Zahgorim attempts to scan the countryside. Alas, there are many tall trees around him. In fact, the road seems to be going through a middle of a forest. Because of the trees, he cannot see the far mountains properly, thus fails to see anything.

Garvunn

Bjorn nods, "I will. In the meanwhile, please, try checking the town if you can find anything."

Bjorn said, "Alright, I'll let you out." A hard knock could be heard on the door just as Bjorn was about to open the door. He opened it, and Talen-kai was standing there. "Hello, we just finished discussing... the issues. Garvunn will fill you in."