Community Input Required: Donations

Skull132

<t>Are you willing to trust us to use Patreon in combination with PayPal to manage donations?</t>  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, I'm glad its a unanimous rejection of donor perks. I'll take unanimously declined over contentiously accepted suggestions any day.

Pff, people read threads? Nobody would ever dare. And me? False-flagging pay-to-win to see it soundly rejected so we don't get pay-to-win? Tisk tisk. What an allegation.

Sonic, did you even read the thread?

It is pretty much unanimous that we aren't doing donations as part of benefits.

I mean, not counting Nikov, but I'm pretty sure they were composting for the sake of it.

Everyone else has pretty much agreed this is for the benefit of the server being up and nothing else.

No, I was lazy

Guest Complete Garbage
Custom items would be cool, kinda what CM does. Of course if we had the spriters for it...

We already have custom items.

But not all get accepted

Because we want to ensure that custom items follow community standards and actually add substance to a character.

Custom items would be cool, kinda what CM does. Of course if we had the spriters for it...

We already have custom items.

But not all get accepted

No group of the community is given the ability to bypass the established application procedures. Even admins, whitelist managers, whoever; need to apply for their whitelists, just like every other player. Thus, everyone has the risk of getting their application denied. I do not see any legitimate need to make an exception to this core policy.

"A donation is an act of charity, and should not be considered payment for a service or product."

Guest Menown

Donations in exchange for custom items runs the risk of game-balance ruining items (Jace's Toolbelt).

I'd happily donate money for the server itself, but only if I don't get anything for it. Having Aurora is the only repayment I'd really need.

I'd happily donate money for the server itself, but only if I don't get anything for it. Having Aurora is the only repayment I'd really need.

Something that other people take for granted.

I'm also willing to donate to help ensure the longevity of the server, and would very much prefer avoid having any perks associated with donation. The act of donation should be a token of appreciation, from the enjoyment we've had on this server, because I don't think I'm the only one to think I've had more fun here than some of the AAA titles out there.