WIZARD - 13 votes.

CHANGELING - 0 votes.

CULT - 15 votes.

AUTOTRAITOR - 10 votes.

VAMPIRE - 10 votes.

HEIST - 0 votes.

REVOLUTION - 0 votes.

NINJA - 10 votes.

Extended = 30 votes (that don't count for anything now due to majority vote)

Non-Extended = 70 (that do count due to majority vote)

Of the Non-Extended

MALFUNCTION - 5 votes. --- ~8%

MERCENARY - 7 votes. --- 10%

WIZARD - 13 votes. --- ~19%

CULT - 15 votes. --- ~22%

AUTOTRAITOR - 10 votes. --- ~14%

VAMPIRE - 10 votes. --- ~14%

NINJA - 10 votes. --- ~14%

From that, a random dice is cast and lands on MalfAI because the 13% came up.

Now...

30 people wanted Extended

65 wanted something specific OTHER than Malf AI

5 people wanted Malf AI, and got lucky.

5% of the players are now happy they got what they wanted, and the other 95% are forced to play in a round they may not like as they specifically voted against it.

The idea of Secret is that you're voting for "nobody knows and it might be Extended". That's quite literally the point of voting Secret, which appeals to most people. I don't want to know if there's an antag as a regular person. And if there is an antag, I don't want to know what it is. Needing to know there is an antag or what kind of antag there is only helps with meta gaming. Beyond that, Secret eliminates it for at least a while.

[mention]Korinra[/mention] , if you're refering to what [mention]ForgottenTraveller[/mention] said then no, that is not how he means. In your example it would be like this.

Extended got the most votes of any game mode so it gets 50% of the chance. NOW we start distributing by percentages.

Since none of the numbers in your example came below 5% of the total, I'm going to nudge MALF to 4 and give the extra to AUTORTRAITOR. Ok so MALF now has 4%, they're eliminated and their 4% are evenly split between all other options above 5%. The rest of the percentage are now distributed (for the sake of sanity here I will not take into account the transfered % from MALF).

Ok Extended had 50% from being the one with the most votes and now gets an additional 15% (30% of total /2 because half went to majority winner), so gets 65%

MERCENARY - 7 votes. --- 3.5%

WIZARD - 13 votes. --- 6.5%

CULT - 15 votes. --- 7.5%

AUTOTRAITOR - 11 votes. --- 5.5%

VAMPIRE - 10 votes. --- 5%

NINJA - 10 votes. --- 5%

(you'll notice some 2% missing because I didn't want to add in the removed MALF votes and make it more confusing, but all the other gamemodes (including extended) would all share the 2% chance (from the 4% of the votes) of MALF)

I really can't make it much clearer in this forum format... our current system of voting is a classic First-Past-the-Post system. [mention]Kaed[/mention] is suggesting a direct proportionality system of some sort. [mention]ForgottenTraveller[/mention] is suggesting a type of Mixed-Member-Proportional with a % cutoff for very lowly selected options.

This is a video on Mixed-Member-Proportional by a youtuber who's done great videos on these voting types that I think are easy to understand.

I'm just going to sneakily edit this link of First-Past-the-Post in too, which is pretty much what we have now (imagine that gorilla is extended, leopard is secret and tiger is crossfire for added "fun")

• 2 weeks later...

I let this topic stir for a while and a lot of back and forth both on staff discord and the forums has resulted in us in denying this suggestion.

We went over the fact that this suggestion in itself isn't really more or less fair, it's another one based on random percentages. The only difference is that the percentages are based round by round as opposed to ours which are based by a config file that only certain people can modify. There's also another issue which is the fact that "extended" will be visible if it was selected, which while not 100% the same as the other suggestions, does yield the same outcome which we do not want. Clear cut Y/N on antags for a round on secret/random is not something we want at all.

Suggestion denied.