[CLOSED] Dionaea Can't be Sanic 2: Medical Bogaloo

Another position that was brought to my attention that should be realistically restricted form Dionaea for reasons similar to my Security Officer restriction thread, I want to remove the ability for Dionaea to play as Medical emergency response roles: EMT and paramedics. Their job is to respond to an emergency within a reasonable amount of time to reach a patient who's quickly running out of theirs. It would be a huge liability/ethics issue for this to be realistically allowed, as for this job they have to be physically fit and reach a site quickly, stabilize a patient, and bring them in for treatment. In this case? NT would basically be paying a Dionae to bring back a cadaver in 80% of most cases, ironically. And those that do make it into medical's doors would shortly find their way into the morgue because the treatments would be too late anyways.

"But what about the Odysseus?" That is an excellent point, and I've joyridden around as a Dionae in one, and let me tell you. I felt like a God. But the fact is that the EMT garage doesn't always get one: it's somewhat rare because the station doesn't always get a Mechatronic Engineer, and their competency comes into play as well. "Can't you just ask to have one in the garage to start with?" No, as that would take away both work for the ME, and a reward to request for Medical from Research.

But don't worry. This is only the restriction of one job slot from Medical and Security both, not restricting the entire department, leaving the rest untouched and would be balanced out by a new Department Staff position that I wish to allow, namely the Head of Personnel occupation.

Edit: This is a species whitelist role restriction request.

Edited by Guest
  • 4 weeks later...