Chromomorphic Poncho

BYOND Key: Kaedwuff

Character name: Ickthar Slithiss (and maybe my shaman, Arizi Ezrsozal)

Item name: Chromomorphic Poncho

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

For religious and expression purposes.

Item function(s): It's a poncho that changes colors to look like different poncho types.

Item description: 07dbca21b8b8d418f9fced7539aa91a3.png

Item appearance: See above

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

The different forms of poncho design can be used to represent different functions of duty or religious purposes.

Additional comments:

For a long time I liked the idea of bringing multiple ponchos onto the station via the loadout, so I could wear different ones for other religious occasions, but with recent changes to loadout selection code, this is now impossible.

So made the code for an item that accomplishes the task of bringing every default poncho into play at once.

https://gyazo.com/21f12235e457416ed3a4aa1d5ba3be4b

As you can see here, I've cleverly cut out the non-standard fluff poncho designs that people have for their own custom items, in addition to cleaning up poncho code a little bit so that the '(classic) poncho' is relabeled as a 'tan poncho' under poncho/tan in every iteration, instead of just 'poncho/'

If the item is accepted, I may also add a few special designs of my own to the chromomorphic poncho list, like an NT themed one for sucking up to the superiors, a black one for funerals, etc.

I don't want to put any work into doing new art though until I'm sure this item is going to go somewhere, because that would make me depressed.

I really enjoy the cyberpunkish idea of chameleon-clothes that change fantastically in an instant, so it would be a joy to see another example of it that isn't relegated to antagonism. Your stated use for it is to adapt to specific ceremonial situations, but I'm also entertained by its potential as just a party trick.

Would you be willing to make this publicly available?

I mean, in theory, it could be, but I'd probably want a customized version that has some of my personal choices choices for poncho designs (that I sprite myself) built in. Putting this in the game publicly would sort of make all the basic ponchos obsolete, though I'm not sure if that would necessarily be a bad thing. Alternatively/additionally, I could release these extra poncho choices as regular options in the loadout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What if I put this one here with special Poncho designs for my head of personnel character, and add the generic one to the load out?

Sorry for the long wait, I totally forgot about your app. >>;;

I assume by generic one you mean a chromorphic poncho that only changes between the standard ones?

What if I put this one here with special Poncho designs for my head of personnel character, and add the generic one to the load out?

Sorry for the long wait, I totally forgot about your app. >>;;

I assume by generic one you mean a chromorphic poncho that only changes between the standard ones?

Yes. It can cost like 4-5 points because you're basically buying 5 flavors of poncho at once. If that's how balance works.

• 1 month later...