Tiffany Richards' father's guitar

Catnip

BYOND Key: SirCatnip

Character name: Tiffany Richards

Item name: old guitar

Why is your character carrying said item to work? It is a large part of the reason she carries a duffelbag with her at basically all times. While she is unlikely to be seen playing it at work, she carries the guitar with her whenever she is able, for sentimental value, and some semblence of luck in this fancy system so far from home.

Item function(s): Would like for the ability to destroy it to remain, because why not. Actual musical functions not required, it would be nice but they aren't exactly easy on the ears.

The ability to sling it over the backpack slot would be amazing, but I understand that's a lot of work for little payoff, so again, not required by any means.

Item description: It's an old, and beat up acoustic guitar made out of wood. The edges are chipped and there are various signs of repaired damages. You can just barely make out the name 'Jaco' carved into the wood on the back.

Item appearance: Regular old guitar sprite, a slightly beat up looking variant would be great but I understand that is a lot of work.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? This is the only item Tiff has kept close by her side in all her travels, and the only descript item that can be linked back to her home and her father, being the absolute main inspiration in her life and somebody she thinks about every day.

Additional comments: no hes not dead lol

Why carry such a treasured, important, irreplaceable heirloom to work every day tho

Especially something that big and fragile

That is a good question, the answer makes more sense to somebody who doesn't trust a home/apartment not to be robbed. Of course, why would anyone steal a dusty old guitar from an apartment anyway?

The character historically comes and goes, she travels sporadically and this is one of the only items she treasures enough to have by her side in an otherwise mostly empty duffel (or in a locker) when doing so.

Will this just kind of be a conversation starter for the locker room, arrivals, or departures? Just someone sees the guitar and asks about it, Richards says something about it and get a little bit of banter on it? If that's the goal I like it. A little odd, but you explained how Richards lives, so I kind of get it.

also, of course the strings are replaced. if you own a guitar, you replace the strings every month or two, they get nasty pretty quick

Here's where it becomes obvious I've never owned a stringed instrument in my life :^). Slight edit made to the flavour text.

Will this just kind of be a conversation starter for the locker room, arrivals, or departures? Just someone sees the guitar and asks about it, Richards says something about it and get a little bit of banter on it?

Yeah, pretty much. It's not going to be something I carry around all the time but it will be something that shows almost every round during prep and departure. Hoping that it catches on subtly, and leaves room for antags to engage turbo-bully.

No instruments. Apparently I've never put that in the custom item guidelines, but yeah, no instruments whatsoever. Not to mention she plays security. "she carries the guitar with her whenever she is able, for sentimental value, and some semblence of luck in this fancy system so far from home." I don't see why you would carry that with you on a job where it could definitely be broken unless you were going to keep it in your locker through the whole shift since it states "whenever she is able". In which case, why even have it at that point?

Application denied.