Kane DeWitt's Snazzy Suit and Photograph

Kane

BYOND Key: Mad_Max_97

Character name: Kane DeWitt

Item name: hard-worn suit (if the photo is to be a separate item, I'd like it to be named something along the lines of 'faded photograph')

Why is your character carrying said item to work? Kane is, by profession, a private detective. He tries to maintain a somewhat professional appearance, while still staying casual. He's worked hard to start his own agency and believes that he may as well wear something half-decent, whether he's an assistant or a detective.

Item function(s):Just a plain old uniform item, it has no special features what-so-ever, except roll-able sleeves? Perhaps make the photograph a separate item that can be removed from or replaced onto the outfit?

Item description: A classic hard-worn suit, worn with a snazzy red vest. A laminated photograph of a young, dark-haired woman has been stitched into the breast pocket of the vest.

Item appearance: I have the icons prepared, it's just the detective's outfit, with a red vest.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? A unique outfit helps distinguish a character, yes, but the really important part is the photograph sewn into the pocket, hidden away. (Assuming I can remove and replace the photograph, it'd be great to pull out and reminisce about, or I could even /me out him peeking into a pocket, and scowling like a miserable bastard ) Most people don't know Kane's backstory, I assume, but I plan on making it (at least somewhat) more widely-known, and this item should* help. I could flesh out his backstory here, but I'd prefer to leave it to discovery. (Not saying I won't be happy to answer any appropriate questions related to this!) Though, I would like to state that Kane's history has been rewritten a bit.

Additional comments: I'd like to get back into playing Kane more often, but I think I'd like to have something that helps distinguish him, and reinforce the presence of his actually-existent backstory, separating him from your typical assistant, and even make him a more interesting detective. The photograph is of Kane's late wife. Feedback on my app (Even on Kane DeWitt) would be great.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

You have a very bad habit of being here one week, gone for a month, being here a few days, gone for half a year, etc. Since this app has been opened, I've seen you on server maybe two times and I'm hazy on the second time. So I'm going to put off accepting this until the second time I go through custom items per month. If your activity hasn't improved much since, then I'll be denying most likely.

• 3 weeks later...