Matthew Rayburn's Security Medal

BYOND Key: Lord_Balkara

Character name: Matthew Rayburn

Item name: robust security award

Why is your character carrying said item to work?: He got it canonically in an extended round, and is obviously proud of it.

Item function(s): Just an accessory.

Item description: The default is fine.

Item appearance: The default is fine.

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?: Well obviously his award would make him more interesting as a character, and he's proud of it. People may see it and ask how he got it.

Additional comments: I would understand if you refused had I not earned the medal, but given that I canonically earned it and was awarded it in an extended round, I think it would make sense for me to have it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was a Security Cadet, but ironically enough I earned it assisting with medical since it was just a borg and a dying doctor. I was the borg's hands, and the doctor probably would have died, leaving only the borg to staff medical, had I not helped. It was during an extended round and other people received medals as well, because someone went bonkers for whatever reason, and they helped fight them.

EDIT: According to the HoS who gave me the medal it was for, paraphrasing here, "Remembering Security isn't just about beating up the bad guys, but helping the good guys."

• 4 weeks later...