CCIA 8th Wave Recruitment

If you wish to apply, fill out the form, then either PM it to me, or post it in this thread.

Looking to only recruit 2-3 successful applicants.

[b]Byond key:[/b]
[b]Character names:[/b]
[b]What times are you available? In GMT: [/b]
[b]Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar.[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be a Duty Officer?[/b]
[b]How well can you handle stress?[/b]
[b]What does it mean to be a Duty Officer?[/b]
[b]How active on the forums and server are you?[/b]
[b]Anything else to add?[/b]

Byond key: SierraKomodo

Character names: Amos McBell, Ariana Eshlian, Azaela Nejem, D'ar'rhe Mia'asika'zar, E.C.O.M., Miraj Zi'Ad, Katana Silvers, Rasine Ha'kim, Kylan Lo'Rah, Johnathan Rase, Saite Kesra, Samantha Black, Siiead Kesra, Sarah Wolfe, Jack Wolfe, Sean Zelios, Sairis Helosi, Zakiya Ahmad, Ziva Ta'kim, Tali Mi'hil, Titus Young II, Kunai, Zakiya Ahmad

What times are you available? In GMT: Varying. My work doesn't have a set schedule. Typically 6PM GMT to 6AM GMT

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. Yes; I also have experience as CCIA and forum moderating on Aurora; I left last time because I spread myself way too thin between custom item stuff, the aurora web interface, forum moderating, CCIA, personal projects, and my job.

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? I'd like to get back into helping get through these incident reports, handling in game faxxes, and doing a few things here and there to help spice up rounds every now and then like I had before as a duty officer. Also, they keep asking me when I'm coming back.

How well can you handle stress? I'm honestly not sure if this is the best way to handle things, but I tend to take a break for awhile if things get really bad - On aurora, that usually involves going SSD for about half an hour, or skipping a round that I otherwise would have joined in on. There are times where I'll throw a message out there I shouldn't have sent before leaving, acting without thinking, but that isn't as common now (Been working on it).

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? It's a position of responsibility and some power, and means that we're the ones that ICly handle IC issues, particularly those from repeat offenders that are reported in the incident reports threads. The point of this being not to flex our power or focus on punishments, but to provide IC incentive and consequences for character's actions. Also, to fuck bitches and talk about Tajaran penises in dosay.

How active on the forums and server are you? I'm on every day, although I'm more of a forum lurker than a forum poster these days.

Anything else to add? I won't be returning Jonathan Rase; He's permanently retired. I'll either bring on Sarah Wolfe, or come up with a new CCIA.

Byond key: Girdo

Character names: Jacob Inferi (Roboticist/Synth Expert), Halios (AI/Android), Gardan Delzi (Security Officer/Warden)

What times are you available? In GMT: On weekends, I'm active from 1 PM GMT - 10 AM GMT. On weekdays, my time is greatly reduced to the range of about 8 PM GMT - 5 AM GMT

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. I've been both a forum moderator and server moderator on a smaller Baycode server called Soapstation. It's playerbase died out after about a year, but the experiences I had with the formerly large community were quite informative and helpful as far as moderating.

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? Internal Affairs master race In all seriousness, Internal Affairs has long been my favorite role on SS13. Stunbatons are all well and good, but sometimes someone's unethical or against company interests, but hasn't committed a crime. A single very well written fax later, and you can make or break someone's career. The "desk jockey who holds as much company power as he's willing to use" is a really cool role to play. The only thing better than that? Being the guy on the Odin who responds to those faxes, providing direction and stability to the Aurora from a comfortable distance.

How well can you handle stress? Thanks to my previous moderating experience, I don't get stressed out nearly as easily as I once did. I've learned to handle multiple people ahelping accusations, threats, and other jumbled nonsense, and managed to calmly sort through it all. At my very worst, I'll quickly excuse myself for a very brief period from the game and cool off, reminding myself that yes, it IS just a game, be polite and professional, and then return once I'm capable of continuing in the stressful situation.

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? Basketball games, bikini-clad Tajaran supermodels, and authority to drag the ERT on a trip to the spess mall Duty Officers are the Odin correspondents with the Internal Affairs office and other systems on the Aurora. Duty Officers monitor and respond to faxes, provide Central Command messages to the Aurora, and otherwise act as off-site administrators to the station that keep everything functioning and alerted. You should be better trained than a Head of Staff, and in complete control of yourself, responding to faxes and incident reports politely, politically, and professionally.

How active on the forums and server are you? While I haven't been active in the past due to OOC issues, I've now established a permanent residence on Aurora, and I should be active on the forums and server multiple times every day.

Anything else to add? Never had a chance to yell this before now....

INTERNAL AFFAIRS MASTER RACE

Byond key: Coolbc2000

Character names: Mark Syion, Tyrone Syion

What times are you available? In GMT: GMT+1

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. Yes, Minecraft servers here and there, GM's on multiple servers.

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer?

I wanted to take the one from my last app

Why do I want to be a DO Officer... I just really want to contribute to the server, I have been playing for around a year now and I really want to /do/ something. Moderating is a thing...But... I think DO is where I would really shine.

How well can you handle stress? Very well, work comes with the benefits of getting use to it...

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? DO are kind of like... DMs in'a sort of way. Playing how the round goes, helping here and there. Of course, sorting complaints people have, can't have those people who just attack good working people on the station.

How active on the forums and server are you? Daily, like... I should really stop..

Anything else to add? Nooope.

Byond key: Icy_dew

Character names: Simon Greene, Nathan Beckett, Edward Fleming, DIO

What times are you available? In GMT: mostly from 1 PM to 7 PM

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. I haven't had alot of experience on ss13 (tho i always call out people doing stuff wrong), but i have had experience in modding on other things.

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? To be able to interact with the station, without being there and actually acting inside of it. Or be an extension of the IAA, as acting upon things you could do, that would be bad, but not a direct breach of regulations. ((plus, i heard this is very limited so i have to take the chance))

How well can you handle stress? I can handle stress pretty well. ((CMO, 1 doctor no chemists and more than 3 patients non stop well)) But it sometimes gets too hectic for me to handle, so sometimes i just can't do it anymore.

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? To act upon any outside things of the station, or some in it. Be it respond to a fax about murdering vox heisters, or sending an announcement regarding the current political views on, vaurca, whoever remembers them.

How active on the forums and server are you? I am very active currently, though i will soon be able to participate a little less ingame, because of school.

Anything else to add?

i'd probably need someone to really show me how it all perfectly works, as i have a problem with learning via reading, so i'd need someone to show it.

Code: Select all

Byond key: Pyrociraptor

Character names: Jonathan Joleculington , Helmut Kronigernischultz, Explorator (Shaft Miner), Emmerich Mullerizoschulizt, Sophia Misrebelt ,PyroBOT, Treilis (For ERT), Eric Treirimel.

What times are you available? In GMT: Usually from 4 pm to 9 pm during week, all time during sunday/saturday

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. A bit on SS13, but mostly on other games (alway Related to Roleplay Moderation.)

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? Jokes apart, I want to play a new role that involve about making sure the station doesn't implode because of peoples hating each others.

How well can you handle stress? Stress isn't much of an issue for me, as the hard part of my jobs create a lot of stress (Where a simple mistake lead to being fired), and I handle it pretty well.

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? the DO is here to make sure the station doesn't fall apart from the inside because peoples are hating each other, reducing productivity inside the station, and thus profit. (Aka what NT DOESN'T want to happen). Its also about responding to faxes, either about the Captain not doing his job to everyone being cut apart by some madmen in robes.

How active on the forums and server are you? I am now here everyday, either on the server than the forum. Though more active on the forum during day and on the server during evening/night.

Anything else to add? I'll may need a quick formation. Either from Mofo or Whiterabit

Byond key: LimoDish

Character names: 1. N.A.M.E [borg, Janitor] 2. Van Borislav [Human, Mainly Assistant or Engineering Assistant]

What times are you available? In GMT: 7:40 AM GMT [3:40 PM EST] - 1:45 AM [9:45 PM EST]

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. I am Moderator in a G-Mod server and a few other servers on there and i have A LOT of experience, but i may have forgotten things [like 1 or 2]

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? I think it'd help the server out a lot and it'd be alot more RP-ish/Fun-ish.

How well can you handle stress? I can handle it pretty well, i have raged before but it was taken too far before i raged, but i can control myself and i'm pretty mature.

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? It means a lot cause Aurora is one of my favorite servers. [second Favorite] and i'd like to be more active on it but unfortunately school has started and i will not be as active as i WANT to be.

How active on the forums and server are you? I was inactive until today, but i will definitely be more active, I guarantee it.

Anything else to add? I may not be active ALL day but i am available all day, unless im going somewhere, so most days i'll be available but not all days.

Byond key: Beanie32142

Character names: Dan West, M.O.N.T.A.N.A., Aubrey Graham. (Dan West would be the CCIA in question)

What times are you available? In GMT: 6:30pm to the early hours of the morning, sometimes in the morning but usually play over night.

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. I have been a moderator/admin on a few forums for other games, and was a mod on Hypatia station for a very brief time before they shut down.

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? I love the bureaucracy of the game, and am fully confident in my abilities to handle cases professionally. Also seems like it would be good fun.

How well can you handle stress? As far as it applies to moderating and SS13, very well.

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? To deal with official complaints, monitor the forums for said complaints, deal with them in a respectful but firm (if needed) way.

How active on the forums and server are you? Don't post a lot on the forums but check them every day and I'm on the server nearly every day as well

Anything else to add? Feel free to hit me up in server if you have any questions. I feel I could handle this very well. Also if posting a whitelist application would help my chances here that's more than doable. Let me know. :)

Byond key: w3bster

Character names: Ahren Hawkins, Fay Newton, Driscoll Jackson, Frederick Brinkmann as well as many random named borgs.

What times are you available? In GMT: (Green : Available. Red : Unavailable. Time on the left. "MAIN" is EST.) http://i.imgur.com/2yUdez2.png

Do you have any experience with Moderating? Or similar. Indeed. Administrator of two-three different SS13 stations. Mostly HeavyRP.

Why do you want to be a Duty Officer? Mostly to assist the station and roleplay further than the limited bounds of a normal crew member. Also to discover the server and it's people more, as well as deeper knowledge of the characters, lore and others. Also simply because I wish to assist other CCIAAs.

How well can you handle stress? Stress is part of my daily life now. I either block it out or just accept it and act as I normally would.Not one time where it really affected me in the last few years.

What does it mean to be a Duty Officer? For me, DO means lifting a weight off the moderation and administration firsthand. I remember back when I was a HeavyRP admin. We were constantly harassed with people complaining about X or Y person not doing their job as they should by IC standards and all, and as much as we told them to deal with it ICly, they never had any consequences for their behavior and we were forced to act as the RP police, which prevented us from dealing with the true troublemakers. DOs take care of that part and add an element of danger for those who do not take their behavior seriously, as well as furthers the roleplay by giving life to Central Command and Administrative staff (IC). With it, also comes the aspect of taking time out of what you would usually use to play in order to read every new report, coordinate with fellow CCIAA, monitor who's on the server and if you can assess a report IC, ETC. Hence, you must be willing to sacrifice game time for CCIAA time. Being a DO also means being impartial. As well as not acting above our boundaries. In the end, DOs are simply DOs. Not moderators, not administrators.

How active on the forums and server are you? Server, mostly always on in the green squares in my available time. Forums, mostly a heavy lurker since I only recently returned to the server.

Anything else to add? Only recently have I come back on the server, but I'm already on track. I complain a lot in dead chat, but no harm was done. I can be as professional as I can whine.

• 4 weeks later...