Moving Forward. April Update

Faris

Hello everyone, hope you’re all doing wonderful. It’s been awhile since we’ve addressed the community as a whole regarding our progression with the server and its standards. Consider this part of our April updates.

So, first of all, as we all know, democracy is the proper form of management of any establishment, it's why we request and at times require community input and voting on a lot of proceedings. We’ve decided to introduce a community manager role in the near future, elected by the community itself. No present member of staff can apply for said position. We will be looking for the most vocal and opinionated members of this community. Do note that applications are NOT open yet as we need to draw certain guidelines. With that being said, you CAN nominate yourself or others for this position in this thread, to give us an idea.

Secondly, with our push towards a believable atmosphere, we’ve as you’ve noticed been making strides towards improving this atmosphere, permitting more immersive and believable interactions by the crew. We’re going to continue on by gradually permitting more adult themes into the roleplaying atmosphere of Aurora. As you’ve all known already, romance and affection have been permitted but on the downlow. In our legitimization thread which should hopefully be released in two weeks time, we’ll discuss how we’ll return Erotic RolePlay back into Aurora. This is a response to a lot of private feedback sent to us as staff. The guidelines will establish when it’s alright and when it is not. Note that this does not mean ERP is permitted yet.

Thirdly, per our trial in which we added Vox as possible station goers in the form of merchant. We decided to further advance the lore by the slow addition of adding Vox element to the crew similar in which the fashion of Vaurca being introduced. It may be possible for us to introduce them for the new month but no guarantees just yet.

Fourth of all. For April fools itself, the development team is going to introduce a few neat things for the community to mess around in. My lips are sealed unless they themselves decide to divulge it all.

Fifthly, in response to the plethora of threads regarding game modes, probabilities and revoting. We’ve decided to work on a reshuffle voting/probability mechanic for the secret rotation. Essentially instead of us modifying the probability every now and then, the players can vote whenever they want for a reshuffle, permitting them to change the probability. So in theory, you could make a round of Infiltration have a chance of 20%. Though disclaimer, extended cannot be lower than 7% or 5% depending on the population. You can review our other posts on why we’re doing this for extended.

Concerns? Thoughts? Go ahead and post them. I’m very interested in the opinion of the community at large. Don’t forget to nominate your proposed Community Manager, even if it's yourself!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think whoever plays Lunea Discata would work well as a community manager (I only know their IC name). Seeing as they're pretty active on the relay and run the Shipping Manifest now. I mean that's mostly an 'good IC examples' list too so, take that as you will.

That's an admin.

If ERP is allowed, may we allow OOC ERP?

You may have not heard of this style, (you aurora people know a lot of styles though) and frankly OOC ERP really gets me going if you know what I mean. I like it between staff members and me, but that's a personal thing (I like dominance). I really hope that with this new law coming, OOC ERP would also be allowed for Aurora station. Usually how it goes is a staff member spawns two empty dummies that me and anyone else are transported into, and we begin ERPing as normal ( ;} ). Not as characters, but as fellow members or staff members. ERP is meant for our pee pees to get hard, and this is just one way for it. Thank you! I really hope OOC ERP will be allowed.

Concerns? Thoughts? Go ahead and post them.

Yessir.

So, first of all, as we all know, democracy is the proper form of management of any establishment, it's why we request and at times require community input and voting on a lot of proceedings. We’ve decided to introduce a community manager role in the near future, elected by the community itself. No present member of staff can apply for said position. We will be looking for the most vocal and opinionated members of this community. Do note that applications are NOT open yet as we need to draw certain guidelines. With that being said, you CAN nominate yourself or others for this position in this thread, to give us an idea.

The idea of electing a single 'community manager' (without knowing exactly what it entails) is likely to pose issues. If, by election from the community, it turns into a popularity contest, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with someone who means well but has less interest in heavy roleplay, and less talent in managing community complaints.

Secondly, with our push towards a believable atmosphere, we’ve as you’ve noticed been making strides towards improving this atmosphere, permitting more immersive and believable interactions by the crew. We’re going to continue on by gradually permitting more adult themes into the roleplaying atmosphere of Aurora. As you’ve all known already, romance and affection have been permitted but on the downlow. In our legitimization thread which should hopefully be released in two weeks time, we’ll discuss how we’ll return Erotic RolePlay back into Aurora. This is a response to a lot of private feedback sent to us as staff. The guidelines will establish when it’s alright and when it is not. Note that this does not mean ERP is permitted yet.

ERP isn't what Aurora Station is about. That said, I'd prefer that we weren't so shy about discussing sexual content in-character. As long as we acknowledge that it's not acceptable to actually act upon, then I'd argue that a lot of it should be acceptable. Anyone remember that Firefly scene with Early and Kaylee? That was pretty scary, and used sexual content in a non-erotic way. But I'd rather not know that people are ERPing sucking each other off in the maint tunnels.

Thirdly, per our trial in which we added Vox as possible station goers in the form of merchant. We decided to further advance the lore by the slow addition of adding Vox element to the crew similar in which the fashion of Vaurca being introduced. It may be possible for us to introduce them for the new month but no guarantees just yet.

Please don't. Vox are mysterious. They were the second race we ever discovered. Why would they suddenly join us now? I'm not even really happy with adding the vox merchant; it felt like it removed some of the mystery from them.

Fourth of all. For April fools itself, the development team is going to introduce a few neat things for the community to mess around in. My lips are sealed unless they themselves decide to divulge it all.

Fun

Fifthly, in response to the plethora of threads regarding game modes, probabilities and revoting. We’ve decided to work on a reshuffle voting/probability mechanic for the secret rotation. Essentially instead of us modifying the probability every now and then, the players can vote whenever they want for a reshuffle, permitting them to change the probability. So in theory, you could make a round of Infiltration have a chance of 20%. Though disclaimer, extended cannot be lower than 7% or 5% depending on the population. You can review our other posts on why we’re doing this for extended.

I don't really have a strong opinion on this.

I’m very interested in the opinion of the community at large. Don’t forget to nominate your proposed Community Manager, even if it's yourself!

It is with utter disgrace and bitter hatred at my own actions that I must unironically nominate Scheveningen.

>Thirdly, per our trial in which we added Vox as possible station goers in the form of merchant. We decided to further advance the lore by the slow addition of adding Vox element to the crew similar in which the fashion of Vaurca being introduced. It may be possible for us to introduce them for the new month but no guarantees just yet.

I'm really hoping that this part is a prank. If it isn't I'm going to have to rejoin Atlas. The rest is alright. ERP, if moderated is fine, Community Rep or Manager is a cool role even if it's a meme or a puppet for the staff.

If you’re going to do anything. Anything. Please do not allow ERP. I’m an adult and I can handle erotic themes in-character and discussion of erotic themes, but the last thing I wanna find is Missus Thot, MD, giving some engineer sloppy toppy in a maintenance tunnel. People should be focusing on actual character roleplay and interaction outside of fucking each other. They can do that on another server or in a private chat.

I also nominate Schevenigen/Delta. The manager should be someone who’s logical, rational, and not afraid to speak out.

Edited by Guest

I'd think whoever plays Lunea Discata would work well as a community manager (I only know their IC name). Seeing as they're pretty active on the relay and run the Shipping Manifest now. I mean that's mostly an 'good IC examples' list too so, take that as you will.

That's an admin.

I'm aware, is nominating an admin not allowed?

I'd think whoever plays Lunea Discata would work well as a community manager (I only know their IC name). Seeicng as they're pretty active on the relay and run the Shipping Manifest now. I mean that's mostly an 'good IC examples' list too so, take that as you will.

That's an admin.

I'm aware, is nominating an admin not allowed?

You cannot nominate staff members. They are not eligible for the position.