SSD Timer.

SSDs are annoying, to say the least. But what is even more so, is that you dont know how long they've been gone.

This would be a.. Somewhat OOC addition to help staff and players pass judgement on if a person is good to cryo, or if they've just disconnected for a minute.

Ive seen this on another server, its basically a fancy edition to the already existing purple text "(S)He is fast asleep.", and it would just print a line under this stating for how long they've been gone.

"He is fast asleep"

"SSD for XX minutes."

EDIT!: Screenshot of what I was looking for!

02deaa0a40.png

+1 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It is infuriating to see people taking space and doing jack shit. Or go to dorms intead of cryo. Or SSD sitting in chairs.

If you don't wanna play, go cryo!!

I'd add something to this, have a timer for TOTAL SSD time in the round. so the person can't just move a bit and then go SSD again with a timer reset

+1, with the caveat that the message appears either in a ((double parenthetical)) or with the preface "OOC Info:"

Would it also be possible to send an admin alert if a member of command or a lone job slot goes SSD for a period of time, say 5 minutes or longer? That way they might be able to either ping someone nearby to cryo them or beam them to cryodorms.

A way to potentially make this able to be discussed IC is to have, as opposed to "He's been SSD for XX minutes", have at 10 minutes or something have it say "He looks to be in a deep sleep" or "He is almost comatose".

I figure it'd serve the same function but maybe allow it to be discussed if it'd ever need to be, like between sec officers deciding whether or not to take 'em to cryo yet.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I do not think I will be taken out of the experience by seeing an OOC timer, we will just need to have a reminder somewhere of how long we should let someone SSD before we cryo them.

• Gem locked this topic