Add a 'Department' function to ID consoles.

Basically, allow the Captain/HoP to override the department sorting function so we can assign various titles to different departments. For example, if someone comes to me and asks to be a research chemist, I would love to be able to title them chemist, but sort them under the 'Research' subheading, into of the medical or 'misc' one.

If I recall (and it has been many weeks, forgive me), you can already place them under certain departments. You simply click the role you want them to fill (in your case, perhaps "Scientist") and then you rename the job. It'll put them as a job labeled "Chemist" but occupying the slot of Scientist in Research. Is this what you mean? Is this even a thing? Am I too bone-deep exhausted to remember correctly?

Find out next week.

If I recall (and it has been many weeks, forgive me), you can already place them under certain departments. You simply click the role you want them to fill (in your case, perhaps "Scientist") and then you rename the job. It'll put them as a job labeled "Chemist" but occupying the slot of Scientist in Research. Is this what you mean? Is this even a thing? Am I too bone-deep exhausted to remember correctly?

Find out next week.

Any custom title will immediately place someone under 'Misc' on the manifest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gem locked this topic