Remove or tweak Tourettes from Brain Trauma for the sake of RP

I personally feel that this brain trauma is honestly a little too much and a little too common for its own good. Usually when one receives a brain trauma, it's from a traumatic event such as getting cloned or almost dying. The very act of recovering from death is now made incredibly comedic as the person just cannot stop swearing over comms. I've seen a lot of bad doctors ignore this condition, even as going as far as to not have the common courtesy to remove their headset because memes. This condition seems like a good addition to goonstation or something MRP but I think in HRP it doesn't have a place in it's current state as it damages RP potential.

Thoughts?

It got tired really quickly, however it's probably one of the most impairing mental traumas since it makes both your character and you as a player annoyed and uncomfortable. Which I guess you could count as a success?

I also do agree it distrupts the atmosphere a bit by how often it shows up, outside of nearsigtedness it seems like the mental trauma that just keeps showing up no matter what percentage it has.

Right now I don't feel strong one way or the other.

Tourettes could be changed to randomly blurt out words you've heard (Not always offensive like they are right now) and random body movements such as blinking, clearing your throat and twitching and it would be much more realistic and less literal meme. The current implementation of it is straight from LRP. The equivalent of randomly blurting out memes while brain damaged which also existed on LRP servers and wasn't conducive to roleplay. It really needs to go.

• 1 month later...

It's a relic of a bygone era of Space Station 13. It belongs in the annals of history, with clowns and poop. I welcome its erasure.

+1

[mention]Alberyk[/mention] The wording in your pull request title says "disables Tourette's," but the body text says "With this change, Tourette's can be gained as a random trauma from brain damage."

• Gem locked this topic