Enforce a minimum vote of 25 votes for Crossfire

Guest Menown

Guest Menown

The dance of waiting for Crossfire is one we typically go through once per day. It's annoying and it wastes everybody's time.

Add a bit of code that enforces a minimum vote for Crossfire, and maybe allow vote results to be visible to admins so that anybody that votes for the round but doesn't ready up to meme the server can be treated as griefing (which it technically is).

Add a bit of code that enforces a minimum vote for Crossfire, and maybe allow vote results to be visible to admins so that anybody that votes for the round but doesn't ready up to meme the server can be treated as griefing (which it technically is).

+1 dismissal. It's not griefing and Crossfire already requires 25 players.

Guest Menown

+1 dismissal. It's not griefing and Crossfire already requires 25 players.

Stalling the round by voting for a round that won't get played because you know not enough people are going to ready up, and then unreadying yourself is griefing. You're forcing the round to not start by filibustering it.

It requires 25 players to start, but not for the vote to succeed. If it didn't get 25 players, it should default to the next picked, as it's unlikely that enough people will ready up the initial time unless 25 people actually vote for it.

I don't see why Crossfire is singled out, besides simply being a recent event. This could theoretically apply to any voted gamemode with a pop cap.

While I agree with the concept, I'm concerned with how this could affect voting meta in general- as it is, any vote besides extended or secret is relatively rare, because it is generally accepted that it's difficult to get the server to agree on a single gamemode. This would exacerbate that problem by not only requiring a majority agreement, but a majority agreement that also reaches a certain size.

While that's nice in theory, I feel it will only result in further driving people to vote nothing but secret or extended.

It is stupid that people hate a round type so much they literally won’t ready up for it so those people can’t enjoy the round,

What you're saying is: "It's stupid that I can't force someone to play a game they don't enjoy for my own personal enjoyment because I'm clearly more important" < which is pretty sick.

It is stupid that people hate a round type so much they literally won’t ready up for it so those people can’t enjoy the round,

What you're saying is: "It's stupid that I can't force someone to play a game they don't enjoy for my own personal enjoyment because I'm clearly more important" < which is pretty sick.

The thing is, Xander, instead of putting words in my mouth you could look at it this way. If you don’t want to play the game mode, then leave the server and come back next round.

The thing is, Xander, instead of putting words in my mouth you could look at it this way. If you don’t want to play the game mode, then leave the server and come back next round.

This is basically saying "why do people unready if they don't want to play the round?" and then saying just leave the server which would be essentially unreadying by default, no?

Maybe just some kind of behind the scenes code thing that keeps track of who votes for a specific game mode and then doesn't ready up? If it is indeed a problem and admins etc want to potentially take action on it.

The same thing happens with paranoia also btw, literally happened a few days ago where it took 3 votes to actually start the game.

If I don't want to play it i'm not obligated to, and if it doesn't have enough people without me then I guess not enough people are interested enough for it to win

According to admin staff, they will force the game mode to secret after the lobby deliberately votes a game mode that will not go through, more than twice.

Don't use the vote system as a form of grief. If there's no chance in hell that people will vote it for the first time, just be an adult and vote something else so that this shit doesn't need to happen.

It's not any form of grief or being a dick to vote for a gamemode you want to be passed. I don't know why you would think this. If I want something and have the option to vote for it, I'm voting for it.

Guest Menown

It's not any form of grief or being a dick to vote for a gamemode you want to be passed. I don't know why you would think this. If I want something and have the option to vote for it, I'm voting for it.

You're misunderstanding. I'm saying if you keep voting for a gamemode and have no intention of playing it, and continue to unready to prevent the mode from starting, you're stalling the game, and keeping people from playing.

You're misunderstanding. I'm saying if you keep voting for a gamemode and have no intention of playing it, and continue to unready to prevent the mode from starting, you're stalling the game, and keeping people from playing.

forcing people to ready up wouldn't be too bad of an idea if they do this. Or just let the admins know through an alert.

The funny thing here is that people will vote extended, for, and I quote, no reason other than "I'm not playing this round." I'm not naming names, but I've seen several players push the vote to extended just because they were logging off for the night. Now THAT is greifing,

Now, I don't really know what you're talking about, but I like to play crossfire, and the fact that it actually plays means that enough people indeed ready-up for it. Besides, I've only ever seen 25 votes on the same roundtype when Alb promises an event.

when people ready up, it means they are ready to play. Not that they are ready to play a specific mode.

Voting is for deciding the game mode to be selected.

If people don't want to play the mode, they are free to unready. No one has any obligation of playing a round they don't want.

Being ready =/= voting

I think there's a little too much salt here. The system automatically checks for 25 players before starting a crossfire round and returns everyone to the lobby for a revote if not enough readied up. Some people ready up after the vote but before roundstart, so you may not always get 25 voters but might get 25 players.

As for voting without readying up for the round, it is not griefing. I will sometimes vote after a round I was in but then not ready up, opting instead to sit in the lobby for a bit to join later, or observe for a few minutes before going to sleep, or, yes, I vote knowing full well I will not be playing that round at all.

Don't force people to ready up, either.

Sometimes a vote result will cause me to unready. I like RP and a good extended round every now and again, but sometimes, a roundvote will go extended and I'm not feeling up to a slower pace and will unready. It's a personal choice. Players shouldn't be forced to play a round they aren't interested in playing. And we shouldn't be getting people in trouble for simply voting. One person, one vote. Do what you want with it. Meme if you want. Heck, change your vote at the last second to meme. I don't particularly care. The only potential violation I can think of with voting where admins should step in is if the same IP records multiple votes for a round. And that may simply be because there are two legitimate players in one household. I would imagine that's so petty and rare that I don't think we need to have Robert Mueller go investigate it.

Where we should crack down, if anything, are people cryoing at roundstart because they didn't get antag. Don't crack down on voting. That's part of being a community - not everyone likes the same stuff you do.

The solution to that could be as simple as a log message that just lists those that voted for a round type, but didn't ready up if that round type has been selected.

Admins can then bwoink the relevant players.

If you didn't vote for it, then you are (imho) not obliged to ready up for it.

But if you vote for a round type, you better ready up unless you want to be stamped off as a troll. (And dealt with accordingly)

The solution to that could be as simple as a log message that just lists those that voted for a round type, but didn't ready up if that round type has been selected.

But if you vote for a round type, you better ready up unless you want to be stamped off as a troll. (And dealt with accordingly)

I'd very much like this.

Preferably in addition to something that logs people which goes afk/disconnect/ghost or cryo within a certain amount of time after round start, in order to close that exploit, and people who leave just because they didn't get antag.

I think this is the best solution as well. Honestly, if you vote "Crossfire", but then don't ready up for crossfire, if that 25 player mark isn't reached, why did you even bother voting?

Another things I'd recommend, gray out any option that there aren't enough people for (ready AND non-ready). 22 people on the server? Crossfire is grayed out because it's impossible for 25 to ready up for it with only 22 online. This eliminates the option of even trying to troll at later times.