BurgerBB's Shuttle and Dock redesign

Goals:

- Fit a decent amount of people (40-50)

- Be visible on a screen (No thicc)

- Make it easy for security to transfer

- Give command a safespace, like most servers.

Redesigned ODIN docks, Redesigned Shuttle

vkQgV8V.png

Redesigned NSS Aurora Departures

iis77Kr.png

Shuttle: Fits 30 standard crew, 7 Officers/Prisoners, 6 command members, 2 medical crew. Design is flexible enough to add additional seats, if people think the amount of seats is an issue.

Initial design will include 3 tile wide blast doors for use. If there is a blast door crushing issue (will be vigorously tested) then it will change to custom airlocks.

Some minor details, like oxygen deprivation kits, haven't been added yet so don't worry about that yet.

Looks decent. Not a fan of the cockpit/bridge however. Right now it doesn't even have enough chairs to hold all 6 command members and it doesn't have a special seat for the captain. The captain just sitting next to another command member feels weird to me.

I do like this so much. If you maximize the space you have to work with, I'm sure this'll turn out great. I like the change, but as others have said, there's a few p-small nitpicks and irritations to go around.

Preemptive +1 anyways.

I think it's aesthetically disgusting, but outside of that it's pretty damn good. I never knew you could use blast doors on the shuttle and it seems like a coolio idea.

But here are some highlights.

RED: Seems kinda useless? Or atleast redudant, that room and the extra chair just look weird, like some kind of basketball coach spot.

BLUE: I think you should add some more windows there, command can really use more windows to the side there I think.

GREEN: I think you should place walls there, the "one side glass, other side wall" makes it too assymetrical for my tastes.

Otherwise it looks good and I'd prefer it over the current giant fatass shuttle we have.

ea67a566e8.png

I don't really see what this improves over the previous shuttle we had (before the big one). If room was such a big issue only a slight vertical extension was necessary, not inflating it like a bad titjob. This shuttle seems, strictly speaking, worse.

IMO, replace the two displays between the command and main sitting area with windows. Move the displays to the two wall tiles in the middle, the one between the blast door entrance and the main sitting area, and the one on the right wall.

As of now it seems like the cockpit would be very sequestered away, and while command should certainly be separated physically from the rest of the shuttle, I'm of the belief that they should not be as visually separated as they are now (specifically considering that the command airlocks between the main sitting area and the cockpit are NOT glass).

I also concur that the weird "command waiting room" on the right side is.. weird. To be fair I can't come up with any way to use the space otherwise, though.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

IMO, replace the two displays between the command and main sitting area with windows. Move the displays to the two wall tiles in the middle, the one between the blast door entrance and the main sitting area, and the one on the right wall.

As of now it seems like the cockpit would be very sequestered away, and while command should certainly be separated physically from the rest of the shuttle, I'm of the belief that they should not be as visually separated as they are now (specifically considering that the command airlocks between the main sitting area and the cockpit are NOT glass).

I also concur that the weird "command waiting room" on the right side is.. weird. To be fair I can't come up with any way to use the space otherwise, though.

Fill it with a bunch of emergency lockers

Concept seems good.

Some feedback:

One of the white medkits should be swapped out for an Oxy one.

if you do this please make the oxy-lockers actual lockers and not piles of snowflake code trash - which would pretty well just be colouring in the sprite to make an "open" state. this would solve the lack of softsuits issue.

A windoor in the sec area to keep the prisoners in their own sub-area might be a good idea, and would make it seem a bit smoother.

Potted plants could be replaced with something less trash like vending machines or something.

I'd personally have both the folding-beds put up in a rack to conserve space. could have a table on the opposite side.

Pretty sure you can't change any of the light-tubes that're behind windows, but this may be wrong. I don't even play lol.

The entire thing could probably be scrunched down a tile from the top. that two wide area seems a bit too empty but idk how that compares to our current shittle

This is largely a none issue but it's always bothered me that there are no "engines" on the shuttles. Sure we've got big ol' thrusters or whatever but I'd love to see some fluff engine room for funsies. Just a preference really, not a big deal or even needed.

This is largely a none issue but it's always bothered me that there are no "engines" on the shuttles. Sure we've got big ol' thrusters or whatever but I'd love to see some fluff engine room for funsies. Just a preference really, not a big deal or even needed.

Put a tiny supermatter shard powering it, into which you can shove criminals that board the shuttle.

• Gem locked this topic