Kitchen Recipe Changes - Buffing The Mexican Food

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Burritos, tortillas, chips, and other southwestern and mexican style foods are very resource intensive. They also do not place precisely on the table, so they cannot stack to look nice. This suggestion is just a minor reduction in the resource it takes to make these foods. Tortillas and burritos/chips are staple foods here, and tortilla is the equivalent of bread in being a staple.

Burrito Microwave 1 tortilla, 3 meatballs, 1 space spice.

Please change to:

Burrito Microwave 1 tortilla, 1 meatball, 1 space spice

Burrito (Vegan) Microwave 1 tortilla, 1 carrot, 1 cabbage, 1 tofu.

Please change to:

Burrito (Vegan) Microwave 1 tortilla, 1 tofu.

Carrots in a burrito... Honestly...... The nerve.....

This small change will make burritos economical to create, on top of the other varieties. Currently it is very time consuming to end up with very little product.

Also, please have the burritos and chip baskets precisely-placed so we can fill the counter.

EDIT:

Using the same sprite as Golden Apple Streusel Tart we can also add Flan, a sweat mexican style pudding.

Bake 2 egg, 1 cheese wedge, 5 units milk, 5 units sugar.

A delightful, sweet caramel covered treat.

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

Burritos cannot be placed nicely because of a bug that's fixed already. Check the github for the fix.

Burritos require 3 meatballs because of how much meat is in a burrito and the standard set by spaghetti and meatballs (2 meatballs). If you want to make an economical burrito, code a bean plant and make a proper bean burrito.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Burritos cannot be placed nicely because of a bug that's fixed already. Check the github for the fix.

Burritos require 3 meatballs because of how much meat is in a burrito and the standard set by spaghetti and meatballs (2 meatballs). If you want to make an economical burrito, code a bean plant and make a proper bean burrito.

3 meatballs is more than 2 meatballs. In real life 2 meatballs is about as much meat a burrito can handle if you only have meat in the burrito and nothing else, and that's if you're REALLY stuffing this burrito to maximum capacity.

In-game it is resource and time intensive to make a single burrito because you can only cook 2 meatballs at a once in the microwaves, meaning you need to go through 2 microwave cook cycles for the meatballs by themselves.

We do not need to code in an entirely new bean plant in order to make economical burritos. Burritos should already be economical.

The ingredients for a meatball spaghetti plate can be made en-masse and is not as time or resource intensive. Spaghetti noodles can be made very quickly. Spaghetti is a very easy food to make.

A regular burrito is also a tier 1 food, which can be made into higher level burritos such as spicy burritos, but these tiers are a waste of effort due to the resources and time necessary.

It should only take 1 microwave cycle to get the meatballs necessary.

Good that the glitch was fixed, hope to see it live. However, the burritos are still a problem.

3 meatballs is more than 2 meatballs. In real life 2 meatballs is about as much meat a burrito can handle if you only have meat in the burrito and nothing else, and that's if you're REALLY stuffing this burrito to maximum capacity.

In-game it is resource and time intensive to make a single burrito because you can only cook 2 meatballs at a once in the microwaves, meaning you need to go through 2 microwave cook cycles for the meatballs by themselves.

We do not need to code in an entirely new bean plant in order to make economical burritos. Burritos should already be economical.

The ingredients for a meatball spaghetti plate can be made en-masse and is not as time or resource intensive. Spaghetti noodles can be made very quickly. Spaghetti is a very easy food to make.

A regular burrito is also a tier 1 food, which can be made into higher level burritos such as spicy burritos, but these tiers are a waste of effort due to the resources and time necessary.

It should only take 1 microwave cycle to get the meatballs necessary.

Good that the glitch was fixed, hope to see it live. However, the burritos are still a problem.

You can cook more than 2 meatballs at a time. You can cook up to 10 in each microwave because of how the buik recipe feature works. 3 is also a nice number because that's how much meatballs a single piece of raw meat provides.

Regardless I don't see how a burrito containing 3 meatballs is an issue.

On one hand:

Unless the amount of animal protein in things has changed it's fairly easy to obtain enough for plenty of Burritos. You just have to get a bit creative with the microwave and some recipes.

On the other:

This is a fairly reasonable request for an "entry" type food to cook as a chef. I can get behind it. Especially the vegetarian burrito.

Aside, Desty Nova will approve of the Flan.

+1 for this.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

You are so mad about a burrito.... but ok ill take care of it, your snarky PR not withstanding.

WHY ARE WE FIGHTING

WHY ARE YOU SO DEFENSIVE

WHAT IS YOUR STAKE IN THE BURRITO RECIPE

possible_descriptions = list(

"A lousy amount of meat wrapped in too much tortilla. The flavor balance is way off because of the lack of meat, not to mention it looks incredibly unappealing. Honestly you should straight up space the chef if they present you with this item, not even joking; if a chef lays this out on the counter, fucking flip the table and start throwing shit at them until it kills them. Stuff their dead body in the gibber and use their pathetic remains to make yourself a god damn proper meat burrito.",

"What the fuck kind of pathetic excuse of a burrito is this? It genuinely looks pathetic, almost something you'd see at an 'Anorexic psuedovegans' buffet. this Burritolet probably couldn't fill the stomach of a rat who's been starved for food for 8 weeks. seriously, whoever made this pathetic trash sould be sent off to be rehabilitated for their inevitable anorexia if they thing this shit's a proper meal jesus space christ.",

"Honestly, what the fuck is this? Seriously? What the fuck is this? It's a fucking joke, that's what. The time and effort spent on this tiny monster is a fucking joke. Honestly you'd be better off eating crumbs off the kitchen floor than to seek any sustenance from this. I'm pretty fucking sure that tofu has more nutritional value than this micropenis of a burrito.",

"Okay, stop. You looked at it now, now it's your responsiblity to take action and deal with this joke. Throw it in the trash, right now. This isn't a joke, this is your brain telling you right now to dispose of this mess immediately and find yourself some actual fucking proper food.",

"Wait, does that have any meat? Wait, what the fuck? Where is the fucking meat? Where is the filling? At least vegans fucking attempt to put filling in burritos, such as carrots, but this fucking thing barely has any filling at all. You're pretty fucking sure that NanoTrasen paid good money for the chef, yet they're cutting corners like this. God fucking damn."

)

I mean honestly

Edited by Marlon Phoenix

I'm not mad, I'm having fun with a pseudo meme PR but I guess we can tell emotions on the internet.

The burrito recipe is fine and changing it just seems arbitrary. I'm not going to put in the effort to adjust something I do not agree with changing. At most I will make a PR that entertains myself and scolds anyone lazy enough to make a weak burrito. It's a win win situation because it contains an implementation that you like and an implementation that I like.

I think the proper way to go about a situation like this is to simply oblige to relatively simple requests, to be courteous and agreeable. I'm not sure how you thought "your way" was the right way.

Responding to a legitimate suggestion with drafting up a meme PR that seeks to deride and belittle whatever subject matter is contained below probably won't win you any points in the popularity department.

possible_descriptions = list(

"A lousy amount of meat wrapped in too much tortilla. The flavor balance is way off because of the lack of meat, not to mention it looks incredibly unappealing. Honestly you should straight up space the chef if they present you with this item, not even joking; if a chef lays this out on the counter, fucking flip the table and start throwing shit at them until it kills them. Stuff their dead body in the gibber and use their pathetic remains to make yourself a god damn proper meat burrito.",

"What the fuck kind of pathetic excuse of a burrito is this? It genuinely looks pathetic, almost something you'd see at an 'Anorexic psuedovegans' buffet. this Burritolet probably couldn't fill the stomach of a rat who's been starved for food for 8 weeks. seriously, whoever made this pathetic trash sould be sent off to be rehabilitated for their inevitable anorexia if they thing this shit's a proper meal jesus space christ.",

"Honestly, what the fuck is this? Seriously? What the fuck is this? It's a fucking joke, that's what. The time and effort spent on this tiny monster is a fucking joke. Honestly you'd be better off eating crumbs off the kitchen floor than to seek any sustenance from this. I'm pretty fucking sure that tofu has more nutritional value than this micropenis of a burrito.",

"Okay, stop. You looked at it now, now it's your responsiblity to take action and deal with this joke. Throw it in the trash, right now. This isn't a joke, this is your brain telling you right now to dispose of this mess immediately and find yourself some actual fucking proper food.",

"Wait, does that have any meat? Wait, what the fuck? Where is the fucking meat? Where is the filling? At least vegans fucking attempt to put filling in burritos, such as carrots, but this fucking thing barely has any filling at all. You're pretty fucking sure that NanoTrasen paid good money for the chef, yet they're cutting corners like this. God fucking damn."

I'm not going to pretend like anything I did was "work" in the slightest. Jackboot requested I draft up my own solution and it's what I did since his proposition wasn't amazingly complex.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Thank you Scheveningen! I was able to find what we needed to change but I lost my github account details so shev was kind enough to submit the actual PR.

Probably count this as... Resolved??

I think the proper way to go about a situation like this is to simply oblige to relatively simple requests, to be courteous and agreeable. I'm not sure how you thought "your way" was the right way.

Relatively simple requests can also be relatively wrong. Burritos as is are already fairly easy to make (inb4 xd he doesn't even play xdd) and only take a trivial amount of effort to make. seriously, one meat per burrito is fine. you can make a shitload of meatballs without much effort.

Relatively simple requests can also be relatively wrong. Burritos as is are already fairly easy to make (inb4 xd he doesn't even play xdd) and only take a trivial amount of effort to make. seriously, one meat per burrito is fine. you can make a shitload of meatballs without much effort.

Thing is that meatballs in turn cost a lot of animal protein, something that will hurt the kitchen economy unless you use some near exploits in order to get enough of it.

Food can never be too hard to make or take too much to make something, since the more food you put into a recipe, the more meat you get out of it. I mean the burrito was specifically balanced in a way where you actually get a huge protein surplus (6 protein) if you make it, that's an extra 2 protein per meatball. Spaghetti and meatballs requires 2 meatballs and you get a bonus of 4 protein, so if you change this burritos will be pretty fucking generous when it comes to giving extra protein. There is also the issue of pure capsaicin in my burrito hell recipe. For some reason you decided to half the chilis required to make this recipe, which is actually a REAL balance concern and no longer a meme since the chef can now obtain pepper spray without phoron twice as easily now.