Disposals Map Overhaul

Disposals is shit. This aims to improve it and adds more cargo interaction.

DSh7SxF.png

Added a mailing room to the main floor. Moved main level cryo to the main level dorms. Adjusted the location of disposals.

Unlabeled wrapped packages go straight to the mailing room to be sorted. Unwrapped items that are not tagged go straight to the crusher. Before, it would do multiple circuits around the station because of bad disposal design. Labeled wrapped packages go to their intended destination. This means that any object can be sent to the cargo mailing room as long as it's wrapped.

Edited by Guest

Ah, I thought you were going about overhauling all of disposals. The drones are severely lacking in mail tags, and sending yourself to the HoP's office causes an infinite loop that requires admin intervention to get out of.

If you are going about reworking it all, could you toss in a few more points for them to swoop to?

I suppose the two things that bother me would be

1. The lack of a conveyor system for retrieval of used crates.

If you decide to return a cargo crate by hand then it's so untidy to be forced to leave it in the lobby. The current conveyor makes things a bit neater, so something like that would be lovely.

2. The fact that you have to cross an open hallway in order to get into the mailing room.

As it is, the mailing room seems to stand apart from the rest of Cargo and it looks a bit odd. Especially as you have a perfect spot for a door there already.

Don't get me wrong, I love the work you have done. It's just those two things that bug me.

regarding 1.

Yeah, but he plays cargo, so he probably doesn't like that people can bypass his door. So trying to quietly cut that

Point.

You could avoid that if you'd create the door I pointed out in 2, and make a conveyor belt go along the wall to where the pallet/crate markings are.

Would remove the chairs though.

Honestly I adore the change. The only thing I'm a little worried about is the entrance into the crusher just having a straight path into the giant open pit. If someone's lagging a bit or they come in not expecting it, they could just fall straight in. The complete openness of it just fills me with anxiety.

• 1 month later...
  • Gem locked this topic