Aurora New Map Feedback

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make the chemistry and virology labs large enough to comfortably accomodate two people. On the current map, both of them are too small

This includes:

-Walking areas being two tiles wide if possible

-Important machines either being doubled, or being placed in areas where they can be accessed from several spots. This includes filing cabinets and the virus analyser

-Space around internal doorways for people to shuffle around. The current map's virology s fine, but chemistry's door being up against a wall, and with a table right infront of it inside, means a lot of traffic congestion

Also, make virology have more tables than it does now, they need more space to put things on

Edit: Looking at the pictures of the new map, chemistry looks better, but it has a flaw of having less table space for chemists, the workstations should be moved farther apart so they don't need to share tables. I don't see virology at all

Please make the chemistry and virology labs large enough to comfortably accomodate two people. On the current map, both of them are too small

This includes:

-Walking areas being two tiles wide if possible

-Important machines either being doubled, or being placed in areas where they can be accessed from several spots. This includes filing cabinets and the virus analyser

-Space around internal doorways for people to shuffle around. The current map's virology s fine, but chemistry's door being up against a wall, and with a table right infront of it inside, means a lot of traffic congestion

Also, make virology have more tables than it does now, they need more space to put things on

Edit: Looking at the pictures of the new map, chemistry looks better, but it has a flaw of having less table space for chemists, the workstations should be moved farther apart so they don't need to share tables. I don't see virology at all

Hello.

The images of the Medbay are not up to date. The whole Medbay has been remapped, and it's completely different now.

Current version of Chemistry:

nqqdLep.png

Since the picture of medbay isn't up to date, I hope this was fixed/changed, Something that a lot of people wanted, and were really excited about was having two surgery theaters. In the current picture, there are technically two surgery rooms, but one is disheveled, bolted, taped and with dead things in there, like it's some sort of joke it was removed.

I'd prefer if things were more compact.

If you compare two recent maps added by servers, Apollo and Polaris; Apollo is the much superior map due to being compact and accessible. Polarises size means there are deadzones everywhere with no activity. Using an elevator gives you a good opportunity to achieve this compactness.

Another suggestion is more maintenance corridors and some very small maintenance elevators that can be used by engineering (only like 2/4 tiles of floor space for a single or couple of maintenance workers and their equipment).

Since the picture of medbay isn't up to date, I hope this was fixed/changed, Something that a lot of people wanted, and were really excited about was having two surgery theaters. In the current picture, there are technically two surgery rooms, but one is disheveled, bolted, taped and with dead things in there, like it's some sort of joke it was removed.

Medbay has two working theaters now, yes. The pictures of the Medbay do not reassemble the reality anymore. It's been re-done completely.

Medbay has two working theaters now, yes. The pictures of the Medbay do not reassemble the reality anymore. It's been re-done completely.

Weren't we supposed to have one functional operating theater? And one almost-operating one, with the operating table half-done (Skull's operating table construction mechanics)?

I believe, there was a thread about 2 OR's ages before, and the general consensus was exactly this ^^^^. That's lame.

Weren't we supposed to have one functional operating theater? And one almost-operating one, with the operating table half-done (Skull's operating table construction mechanics)?

I believe, there was a thread about 2 OR's ages before, and the general consensus was exactly this ^^^^. That's lame.

If you can provide evidence of that thread, then we will reconsider it, also taking into account that the perspective of the community may have been different "ages" before. As far as we are concerned, the community is sufficiently divided to the point where neither development will be satisfactory, and thus we are equally capable of doing both.

(...)

HELLO, THERE:

http://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4577&start=30#p46259

http://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4577&start=30#p46261

I'd rather not copy-paste arguments from this thread.

I mean, having one functional surgery theater, and one almost-complete one would be a fair compromise, right? Add ghetto surgery and the fancy genetics-life support table to the mix (assuming it still exists, Skullo) and we're golden.

Before doing the remap, I asked some people around the Medbay that exact thing, if they wanted one or two ORs. The general opinion was to have two operating ones. Also, I, as a regular player of Medical, think that two theaters are needed, most of the time. LordFowl is the boss here, though.

Before doing the remap, I asked some people around the Medbay that exact thing, if they wanted one or two ORs. The general opinion was to have two operating ones. Also, I, as a regular player of Medical, think that two theaters are needed, most of the time. LordFowl is the boss here, though.

You can't just ask medbay players if they want things. It's like asking security regulars if they want more guns in the armoury to validhunt antags. And most of them would say 'yes', because they main security and want to see more antag-vs-security action.

You need to think "objectively", with the "game sense" to balance things. But yeah, do whatever.

I like to view the process as: Think about how they'll behave with what they're given, and if they truly /need/ it, don't think about whether or not they want it.

One example of something they might want but would encourage negative behaviour, a crew monitor in the centre of medbay. Crew monitors should only be on the bridge, the medical front desk, paramedic office (I don't get why this exists), and the CMO's office. If they're in the centre of medbay they will encourage antisocial and avoidant behaviour from people who should be gathered in their lobby when not actively treating patients, those people being Nurses and Doctors. Same reason I heavily dislike departmental break rooms instead of communal break rooms.

I kind of like the idea of having a office for the paramedics.

Keep in mind that a paramedic is not a doctor (most of the time).

Becoming a paramedic is not that hard. (8 weeks theoretical course, internship, test and you are a paramedic)

Basically how it works is that:

* (critical care) paramedics and maybe a emergency physician (depending on the type of emergency) are dispatched to a call

* They stabilize the patient and bring him to the nearest hospital equiped to handle the emergency.

I hope a own office for paramedics disencourages doctors from heading out on their own to retrieve patients (Its not in their job description)

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion still stands. People wanted two surgery theaters, not just medical players. We have two now, and I don't want that changed. There is literally no reason we shouldn't have two. The original post really needs to be updated to show what's been changed.

My opinion still stands. People wanted two surgery theaters, not just medical players. We have two now, and I don't want that changed. There is literally no reason we shouldn't have two. The original post really needs to be updated to show what's been changed.

Whether to have two surgery theatres or not has been a topic of contention among the mappers, and we've switched from having one to having two multiple times. However, we have ultimately decided on only having one theatre available at round-start. We do not foresee this to be a major issue, as the existence of two theatres was little more than a luxury that we did not believe was necessary. If reduction to one theatre becomes problematic, players are invited to create a suggestion thread after a suitable amount of time has passed to become acclimated to the changes of the new map.

In concerns of updating the original post, an update of information will be forthcoming when all necessary materials are available to me, and not a moment sooner. Don't let the little snapshot I showed to the staff get you all hot and bothered, dear.

• 1 month later...
Is the map still alive in development?

In short, yes. A release date is still pending, however, due to complications in re-implementing somewhat out-dated z-level code. The map itself however is complete, which is why there have been relatively few updates on either thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Is the map still alive in development?

In short, yes. A release date is still pending, however, due to complications in re-implementing somewhat out-dated z-level code. The map itself however is complete, which is why there have been relatively few updates on either thread.

(I also posted this in the memorandom thread without knowing the map is apparently finished map-wise but not code-wise)

Considering this, could we get updated pictures?

I'm also really interested on layout of the infrastructure of the station (Pipes, wires and disposals).

Could we get a speciic layout of all this?

• 4 months later...

So I've noticed that the CMO's office is at the far far back of Medical, I think it'd be better to move it closer to the middle of medical like Exodus does, or at least not literally at the furthest end, as it discourages CMO's from actually sitting in their office because they can't see anything happening in medical there.

I think captain's should have a means of extracting Chauncey from his spot without getting a toolbox involved.

Of course what I'm looking at isn't the finished product, but I don't think maintenance needs any skeletal remains in it.