Give CMOs maint, external airlock access

Kinda as simple as the title.

Currently the CMO is the only head of staff with less access than some of their staff. Notably the paramedic.

It also means that a CMO can't give out a paramedic level guest pass for a doctor or anyone else in a crisis.

Other departments are often too busy or too far away to help in moments that require quick action to save dying staff.

I would imagine CMO's shouldn't really be so completely abandoning their department to be faffing around in outer space.

Although I don't particularly have strong feelings about this, I am wondering. Do CMO's really not have external airlock access?

How long has that been a thing? I don't remember having any issues with airlocks.

This is not for the CMO to go out. In the suggestion you can see I was leaning on having the capacity to give it out as guest passes. No head should be abandoning their department to faf in space. Or maint. But they can only send paramedics with paramedic access to those areas. And if they get stuck or overwhelmed. A CMO cannot guest pass another person to help them even if it is as much as hauling another body out of maint.

the HoS and HoP both have access to fool around in space, yet they don't. i don't see why the CMO would suddenly start doing so if they're given such access.

also, all heads of staff should be able to get a suit and get out of dodge of the station anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

minimal_access = list(access_medical, access_medical_equip, access_morgue, access_genetics, access_heads,
		access_chemistry, access_virology, access_cmo, access_surgery, access_RC_announce,
		access_keycard_auth, access_sec_doors, access_psychiatrist, access_eva, access_external_airlocks,
		access_paramedic)

CMO already has external airlocks access, I guess maintenance access would be fine, so I will get on it.

the HoS and HoP both have access to fool around in space, yet they don't. i don't see why the CMO would suddenly start doing so if they're given such access.

also, all heads of staff should be able to get a suit and get out of dodge of the station anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because most of the CMO players on Aurora have an obsessive compulsion to run off and play hero at the first given opportunity instead of delegating, moreso than HoS players who tend to be at least a bit responsible with their position and HoPs who get dogpiled whenever they get out of line.

We whitelist people with more than a couple neurons to their own credit. We cannot speak for random doctors who may not be as capable of saving someone as a whitelisted person who knows the ins and outs of their own department can. Command staff, normally, is immune to the pubbie curse due to head of staff roles being gated behind a whitelist.

Because most of the CMO players on Aurora have an obsessive compulsion to run off and play hero at the first given opportunity instead of delegating, moreso than HoS players who tend to be at least a bit responsible with their position and HoPs who get dogpiled whenever they get out of line.

I hope you ahelp this because running around playing hero by CHing antags with a hypospray to play hero is really shitty and those heads of staff should get their Whitelist stripped.

I do think the CMO should get maintenance. Paramedics get it and every time I play CMO, I think no maintenance access is a silly thing.

• 4 weeks later...