Curb pAI's

Basically, there's been a (recent?) trend where a pAI will request to roam free from their master (which is contrary to the intended role) and then slip through drone doors to snitch on people to security via PDA messages. I suggest somehow, we cease this. Perhaps by removing pAI drone door access.

Coding it so that you can swipe anyone's ID card through the pAI and give them the same access might be a good answer.

That way you can also give them nefarious access. If you get someone else's ID.

In the mean time. It is completely and utterly acceptable to pick up and wipe a pAI that is not yours and is snitching on you. They are toys. Burn them if they get irritating.

what is everyone talking about?

I DID code them to only have the access of their master. I DID code the ID swiping feature, and that has been active for a long time. They do not have total access to every door, only the ones their master's ID has. AND i made sure they can only be swiped with an ID that is a DNA match for their master, so you cant just swipe the captain's spare on it.

If these things are not true right now, then it is a change, and a bug. Only having master access was the intended behaviour, and that's the behaviour it had when i first implemented the feature

what is everyone talking about?

I DID code them to only have the access of their master. I DID code the ID swiping feature, and that has been active for a long time. They do not have total access to every door, only the ones their master's ID has. AND i made sure they can only be swiped with an ID that is a DNA match for their master, so you cant just swipe the captain's spare on it.

If these things are not true right now, then it is a change, and a bug. Only having master access was the intended behaviour, and that's the behaviour it had when i first implemented the feature

They do via drone doors.

I swear I've not only seen PAIs, but been a PAI, that could go through any door, whatever my master/even if I had no master. I've never once had access denied as a PAI.

I do think however, a possible solution to the validhunting PAI problem is make them auto-shut down if they don't have a master, or if they've been too long away from their master. Maybe not make them insta wipe, but make them unable to use any functions or unfold into mobile form.

I swear I've not only seen PAIs, but been a PAI, that could go through any door, whatever my master/even if I had no master. I've never once had access denied as a PAI.

I do think however, a possible solution to the validhunting PAI problem is make them auto-shut down if they don't have a master, or if they've been too long away from their master. Maybe not make them insta wipe, but make them unable to use any functions or unfold into mobile form.

That might be nice, yeah. always wanted a cute lil' pAI bunny to sit on my desk as I do paperwork and talk to me about pAI stuff.

But this removes a bit of the antag-ability aspect of it (In that you can give a pAI your stolen all access (or emag it?) and send it off to spy for you). I think the door idea might be the best in all honesty, it's the most flexible I think.

I do think its neat to have a little helper that can always go through doors and scout for you/ask people on the other side to open it for you.

Maybe if an antag emags it, the PAI not only loses its "leash," but also gets some new nefarious abilities (IE able to shock doors a door by jacking it, cause minor mayhem of that sort).

I do think a leash makes sense lore wise too, just to prevent PAIs from getting "lost." I do definitely see the merit of giving a PAI only its users access, however.

I like how Nanako literally said she fixed this problem, and that the behavior you are talking about is a bug, and yet you are still suggesting ways to fix the problem like it was intended this way.

I do not think that pAI's should die suddenly if they get too far away from their master or don't have one. That is really dumb, and makes them little more than someone's talking point to loiter nearby or sit on their head.

Did you know?

We have a github to report bugs!

If features are working aside from their intended vision by the developer who coded it, all of your reports should go yonder! You post an issue with a mildly descriptive title, and then a description detailing how to reproduce it (unless it's gamebreaking and should be communicated directly to a coder if they ask how to do it after you submit the PR)! Coders will fix the most glaring bugs as soon as they can.

Naturally, don't be this guy! This guy's methodology was the effective equivalent of sharting a square-like turd into a person's mailbox and calling it an official correspondence.

• Gem locked this topic