[NewMap] Improvements for XenoArch

Xenoarchaeology has always been a "dangerous" but now that we have gravity, there are a lot more hazards that could be offset by being a little better supplied.

1. Add more metal to the digsite area. 10 sheets isn't enough. It's useful to build lattice bridges to move across the holes.

2. Add foldable ladders so they can move up and down the levels.

3. Access to Jetpacks?

4. Magboots pls. Thnx.

Ey! First post for me--nice place you got here.

Loving the changes for XenoArch, most especially the fact that the rest of the crew is only one short elevator ride away!

To NebulaFlare's list, definitely seconded, but at the very least the magboots and extra metal. Jetpack, I can probably just get that from Cargo later in the round.

I feel like xenoarch's anomalists also need something to defend themselves from carp now that carp can invade their mining site, or at least a more armored voidsuit so that they don't get slaughtered by them.

I get that xenoarchs aren't supposed to be indiana jones, but it makes your work almost completely impossible for the rest of the round if the station opts for bubble shields instead of a sec sweep. Maybe a simple plasmacutter? Just anything that prevents a fairly common random event from crippling you.

• 6 months later...
  • Gem locked this topic